Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fiasco Add-On overwriting existing assets

Excited to see the new Fiasco Card game coming to Roll20, but adding the add-on card decks will overwrite the existing elements in the game. It appears the creators didn't create entirely new handouts and decks when creating the add-ons, and instead just change the content of the existing ones. So, the add-on handouts and decks are the same ID as the existing ones, thus overwriting them instead of adding new content. Hope to see this fixed with proper, unique assets soon.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Stefan - Thank you for the report! Looking into it now. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Stefan - currently working on a fix. Thanks for the report!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
If you start a new game with the module and add in the expansions you should be all good to go.
Yeah, that works now. Adding the add-ons doesn't overwrite anything anymore, and adds proper decks and handouts. However, the handouts added are empty, no text at all.

Edited 1590665032
I also just noticed that the text for "Dragonslayers Kickers" and "Poppleton Mall Kickers" handouts gets replaced with the text from whatever expansion was added last (without changing the name of the handout). Also, and this one is a little stranger, when I look at the decks for Dragonslaers and Poppleton, I see the right cards (as indicated in the lower left corner), but when I actually pull cards from the decks, they are from different decks from the expansions. 
Was just wondering if this is being addressed as the expansions still don't work properly. The handouts created are blank. The handouts from the original module have their content changed when an expansion is added. And the decks get messed up, as well. Thank you.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Stefan, we're working on getting these back to full functionality. I appreciate your updates!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Stefan - additional question.  If you add in just ONE addon into the base module, does that still occur? or just when adding in several addons? Thank you!
It happens with all of them no matter which one install, no matter if it’s one or all.
I noticed that I am having the same problem where the add on score, kickers, and name handouts all have no text.
I am having the problem that David H. describes as well.
Hi Roll 20 team, the handouts have been fixed, thank you, the "score", "kickers" and "name" handouts now have text. However, the decks still get mixed up somehow whenever one of the expansions are added (whether one or all expansions are added). Any update to this? 

Edited 1594729478
Declan. F
KS Backer
This is still not fixed despite almost 2 months passing. I do however have a workaround fix which should allow you to play the game without issues - but you're not going to like it...: 1) Start a game with just Fiasco Core Duplicate EVERYTHING in Journal within the Dragonslayers, Poppleton Mall and Tales of Suburbia folders Move the Duplicates into the correct folders Duplicate all the card decks except Aftermath and Playing Cards (in fact I just deleted playing cards). I recommend renaming the duplicates with a '(Copy)' at the end so you know what is a duplicate. Delete all the originals, just leaving the duplicates Adding a single expansion Duplicate the Handouts Duplicate the Decks Delete the Originals Add the next expansion etc. Once you've added the last expansion you can go back and rename everything to remove the 'Copy of' bits. Note : Never add an expansion until you have duplicated and removed all the originals from the previous product. Note 2 : In theory you don't need to duplicate the stuff in the last expansion you add. I would recommend you do anyway incase they release another expansion at some point. Then having done this you may as well fix the other two issues with the game: 2) All Outcome Desks should be set up with a Discard pile. I'd recommend setting Discard pile to "Show Backs". 3) All four Outcome decks (two in core, two for Camp Death) should be set up to play to the tabletop "Facing Down" Optional: I've noticed some odd scaling for the decks. I suspect the card art isn't all the same size. So I would also add scaling sizes to the cards. The ones I've checked are all 15 x 11 ratio, so I'd set the playset decks to 225 x 165 and the Outcome decks to 150 x 110. Finally , since you never want to go through that again I'd recommend taking a copy of the entire game and calling it something like "Fiasco (Template)". You can now create new fiasco games by taking a copy of this template.