Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Some Help

Hello. I have come to this forum asking for assistance regarding characters. I have joined my first game on this site after making my account and don't know where to start with character creation after using D&D Beyond for previous campaigns. Any help will be appreciated. 
The dm should provide a character sheet within the game for you to fill out.  Many people prefer to use the charactermancer, which works kind of like making a new character in beyond.    If you want to get the hang of it, you can create your own game and create a character in it.  The charactermancer will be limited by the books that have been purchased by the individual or the DM though.

Edited 1591108049
If you do not own any books. You simply have to "Yo Ho, Yo Ho!" the information and design it by hand yourself. But hey. See it like this. It is far better for the hobby to have as many playing it as possible then trying to be a puritan that is stingy and say everyone have to buy everything no matter what. We all know the forever DM most likely have had to buy all books at least twice already.
Thanks for the advice, everyone. In the game I'm in, the GM has a bunch of the paid resources, so I should be good on what I have for options.