Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Out of the Abyss How are you managing Whorlstone Tunnels Map and Tokens

Edited 1592259284
Well I can't deny the OotA module has made life a lot quicker for setup of this campaign. I got all the way to Gracklstugh before I purchased it and found it hard going to setup. Having everything mostly in place is such a bonus. I'm a little disappointed with the large whorlstone map section, seems to be to a large scale thus tiny tiny tokens that can't be used really without zooming to 250% and then the map looks rough and the tokens are still too small to select reliably.  The individual rooms are all good glad to report. What are other folks doing with these parts? Just using map with fog of war and a single party token as they progress to describe and creating other maps for tunnel sections? Appreciate some are just non combat parts others are more combat orientated but I cant see using the preloaded map being much use. I may just have to resort to recreating these tunnel sections in a new map.  Loving the roll20 the module but this bit seems a bit clunky.
Having built my own maps for it since I was running it before module availability I’d keep the big map theater of the mind. Only bring them to the (smaller) maps when there’s an encounter. You could even put them on a blank page if they want to try and map it while you play...
Thanks for responding, I had built my own maps in arkenforge too but did find a few places I hadnt. I've since built any that may be combat based as a new map and anything theatre of the mind Ive left on the main map as you suggest. Thanks for taking time to respond.
mine too is there any update for settings for it?
Ive just been moving the party as a whole, so they can see the layout and decide what to do. Its been theatre of the mind for most.  I think you have to zoom 250%, we then switch to rooms tht are properly scaled when they enter those parts.