Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for a Forested Wilderness Battle Map, Help Wanted

So, I am currently looking for a good Forest Battle Map to suit my needs for crafting some interesting random encounters in 'Curse of Strahd.'  My current perfect desire would be a Forest Road lying between a tall forested hill on one side, and either a thick forest, river, or another forested hill on the other side.  Basically a good place for an ambush by a bunch of wolves descending on the party.  The problem I'm having is that a lot of the map packs and such don't seem to offer anything like user reviews or such, or provide visual examples of what you're buying.  If someone could help a guy out, that would be fantastic.
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Serge - as far as I know, opening a product with maps on the R20 store, shows you thumbnails of all of the maps inside them so you can see the content of every store product. Would something like this be suitable? This is made from three separate 'Meander: Modular Battlemaps' placed together to build custom terrain features. I have over 1350 of these maps so one might do the right job but if not you can join them together as you like. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4375/meanders-map-pack-venmire-woods-ii" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4375/meanders-map-pack-venmire-woods-ii</a>
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
It's true, there are no user reviews. But every map pack has all the thumbnails available so you can see what you're going to get. I have a mountain roads pack upcoming (just waiting on the approval) and it sounds almost perfect except for one thing... they're not forested! It contains roads sandwiched between mountainous cliffs instead! Still a good place for an ambush. Oh well... Kris' maps should probably do for your needs!

Edited 1590919151
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Or Tiffany's, or MsJays, Saul Wynne, Chibbin Grove, Czepeku, RPGFantasyGraphics or the dozens of other very talented cartographers here on R20 all have excellent map packs loaded with quality maps - finding what you want is not easy with such a vast amount to choose from but between us we have virtually every map covered. You seem to have taken the most logical step of asking us what we have to suit your needs to narrow down the search and I'd encourage other users looking for specific maps to keep doing the same. Users are always free to ask us for specific maps but R20 does let you preview all maps in a pack by clicking on it, then scrolling down to the bottom and it has thumbnails of all the maps included. Knowing that will hopefully help you in future searches.
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, for curse of stradh I used the haunted woods or witchwoods from brass badger workshop. They are really nice and right in the mood I needed :) (there is another set with cliffs, named highlands, in case you absolutely need it)
Alright, thanks very much everyone!&nbsp; I'll take a look through all of them and see what suits my needs best.&nbsp; :)