Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e using level in a weapon calculation

Hi Everyone, New here, so sorry for the beginner question. I searched and searched and experimented, but to no avail. I want to add level in a calculation on the character sheet for a weapon. I tried + @{level} and ?{level} and neither worked. Can this be done? What is the correct syntax? Is there an explanation of the syntax? Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Without seeing exactly what you are trying, I assume you are adding your tests to the extra damage field (the one after the attribute field to use). That field only accepts an integer. Try adding it to the base damage calculation. "1d8" becomes "1d8+@{level}" If the assumption is incorrect, can you give a little more info as to exactly what you are trying, and verify that this is for the  D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 sheet?
Thank you @keithcurtis! Yes, D&D 5th edition Roll20 sheet. I was trying to make a button for my monk's Deflect Missile function, which says "the damage you take from the att⁠ack is reduced by 1d10 + your Dexterity modifier + your monk level." I had made a listing in the "attacks & spellcasting" box, for convenience, and had tried to put the '@{level} where the arrow is in the screenshot below. It was just ignored. Thank you for explaining that this field is for integers only :-) As you can see, I now have the '@{level} in the correct place, and it works great.  (BTW am new here and love the tools that Roll20 offers). Thank you!