Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Create Classic 80's Adventure Maps with Blue Maps, now available in the Marketplace!

Jason B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Take your player's back to the  classic 80's dungeon modules  with  Blue Maps , a series of easy to use Tile Sets that allow you to snap together the dungeon (or cavern) of your dreams! Each tile set contains 70 tiles including walls, floors, doors, stairs, and a mountain of decor, from spider webs to treasure chests and more! You can find both sets in the  Minotaur Games Store!   
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This makes me want to play with unpainted lead miniatures, and use dice for whatever minis I lack... Nice! :)
Jason B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
HA! Somebody needs to do lead mini tokens and minis clearly painted with half-rubbed off glossy model pains to really complete the feel.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Put 'em in a bag and shake them while you're at it. Where's my crayon? I need to mark my dice...
Jason B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Wait... are dice packs not a thing on here yet. Seems like an opportunity.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
They have been long requested. I personally find 3d Dice more of an annoyance than anything, but I know some folks would jump at them. Don't hold your breath though. They have been on the suggestion list for a kajillion years.* *exactly one kajillion. I counted.
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Jason B. said: Wait... are dice packs not a thing on here yet. Seems like an opportunity. You can make rollable tables for anything. Someone enterprising could set up such rollable tables to have dice faces to make non-3d dice that can be rolled, and set up on a map like this as tokens. Maybe I will. It would fit in with all of my many similar sorts of packs.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Fortunately, the standard 3d dice look like the old school cheapo dice.  Although, I do wish they'd sell dice skins. Not that I use them, but my sons love 'em and when the dice go cold the change colors...it would really help the continuance of gamer superstition. ;)
Funny..I just found my old Queen of Spiders super module in great shape...I think it would be fun to convery to a Pathfinder ruleset...I just have never made maps...I'm wondering how tough it would be? 
Dice? You Johnny-come-latelies! We used chits because there were no dice in the box yet.

Edited 1592547071
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Patrick C. said: Funny..I just found my old Queen of Spiders super module in great shape...I think it would be fun to convery to a Pathfinder ruleset...I just have never made maps...I'm wondering how tough it would be?  You won't know if you don't try. It's more time consuming than "hard", especially if you use a mapping program like Other World Mapper or Wonderdraft or Dungeon Forge, or use mapping asset packs to build a map. I think a lot of marketplace creators and people who make modules use these sorts of mapping shortcut programs when they aren't confident in their drawing skills. I use OWM and it does save me time. Wonderdraft is probably similar. I haven't tried it or Dungeondraft yet. So there's a few options. You can, if you are a digital artist already, use any Adobe program, or drawing program you favor, to make a map. Illustrator is limited for fantasy style maps, most people use Photoshop if they go that route. I don't know if you can add a Pathfinder module to Roll20 for sale though, and if you're just making maps for your party, they should be grateful for anything you give them! :D In the game I'm currently playing we mostly just use our imagination.
Jason B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just the other day I used the two sets here to recreate the Caves of Chaos and while it took a bit of time to create a map this big, it was not overly complicated to create. That said, I am sure there are some map features which are simply not possible with my tiles... yet. I am working on a Town base set right now...
Jason B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just wanted to give a huge shout out of thanks to all the folk who have picked up these first two sets! I am hard at work at the next set, the Town Tile Pack and I am hoping to release it very soon! Here is a quick sneak peek and what you can expect from the next Blue Maps release!
Jason B.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
For fans of these maps, the Town Tile set is now going through approvals! I am so excited to bring this one to all of you. There are some great pieces in here!