Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lair Actions in general

I have a villain that is going to have lair actions. I cannot see how to put this onto the NPC/Monster block. Is there an option for that I am not seeing?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For 5e? Yep, on the character sheet near where the NPC checkbox is. 2 lines above it is Legendary Actions. Set it to a number above zero and you'll get a Legendary Actions repeating field section with the other actions/reactions/traits.
Ok I am dumb and thought legendary actions and Lair actions were different. Thank you so much
You're not dumb, they are different. I like to put lair actions on legendary action section for ease of use, but I make sure I identify them right.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Whoops, totally misread your post! Who would've thought there'd be more than one word that starts with L
oosh lol That works! I was just wondering if there was a secondary slot
Sadly. There isn't a secondary slot for Lair Actions on Roll20. Unless you put it in some category you might just have a note on your desk or a second page with just the lair actions open while you do the combat.
I am not as familiar with 5e and this sheet, but could Mythic Actions be used for Lair Actions? That is a checkbox option right near where you enter the number of  Legendary Actions. Or are Mythic Actions something different?
Rabulias said: I am not as familiar with 5e and this sheet, but could Mythic Actions be used for Lair Actions? That is a checkbox option right near where you enter the number of  Legendary Actions. Or are Mythic Actions something different? In D&D 5e some enemies have lair actions. It is a special action that allow the enemy (most likely a boss) to do a special move. Like allowing the Vampire Strahd von Zarovich to travel through the walls as long as he is within his castle named Ravenloft. This action is treated as if it was a player in the turn order and have a static initiative of 20 (losing ties if anything else also gets a 20). Legendary enemies (or just very strong enemies) have something called Legendary Actions. They have 3 actions and they can only use these at the end of a players turn. Sometimes, these actions have a cost of two so if they use this much more powerful action they only have a single Legendary Action left. When all of the actions has been used. The enemy regain these actions when it is their turn again. I am not sure what Mythic Actions are. But in 5e, Legendray Actions and Lair Actions are very much different from each other. Lair Actions are a little more meta gaming or lore/plot based actions then just simple stats for the enemy.