Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spiritual Weapon D&D 5e OGL sheet upcasting as normal spell

I can't find any option to skip levels when I'm upcasting spiritual weapon, am I missing something?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You mean only upcasting on the even levels where you get the damage increase? You could code it in yourself if it really bothers you, but technically the spell can be cast with any slot - you could be out of even spell slots and still want to cast it.

Edited 1591622454
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh I see now - the calculation is wrong, it's increasing damage by 1d8 per level. Sorry. Change the higher level cast die type to NONE to get rid of that, then put this in the Damage 2 field: [[floor(?{Cast at what level?|2}/2)-1]]d8[Lvl ?{Cast at what level?} slot] and set the Damage 2 Type to Force, or to Upcast if you prefer. If you'd prefer to have the upcast damage just added straight to the normal damage, replace the normal Damage field with: [[floor(?{Cast at what level?|2}/2)]]d8[Lvl ?{Cast at what level?} slot] Unless you really want the drop-down, then just use: ?{Cast at what level?|2,2|4,3|6,4|8,5}d8 in the normal Damage field. There are issues with a few spells that don't follow normal progression or have conditional damage - it's usually not too hard to fix!
Oosh said: Oh I see now - the calculation is wrong, it's increasing damage by 1d8 per level. Sorry. Change the higher level cast die type to NONE to get rid of that, then put this in the Damage 2 field: [[floor(?{Cast at what level?|2}/2)-1]]d8[Lvl ?{Cast at what level?} slot] and set the Damage 2 Type to Force, or to Upcast if you prefer. If you'd prefer to have the upcast damage just added straight to the normal damage, replace the normal Damage field with: [[floor(?{Cast at what level?|2}/2)]]d8[Lvl ?{Cast at what level?} slot] Unless you really want the drop-down, then just use: ?{Cast at what level?|2,2|4,3|6,4|8,5}d8 in the normal Damage field. There are issues with a few spells that don't follow normal progression or have conditional damage - it's usually not too hard to fix! Thank you very much :) You're awesome!