Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd: can't drop tokens from journal to table top.

So I'm very new to roll20 so maybe there is something I'm missing. But what I expected was to be able to drag the token from any npc or monster in the journal onto the play surface. In actuality it only lets me do that with some of them and not others. what's going on here? thanks for any future help.
There are two ways to click and drag journal entries.  Grabbing the actual words of the name will allow you to drag it onto the table and display the token.  Grabbing the three lines on the left side will allow you to reorder the entries in the journal.  You cannot reorder by grabbing the actual words and you cannot drag onto the tabletop by grabbing the three lines.  Perhaps this was the problem.
YES! that seems to be fixing my issue. See I was opening an entry and then trying to drag the portrait onto the map. Which oddly works for some of them.

Edited 1592461669
Oh yeah, the portrait is different from the token and doesn't contain any of the stuff the token does (vision, lighting, bars)