Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Hero System

Any plans to support Hero System? Most of the rolling can be done with macros with the exception of maybe counting body and stun on damage. To hit rolls are based on character stats for both melee, ranged and mental. Tracking endurance might be more trouble than it's worth and turn order is based on speed and dex.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 is system-agnostic. The vast, vast majority of games can be played just fine with Base accounts; the features of Supporter and Mentor accounts are nice, but not required to play. (There are a small number of systems with complicated dice mechanics that would require the API to function 100% correct, but it's uncommon. Some people have created ports of boardgames or cardgames which require the API, but the main target is RPGs.) The list of games you can put in your profile and on the campaign LFG is based on what systems are actually being played frequently; the Roll20 team doesn't want people searching for a system to find 0 games, so the intent is that only games which have LFG results 24/7 get listed, with everything else filed under "Other Games." The list of character sheets is entirely dependent on users like you and me creating the character sheet. I haven't played a game using the HERO system, but I doubt it's got any problems in its system that are insurmountable for playing it on Roll20.

Edited 1401430959
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dean , as Brian stated, the list of games is not representative of what you can play using Roll20. Just about any game can be played on Roll20. If you have a mechanic which Roll20 does not support using the basic tools then post a request for help and people can often find a workaround or create an API (a Mentor level feature) script for it.
Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look and mess around with the system and see what I can discover.
I am another heavy-player of HERO and am trying to sort out how to set up running a campaign on here with the right tools. Interested in finding a game on here. Also, I agree with what has been said on here : <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/815376/champions" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/815376/champions</a>... which was closed and this seemed the most appropriate place to post this. Could it be added to the drop-down - I don't know whether there is a lot else that is linked to this option. Perhaps a Mod could help me on that point.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
David D. said: Could it be added to the drop-down - I don't know whether there is a lot else that is linked to this option. Perhaps a Mod could help me on that point. As mentioned above, your options for the LFG are based on games which have a sufficiently large following on Roll20; new games will be added if they garner a large enough following. The character sheet dropdown requires a member of the community create the character sheet for the system.
Thanks for the reply, Brian.