Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ch. 7: A New Band of Adventurers Set off for Candlestick Mountain

Phoenix: So first question, has the bounty been increased from 2000 GP?   Dungeon Master (GM): yes   Borimor Redbeard: Ok so 2000 gp to catch Elgin the Bards Dead and We know that some have been flayed?   Dungeon Master (GM): heh, no you have no idea about the others being flayed, as they would be off in the woods somewhere and likely now only bones left   Borimor Redbeard: ok   Dungeon Master (GM): so another week as past and the new party is in the Tall Mug Inn prior to setting off, it's 6am   Phoenix: Wonder if they flayed the old unseelie corpses   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Gimme an ale, a good Dwarven one, if ya got it?"   Aelswith The Innkeeper Says, "One Ale coming right up Borimor!", places a tall foamy mug in front of Borimor     Zenny: So have we been here before? Seeing as how the inkeep knows his name   Dungeon Master (GM): yes, let's say you are all volunteering towns folks   Buddy D.: madaam my name is puto what is yours   Phoenix: Are we sure that's not a dude?   Aara The Brewmeister Says, "I am Aara"   Aara is a stoutly built woman with broad hips and back. She seems to be in her late thirties. Her shoulder length, black hair is streaked with a few stray grays. When she smiles, it is noticeable that she is missing one of her front teeth. She wears a knee length dress that has a burgundy top and silver skirt with black demask patterns on it. A stained apron protects the front of her dress and she smells strongly of ale.   Dungeon Master (GM): remember you are looking for info on Elgin so ask away   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "So, innkeep, we're looking to collect that bounty. Do you have any information that could help?"   Buddy D.: i slowly back away   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Hey, We be lookin for some news bout this Elgin fella, Do you have anything to say bout him?"   Aelswith The Innkeeper Says, "Alee-Onna, my singing girl was all twiterbated over that rapscallion. He done broke her heart. She's dead now and likely by that creep."   buddy you might still want to ask her about elgin no need to hit her up for a date!   Puto Magee: aara do you know a fellow named elgin   Aara The Brewmeister Says, "Aye he’s a scoundrel, but he was always quick to buy another round for the room. Couldn’t hold um spirits though. I could drink um under the table on me worst day. When he was in town, hit was always a gay time."   She pauses and smiles a gap-toothed grin, Aara The Brewmeister Says, "Once I took him home wit me, oh what a night.” A concerned look creeps over her visage, “Oh I shouldn’t uh said that. I’ll be thanking ya to be keepin that under ya hats. Alee-onna is dead now, as it is, no need in addin to the town’s  hurts."   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Damn. That's a shame. I'm sorry for your loss. Do you have any clue about his whereabouts?"   Borimor Redbeard: anything from Hoc?   Hoc is a wiry man in his early thirties. He is a little taller than the average man in Kellee, being around five feet ten inches tall. His shaggy blond hair is dirty and unkempt. He wears a sleeveless, dark green tunic and brown leather breeches. On his belt, he carries a long knife and a quiver of arrows. He has an unstrung short bow strapped to his back.   Hoc The Trapper Says, "He is a dangerous one he is. Soons cut ya as shake ya hand. Sayin that though, if ya could get him to make a deal, he’d stick to it. A turn coat he’s not. Torr says he killed the wolf pack for they share of the loot, maybe… but those boys was like brothers to him, sos I have a hard time seein him doing it."   Hoc The Trapper Says, "Last place I heard he might have been, was that silver mine up on the border, but that’s before the killin round these parts started."     Aelswith The InnKeeper Says, "I wouldn't have a clue where Elgin is now but I do hope you can find him."   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Thanks much, be thinkin bout it as I search for him"   Hoc The Trapper Says, "I can show you the way to the mine for a few silvers."
Phoenix: FREE MEATSHIELD! WOOT! Err CHEAP MEATSHIELD! WOOT!   Fuci Lumet: So does the innkeep have anything to say?   Dungeon Master (GM): I don't even have a sheet for him though, he'll likely just stay out of the way   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Ya can do that? great!! Heres some silver for ya, lemme get the gang together. (Pay him 5 sp)"   Dungeon Master (GM): only what she said to borimor   Phoenix: Eh, a body is a body. He just has to take one hit.   Dungeon Master (GM): Yrse, Awel and Jowan might have something to say   Hoc The Trapper Says, "Thanks Borimor!"   Fuci Lumet: Is the maid doing anything or just standing there?   Dungeon Master (GM): Onela is either waiting on tables, bussing tables, wiping things down or sweeping and mopping.   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Pardon, We're lookin for more news about this Elgin fella, ya know anything?"   Yrse is a squat man, his husky build makes him seem shorter than his true five feet seven-inch height. He has a shaved head and a heavy, black mustache. He appears to be in his mid-thirties. Yrse wears heavy, gray tunic and thick linen trousers of the same color. Yrse is the wheelwright   Yrse The Wheelwright Says, "That bastard kilt my maw and paw! If you find him, I’ll give you fifty gold to let me have first crack at him!"   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I'll remember that as we go lookin for him"     Yrse The Wheelwright Says, "Well I don't think he is in Kellee, you can be sure of that. Even the Dark Brotherhood wouldn’t hide that scum. He’s out in the woods someres. Them woods are slap full of nasty things. If I was you, I’d take some of that healing ointment old Oslac sells in his shop down yawn ways. It will fix ya right up if ya get hurt, out in the sticks."   If you remember he did offer 1st aid oinment when in the apothecary but no one bought it   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Thanks, we'll stop by there on our way."   Dungeon Master (GM): Awel now?   Borimor Redbeard: sure   Puto Magee: yes   Awel is a short woman, standing only five feet tall, she appears to be in her late twenties. She keeps her dishwater blond hair in a bun. Her dress is made of lime green velvet. It covers her to her ankles and has elbow length sleeves. Small round spectacles rest on the bridge of Awel’s nose, making her blue eyes seem unnaturally large. Awel is a jeweler.     Awel The Jeweler Says, "Elgin's a monster. If they catch him, I hope they find a way to execute him that takes days. Beheading is too good for the likes of him. He killed Rodra, my silver supplier. Sure, Rodra was a little strange, but he was a dwarf, so you’d expect that. That bastard didn’t have to kill him and his family, up on Candlestick Mountain. He could have just robbed them and left them alive."   Jowan now   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Wow, he's killed a lot of people. We'll make sure to  burn  him for you."   Dungeon Master (GM): Jowan is a broad-shouldered man with a neatly trimmed mustache. He keeps his short dark hair slicked back. He wears a high collared, blue jacket, with an auburn shirt underneath it. His snug fitting, white, wool britches are tucked into the tops of his shiny, black riding boots. A saber hangs in a metal scabbard, from his belt. Jowan is a coachman.   Jowan The Coachman Says, "first had dealings with him and his lot back a few years ago. They blocked the Road, said they’s collecting tax. I knew what was afoot as soons as I seen um, but there was too many of um for me and mine to handle, sos I payed up. The Wolf told me to drops the tax in a box in a tree stump, by the Koshka Bridge, from then on, whenever my coach came north of Egertus. I reckoned it was just the cost of doing business in these parts, sos I added the cost into the price of my fare. When I went to the tax box to pay for this trip. I saws that my payment from last trip was still there. When we pulled into Kellee this morning, I found out why. One less ting I gota worry about whens I come north, from now on."   Puto Magee: yes we will   Dungeon Master (GM):  ok, so now , are we off to the cottage? The apothecary? Or going straight to the mine? or anyplace else in town   Borimor Redbeard: The mine I'm thinking   Puto Magee: mine   Fuci Lumet: I'd like to head to Oslac He's got healing ointments right?   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, you head there and buy some ointment let's see the price on that
Puto Magee: thats fine   Borimor Redbeard: ok oslac then the mine   Phoenix: Works for me   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, Oslac will charge you 4 coppers for a jar of 1st aid paste (1 use)   Fuci Lumet: I guess I I'll buy two, don't have room for more   Dungeon Master (GM): no mention of how much it heals back so it's likely just ment to stabilize or no more than 1-2 hit points back   Fuci Lumet: Gotcha. I'll just get one then.   Dungeon Master (GM): yep, you slap it on then roll a wisdom or some sort of 1st aid proficiency check and that's that if it works it will heal 1 or 2 hp back (I added this) ok so now we are off to the north road and we have an unseelie encounter!   Phoenix: Oh son of a bitch these assholes again   Dungeon Master (GM): arrange them on the road as you wish them to be please this time there is no cart in the area even before we start i need to look at the fear spell   Phoenix: So how big is each square?   Fuci Lumet: ^^   Dungeon Master (GM): each sqare is 10 ft   Phoenix: Think we're all ready   Dungeon Master (GM): ok let's roll inits now   WEAPON INITIATIVE ROLL: Sprite (Unseelie) the Sprite (Unseelie) , gets ready to make an attack move!   Weapon INIT Roll:  3  Only one Init shown to save space. Phoenix: Surprise round first?   Dungeon Master (GM): I need surprise rolls from everyone   SURPRISE ROLL For Fuci Lumet the Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Fuci Lumet):  Fuci Lumet's Surprise Roll Result:  3  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Heward the Henchman Fighter Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Fuci Lumet):  Heward's Surprise Roll Result:  6  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Fuci Lumet):  Hobb's Surprise Roll Result:  2  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Borimor Redbeard the Dwarf Fighter Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Borimor Redbeard):  Borimor Redbeard's Surprise Roll Result:  53 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Norrila the Elf Fighter/Thief Rolls to see if she is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Phoenix):  Norrila's Surprise Roll Result:  62 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled she is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Dix Ashien the Human Ranger Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Dix Ashien's Surprise Roll Result:  6  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!     SURPRISE ROLL For Puto Magee the Elf Ranger Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Puto Magee):  Puto Magee's Surprise Roll Result:  6  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   Dungeon Master (GM): henchmen and dogs as well   Fuci Lumet: I did my two henchies   Phoenix: Dogs don't actually have surprise macros. Whats the surprise formula?   Dungeon Master (GM): ok yep you did 1d6 roll   SURPRISE ROLL For Levin Quinley the Hairfeet Halfling Cleric of Lightning Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Levin Quinley's Surprise Roll Result:  86 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled he is surprised!   Phoenix: Alfa:  3 Beta: [[1d6}} Char:  5   Dungeon Master (GM): redo Beta   Phoenix: Beta 2:  5   Dungeon Master (GM): ha no one was surprised so this mean means that they all appear all at once in everyone's line of sight which means everyone now has to roll a save vs spell or run away in fear for 1 minute!   SAVE VS. SPELL For Borimor Redbeard the Dwarf Fighter Rolls:  1  Needs ≥  17
Fuci Lumet: Not being surprised is bad?   Phoenix: Nah, the fear is a second effect.   SAVE VS. SPELL For Fuci Lumet the Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  17  Needs ≥  17   Phoenix: Seeing tiny foot tall naked men flying at you is a rather horrifying sight   Fuci Lumet: Gotem!   Dungeon Master (GM): yea, you weren't surprised when they showed themselves but the very act of seeing them causes a fear spell effect   SAVE VS. SPELL For Norrila Vita the Elf Fighter/Thief Rolls:  10  Needs ≥  15   SAVE VS. SPELL For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  15  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Hobb the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  5  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Beta the Working Dog   Rolls:  11  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Char the War Dog   Rolls:  15  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Alfa the Hunting Dog   Rolls:  6  Needs ≥  17   Dungeon Master (GM): they can actually shrink in size down to 1 inches!   SAVE VS. SPELL For Puto Magee the Elf Ranger Rolls:  15  Needs ≥  17   Fuci Lumet: Quick question, do they happen to be undead?   SAVE VS. SPELL For Levin Quinley the Hairfeet Halfling Cleric of Lightning   Rolls:  3  Needs ≥  16   Phoenix: I don't think so, they're just evil fey.   Fuci Lumet: Idk man, they look pretty gross ngl. Undead=gross   Dungeon Master (GM): evil fey   Phoenix: So roughly speaking, around 25% of us should've made our saves. A single one of us made the save.   SAVE VS. SPELL For Dix Ashien the Human Ranger Rolls:  2  Needs ≥  17   Dungeon Master (GM): yep so Fuci can run away with the others instead of standing ground ha ha ha! unreal only one saved   Phoenix: Man no matter what we do in this RNGesus hates us.   Dungeon Master (GM): yet when you look at their dice roll stats it's pretty even on the rolls   Borimor Redbeard: so we all run away for a minute then come back   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so those whom were feared will run south away from the area, will Fuci follow?   Fuci Lumet: Certainly   Phoenix: Straight back down the road   Fuci Lumet: I ain't fighting 6 mofos on my own   Dungeon Master (GM): heh   Phoenix: I'm sure you'd do fine! You just need to make a saving throw every time you're hit or be put to sleep for a couple hours.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so you basically all run away for 1 minute then you all, besides Fuci start snapping out of the fear effect, what do you do?   Borimor Redbeard: Turn around and go back   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Now that you're done being panzies, shall we go slaughter those little shits?"   Phoenix: First I'd check if we were followed or not   Dungeon Master (GM): no way of knowing that unless you can see invisible creatures   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Yes, Lets go kill them evil flies"
Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "Do you normally have foot tall naked monsters run at you Fuci?"     Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "No. Usually it's 5 foot tall naked women, and I usually win against them.  Usually. "   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, so we again reach the spot where you last saw the creatures and now we roll surprise rolls again   SURPRISE ROLL For Dix Ashien the Human Ranger Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Dix Ashien's Surprise Roll Result:  3  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   Dungeon Master (GM):   Fuci Lumet: Could Levin cast detect magic or something? Does he have that?   SURPRISE ROLL For Levin Quinley the Hairfeet Halfling Cleric of Lightning Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Levin Quinley's Surprise Roll Result:  61 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Borimor Redbeard the Dwarf Fighter Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Borimor Redbeard):  Borimor Redbeard's Surprise Roll Result:  19 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Fuci Lumet the Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Fuci Lumet):  Fuci Lumet's Surprise Roll Result:  1  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   Fuci Lumet: Oh great  now  I'm surprised ffs   SURPRISE ROLL For Norrila the Elf Fighter/Thief Rolls to see if she is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Phoenix):  Norrila's Surprise Roll Result:  54 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled she is surprised!   Fuci Lumet: But is that a good thing?!   SURPRISE ROLL For Heward the Henchman Fighter Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Fuci Lumet):  Heward's Surprise Roll Result:  1  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (From Fuci Lumet):  Hobb's Surprise Roll Result:  1  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   Phoenix: Alfa:  3 Beta:  1 Char:  2 Just means they have a turn to murder you before you get the fear check I think   Dungeon Master (GM): yep   SURPRISE ROLL For Puto Magee the Elf Ranger Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Puto Magee's Surprise Roll Result:  3  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so Heward, Hobb, Beta, and Fuci were surprised   Phoenix: You know, In hind sight, we probably should've just gone around.   Dungeon Master (GM): this means the unseelie gets a free attack and that those surprised can not attack the first round of combat ok, only those right now that were surprised roll the save vs spell, we'll do them first   SAVE VS. SPELL For Fuci Lumet the Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  10  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  4  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Beta the Working Dog   Rolls:  19  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Hobb the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  17  Needs ≥  17
Dungeon Master (GM): ok so Fuci, Heward run away Beta and Hobb stay ok now for the rest of you roll the save vs spell   Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "What was that about us being panzies Fuci!?"   SAVE VS. SPELL For Puto Magee the Elf Ranger   Rolls:  7  Needs ≥  17   Dungeon Master (GM): he he he   SAVE VS. SPELL For Borimor Redbeard the Dwarf Fighter Rolls:  14  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Norrila Vita the Elf Fighter/Thief   Rolls:  3  Needs ≥  15   SAVE VS. SPELL For Beta the Working Dog   Rolls:  18  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Char the War Dog   Rolls:  15  Needs ≥  17   SAVE VS. SPELL For Alfa the Hunting Dog   Rolls:  9  Needs ≥  17   SURPRISE ROLL For Dix Ashien the Human Ranger Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Dix Ashien's Surprise Roll Result:  1  : If 1 is rolled he is surprised!   SURPRISE ROLL For Levin Quinley the Hairfeet Halfling Cleric of Lightning Rolls to see if he is Surprised! Result whispered to DM.   (To GM):  Levin Quinley's Surprise Roll Result:  27 % : If ≤ 10% is rolled he is surprised!   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so only Beta, Hobb, and Levin are not feared do they stay or run back with the rest?   Phoenix: Run   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   Phoenix: Three people is not enough   Dungeon Master (GM): after a minute of running you come to your senses when the effect wears off. What do you do?   Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "You know. What if we just go around them? Like a good mile around them. Maybe two."   Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "I'd be fine with four."   Dungeon Master (GM): that is doable of course     Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Yeah, let's do that."   Dungeon Master (GM): I will still roll them as a random encounter though,     Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I be fine wit takin a longer walk"   Dungeon Master (GM): Random Encounter Check:  2 you're good continue on up the north road?   Borimor Redbeard: so whats next after the verdamt sprites   Puto Magee: yes   Phoenix: Yeah   Fuci Lumet: Yees   Dungeon Master (GM): ok and you finally reach the Corvis River ford area where you see the mine cart bridge crossing it.   Borimor Redbeard: Borimor will test the bridge by walking on it   Dungeon Master (GM): the bridge appears to be sound   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Come on, we're wasting time"
Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Yes, we'll follow you, dwarf."   Puto Magee: following   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you make your way across the bridge and see that the cart track climbs up the mountain side with various twist and turns some of the steep enough that it's more of a climb than a hike. going up the mountainside?   Borimor Redbeard: Yes   Dungeon Master (GM): oh the fellow that showed you the way here? do you send him off now? ok you reach the top of the tracks and are now on the ledge just outside of the mine entrance   Phoenix: Once we actually get to the mine, if he wants to brave the wilds heading back, sure. I hardly think 5 silver is worth dying over though   Dungeon Master (GM): Hoc says that since he’s a trapper he knows his way around the woods so he should be ok heading back.   Dungeon Master (GM): The ledge is sixty-five feet long by around fifty-five feet wide, at its widest point. The cart tracks run roughly down the middle of the ledge. The ledge is covered with coarse gravel, a byproduct of digging the mine.   Dungeon Master (GM): There are two mine carts sitting on the tracks near the edge of the ledge. They are attached to a cable, that runs up to a complex pulley system at the top of a twenty-foot wooden tower, and then on to a huge winch off to one side. The winch is over twenty feet wide. It is mostly made of   Dungeon Master (GM): an enormous spool of heavy cable, mounted on an iron platform. Next to the spool is a tall handle that can be worked back and forth to slowly wind or unwind the spool. This winch was used to methodically raise and lower the mine cars to and from the ford below.   Borimor Redbeard: Borimor checks the carts to see if they are in good shape   Dungeon Master (GM): yes, they are in good shape, just dusty from the rocks and dirt that was dumped inside of them you note they are attached together by a length of the cable rope.   Fuci Lumet: Ah, so those carts are for delivering things down, not into the mine?   Borimor Redbeard: Is it the cable that is holding them from rolling down the tracks?   Dungeon Master (GM): looks like it from the placement of the pulley system on the track, so they must transfer from the carts in the mine to those two yes Borimor, the cable keeps them from going down you note that the brake lever inside of them is all the way down. borimor give me a wisdom check   WISDOM CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  6  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, you note that someone needs to be here to turn the winch to lower the carts down the mountain. anything more on the ledge here you wish to do?   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Well, shall we procede in?"   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "If we need to use the carts to take anything down the mountain, someone's gonna need to stay to turn the winch" Borimor will get in each cart and release the brake   Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "We should have more than enough people here to carry whatever we need."   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, noted on Borimor's action there. ok, so now you proceed to enter the mine with the magic hooded lantern that Ingeld the high priest of Choosir made for you You find that the walls glitter with silver dust in their lantern light.   Phoenix: Norrila will light her lamp as well   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   Phoenix: While we're traveling down Norrila will have Char help watch the rear.   Dungeon Master (GM): just move the party token where you wish to go inside the mine   Norrila the Fighter/Thief gives an order to Char ALARM:  The dog remains in a given area and alerts its master when strangers enter that area. The dog can monitor any area that is well defined (i.e. a room or chamber). If no such boundaries exist such as in a field or forest the dog alerts its master of intruders within a 50’ radius. Alarm can also be used to cover a party’s rear during movement.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you can go left or right there   Borimor Redbeard: right or left?   Phoenix: Fuci? I think he's the only one truly impartial here. And I don't trust RNG to decide.   Dungeon Master (GM): right or left?   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Something tells me we should go left."   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "I like left, you know."
Dungeon Master (GM): it goes so far and comes to a dead end   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Oh, perhaps left isn't as good as I thought."   Puto Magee: tenedor? oops i mean fork   Dungeon Master (GM): going down the right passage you come to a shaft here with a cable hanging down it's center from a pulley system above and a smaller spooled winch system with winches on either side of the shaft   Borimor Redbeard: Borimor cranks it up   Dungeon Master (GM): ok , the cable is seen to move upwards as the pulley gears and something down below creaks and groans as an elevator car eventually appears which has a mine cart track section along it's floor I should note that there is more mine cart tracks in the passages do you wish to go down the shaft or explore the passage to the other side?   Borimor Redbeard: Once its up "Lets be goin"   Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "All of us together?"   Borimor Redbeard: we can go down later   Fuci Lumet: Was that "creaks and groans" like a creature or a mechanism?   Dungeon Master (GM): mechanical in sound   Puto Magee: ok   Dungeon Master (GM): so you go explore the passage on the other side first?   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Let's see what's down there I suppose."   Puto Magee: yes   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "I think its best we stay together, dont want to get lost or meet somethin we cant handle split up"   Puto Magee: exactly borimor   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, you do note 4 holes along the ground (2 on each side of the passage) they are big enough for a gnome to squeeze through.   Puto Magee: watch for rust monsters   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Those are fairly large holes"   Borimor Redbeard: Borimor looks over the holes, examining them for signs their used for something or natural?   Dungeon Master (GM): right or left first? you can roll on one of your dwarf abilities   Borimor Redbeard: not working macro messed up   Dungeon Master (GM): or a wisdom check if you are determining if man made or creature hmmm   Dungeon Master (GM): i see it's expecting a value input from the sheet just do a wisdom check it's 75% to detect new construction or do that   WISDOM CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  4  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you determine that the holes are made by creatures perhaps and not engineered by man.   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Somethin big as them dogs may have made these holes"   Dungeon Master (GM): do you proceed down a passage?   Borimor Redbeard: left or right again?   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "We better watch out then. I think we should go left again. "   Dungeon Master (GM): it comes to a dead end   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "I still do like left, preferably in left-handed women. One might call it a kink, but I think it's natural."   Dungeon Master (GM): a natural kink!   Puto Magee: thats what she said   Norrila Vita The Elf Fighter/Thief Says, "One of these days I'm going to stab you and not be forced to do it you know."   Fuci Lumet: 0.0   Dungeon Master (GM): when you get to about half way your rear dog starts barking
Phoenix: Looks like it's TPK time boys   Borimor Redbeard: Its what ever made the holes   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Says, "Come on, let's see what he's barking at!"   Dungeon Master (GM): off in the distance you see several sets of glowing red eyes reflecting back your torchlight. Suddenly a cacophony of squeals split the air as a pack of boar sized rats’ charges into the light with ravenous hunger in their eyes.   Borimor Redbeard: Come on RNG   Phoenix: Oh boy, two're already dead! We might win t- never mind.   Borimor Redbeard: How late can we go?   Dungeon Master (GM): ok make your init rolls !   WEAPON INITIATIVE ROLL: Fuci Lumet the Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric, gets ready to make an attack move! Weapon INIT Roll:  6   Dungeon Master (GM): ok maybe stop here   Puto Magee: ok   Dungeon Master (GM): unless you wish to do a round up to you all   Fuci Lumet: I'm up for a round, but I'm ok either way   Dungeon Master (GM): anyone else?   Phoenix: Stop here I think, no sense in starting combat and basically restarting it next session.   Borimor Redbeard: We can go around   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so looks like one full stop the rest would go 1 round so i guess we do a round then so make all of the inits then   WEAPON INITIATIVE ROLL: Gob Rat the Gob Rat , gets ready to make an attack move! Weapon INIT Roll:  5 Only one Init Roll shown to save space. Start of Round 1 Start of Turn 1 for Char (9)   Char, Attacks with the Bite at Gob Rat #03 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  5  For  8  S/M/L HP Piercing Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): a hit! and it kills the rodent!   It seems that Gob Rat #03 is defeated! Start of Turn 1 for Gob Rat #04 (9)   Fuci Lumet: N i c e   Borimor Redbeard: 1 down   Dungeon Master (GM): ok he attacks either, Alfa, Norilla, Hobb or Char:  7 Char   Gob Rat #04, Attacks with the BITE at Char enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  11  For  7  S/M/L HP Piercing Damage! Plus chance for disease starting at 30% for first 10 HP damage and additional 30% more for each 10 damage thereafter! a miss I will wait until 2nd and 3rd attacks to to the claws   Start of Turn 1 for Gob Rat #02 (9)   Dungeon Master (GM): ok on either Heward or Alfa:  4 Alfa   Gob Rat #02, Attacks with the BITE at Alfa enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  4  For  8  S/M/L HP Piercing Damage! Plus chance for disease starting at 30% for first 10 HP damage and additional 30% more for each 10 damage thereafter! a hit for 8! Start of Turn 1 for Levin Quinley (8)   Phoenix: Darts?   Dungeon Master (GM): he can throw darts Yea   Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning, Attacks with the DART (6") at Gob Rat #04 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  5  For  3  S/M or  1  L HP Damage! When Thrown Range: 15ft / 30ft (-2 TH) / 45ft (-5 TH) 3 Darts per round fire rate
Dungeon Master (GM): a hit for 1   Start of Turn 1 for Fuci Lumet (6)   Fuci Lumet: Could I hit one from where I am?   Dungeon Master (GM): gob rat #2 definitely   Fuci Lumet: Alright, I'll strike at him   Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric, attacks with the BROAD SWORD (Specialized; 3.5ft) at Gob Rat #02 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  6  For  9  S/M or  5  L HP Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): you can get between your allies there a hit that kills the rodent!   It seems that Gob Rat #04 is defeated! Start of Turn 1 for Gob Rat #01 (5)   Phoenix: Ayy, we've tied up to our last TPK with a fraction of the casualties.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok either Heward, Fuci or Alfa:  5 Alfa   Gob Rat #01, Attacks with the BITE at Alfa enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  2  For  8  S/M/L HP Piercing Damage! Plus chance for disease starting at 30% for first 10 HP damage and additional 30% more for each 10 damage thereafter!   Phoenix: ...   Fuci Lumet: Noooo! Alfa!   Phoenix: Fuck you too RNGesus   Fuci Lumet: Norrila's gonna go John Wick on that Gob Rat's ass   Dungeon Master (GM): he is at 0 hit points and chance of disease:  92 ok no disease Start of Turn 1 for Norrila (4)   Puto Magee: ha ha   Norrila the Fighter/Thief, attacks with the LONG SWORD (Double Specialized; 3.5ft) at Gob Rat #01 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  13  For  4  S/M or  12  L HP Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): heh a miss Start of Turn 1 for Dix Ashien (3)   Phoenix: Yeah. To be expected honestly.   Borimor Redbeard: bow shot?   Dix Ashien the Ranger, Fires FLIGHT ARROW (18") with SHORT BOW (3ft) at Gob Rat #03 enemy! Point Blank Range is: 6ft to 30ft Strike Hits: AC  2  For  6  S/M/L HP Damage! Gets 2 arrow attacks per turn. Make sure to note # of arrows fired!   It seems that Gob Rat #03 is defeated! Start of Turn 1 for Beta (3)   Beta, Attacks with the Bite at Gob Rat #01 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  13  For  6  S/M/L HP Piercing Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): missed!   Start of Turn 1 for Gob Rat #05 (3)   Dungeon Master (GM): either Heward or Fuci:  1 Heward   Gob Rat #05, Attacks with the BITE at Heward enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  -3  For  5  S/M/L HP Piercing Damage! Plus chance for disease starting at 30% for first 10 HP damage and additional 30% more for each 10 damage thereafter! a hit for 5 Start of Turn 1 for Alfa (2) Start of Turn 1 for Puto Magee (1)   Puto Magee the Ranger, Fires FLIGHT ARROW (18") with LONG BOW (6ft) at Gob Rat #01 enemy! Medium Range is 71ft to 140ft (-2 To Hit) Strike Hits: AC  7 For  4  S/M/L HP Damage! Gets 2 attacks per round. Make sure to note # of arrows fired!   Dungeon Master (GM): a hit for 4!   It seems that Gob Rat #01 is defeated!
Start of Turn 1 for Gob Rat #03 (0) Start of Turn 1 for Hobb (-1)   Fuci Lumet: That blood burst is satisfying Hobb's gonna charge over and slaughter that Gob Rat   Phoenix: Inb4 Nat 1   Hobb the Henchman Fighter, Attacks with the SHORT SWORD (2ft) at Gob Rat #05 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  10  For  4  S/M or  6  L HP Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): a miss! Start of Turn 1 for Heward (-1)   Phoenix: Nat 1, Nat 10, close enough.   Heward the Henchman Fighter, Attacks with the SHORT SWORD (2ft) at Gob Rat #05 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  3  For  3  S/M or  8  L HP Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): a hit for 3 damage!   Start of Turn 1 for Borimor Redbeard (-2)   Borimor Redbeard the Fighter, strikes with the BATTLE AXE (4ft: Two-Handed) at Gob Rat #05 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  20  for  1  S/M/L HP Damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): heh roll on the fumble   Phoenix: And so the TPK begins...   Dungeon Master (GM): with one rat?! ha!   CRITICAL FUMBLE ROLL OF 1 For Borimor Redbeard the Dwarf Fighter results in: Fumble Roll 34 Result Trip Effect You accidentally trip & fall, stunned for  6  rounds, unless you roll your Dexterity or less. Save DC DEX   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  20  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): 6 rounds sounds like a spranded ankle heh ok he's down for 6 rounds   Borimor Redbeard: I'm rat food Start of Turn 1 for 2nd Attacks (-5)   Phoenix: They have quite a bit of meat to go through before you, you'll probably be alright unless a big pack comes along.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok anyone with second attacks here, still going in turn order Levin is to crowded out now   Phoenix: Levin gets a second dart, Dix gets a second arrow, Puto gets a second arrow.   Dungeon Master (GM): so fuci?   Fuci Lumet: I only get second attacks on the second round That's how 3/2 works right? Or can I pick for it to be this round?   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you can do two here then one during the 2nd round is how it's usually played   Fuci Lumet: Ah ok cool I I'll do that then   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   Fuci Lumet: Want me to go first or?   Dungeon Master (GM): roll your attack   Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric, attacks with the BROAD SWORD (Specialized; 3.5ft) at Gob Rat #05 enemy! Strike Hits an AC of  -3  For  8  S/M or  9  L HP Damage!   Phoenix: Yeah it's just going down initiative again.   Dungeon Master (GM): a hit that finished off all the rats now!   It seems that Gob Rat #05 is defeated!   Fuci Lumet: That blood splatter is very satisfying   Dungeon Master (GM): hmm, delayed blood splatter   Borimor Redbeard: combats over and we can call it here   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you have 1 dog at 0 hp here what do you do?   Fuci Lumet: So this TPK'd you guys last time? That seemed pretty easy lol   Phoenix: Patch him up best as is possible, and try to treat him with the salve.   Fuci Lumet: I could use the healing salve   Phoenix: If that doesn't work try a good berry.
Fuci Lumet: Do you want me to roll to apply it?   Phoenix: Nah Norrila can   Dungeon Master (GM): you could do that yes   WISDOM CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  13  Needs ≤  13   Dungeon Master (GM): if you don't have a first aid skill a wisdom check will do   Fuci Lumet The Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric Here Norrila, help your doggy. Oops that was emote   Dungeon Master (GM): ok the dog is stabilized for  2  hp   Puto Magee: have a great night yall   Phoenix: Thanks, you too!   Borimor Redbeard: g night   Fuci Lumet: You too!   Dungeon Master (GM): ok thanks for playing tonight guys!   Borimor Redbeard: Borimor has a bit of a limp   Dungeon Master (GM): see you all next week as we go deeper into the mine!   Fuci Lumet: Thanks for hosting us!   Borimor Redbeard: G night CYA Next week   Dungeon Master (GM): You're welcome!