Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Dynamic line of sight

I am doing a campaign for which I want a creepy atmosphere and exploration to be key. Line of sight/dynami lightning/fog of war is great for this. But, I want to set my tokens to have 120 degree cone of vision instead of 360 - except that this is very clunky, since they then have to manually rotate their token to look around, which isn't sustianable and breaks immersion. Is there a way to set it up so that the sight line (centre of the cone of light) always points along their movement vector as they drag a token around?
1591047009
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe there is an API script that does something like this, but nothing I know of that does this at the Free or Plus level.
If that were a feature of Pro it would be reason enough to upgrade. Do you have any more detail?
1591057062
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do your players know about the keyboard/mouse shortcuts for rotating? On a related note, I have a keyboard shortcuts cheat sheet in my API button menu that I post to chat every now and then.
Thank for the link, that's useful! Still a bit clunky and micromange-y for what I would like to be a creepy crawl through a dark map, though.
Another possibility is to use the API token mod. It can set your LOS angles and you can use it to rotate a token much easier. I do not change the angles much but I do rotate and resize tokens and this api is must for those sort of things. In my games i set up token action for my player so they can easily click a button from the token action bar and rotate their token. Granted this is for pro use but if you are considering our options that is another option.
So how would one automate that? I'm pretty new to roll20 and the API in general. Is it possible to do something like an event binding? In this case I would like the token to rotate automatically in response to a click and drag event. Is that doable?