Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

looking for a kid friendly game

I have a 11 year old daughter who is interested in playing dnd. She has only played with me gming but is willing to learn. Please let me know if anyone has a game running or would like to set one up thanks
I would consider running a Kids Game under the following conditions: It would have to be played during the day, a two hour session from say 10:00 until noon or there about. There would have to be at least three young players and absolutely at least one parent playing. And assuming these are new players I would not use a complicated system like 5E or Pathfinder, something very easy to understand to make the game easy for kids to play without a bunch of rules getting in the way of the fun. My games are always Free but the quality of my games will rival any Paid Game. -Ajax 
Following, for my 12yo daughter! Paul Arvo
I have a 9yo daughter who is keen to play but has only ever had a couple of sporadic and sadly interrupted sessions, so little to no experience. I'd be willing to play, and same goes for me! :)
Okay, I know you already have one offer on the table, but I figured I would give you another. Much like the other offer, I can pitch a game system that is geared for kids if you want. I've played No thank you evil! before and think it could be fun to run and it is geared for kids, so if that sounds nice that offer is on the table as well. That being said, OP mentioned D&D, so I am assuming that that was what the request was for. To that end, I am more than happy to run D&D for a group. I've done so on several occasions, and while I'm by no means the best DM I know, I am capable. I will admit that I have not run with children often, and never exclusively, so I would likely need guidance on what is too much to ask of them and what is severely underestimating them and would likely prefer it at least one parent (or someone who deals with kids and the concerns related to them) was at the table to effectively point out when I'm making a mistake in relation to the differences when running for a younger audience. I would be happy to talk to both parent and child to figure out if I would be a good fit, what is and is not okay when running with their child, and how we would want to do things if I am. I've run very simple games where motives didn't go beyond "This is the adventure in front of us" to ones that were very much driven by goals of the characters after session 0. I hope that you all find a GM that works for you and I fully understand if I don't. My inexperience with children, in general as well as at the gaming table, could be a major issue running a something I am used to running for an older crowd. Some games are geared towards a younger audience and that helps, but there is no reason D&D or many other systems, run by the right people, couldn't work just fine for your kids. Ajax or someone else may well be your best bet if they feel more up to it. I am throwing my hat in the ring because I think it could be cool and having another option doesn't hurt, but I totally understand the need to find the right people for your group.
If any of you would like me to set up a game, remember must be during the day (CDT) and must be a week day. Contact me with a Private Message for more details. -Ajax

Edited 1592535578
Walter s., Jon M, and Arvo, I would be interested in talking more with you about possibly running a game for your daughters. I have a 14 year old daughter myself who would like to play (she has a fair amount of experience with RPGs). That would be four girls, I'd say we could have each of you create a character and rotate them in so each of you get a chance to play with your daughters. Another option would be for you all to share a single character and rotate who plays them. In terms of system, I would use Ancient Crypts & Creatures (AC&C) which is a streamlined D20 system with a strong D&D feel (free on drivethrurpg). It is based on the Index Card RPG which is a streamlined multi-genre D20 game (quickstart is free on drivethrurpg). So there would be no investment required. Also, AC&C can be used with most D20 based adventures. I was thinking of using the the Hidden Halls of Hazzakor adventure which is geared toward new players. In terms of logistics, we are in EST and due to work we'd have to start around 7PM and I'd say we'd play for 2 hours to start (we can revisit if needed). I was thinking starting off every other week and our bad days are Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. We could try out a couple of sessions to see if the girls hit it off. Let me know what you think. Regards, Rudedd
We're in the UK so a morning game works best for us if the rest of you are EST/CDT, would be late afternoon / evening here
Also interested, I have a 9 year old daughter that wants to play.
Would a Tuesday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM CDT Game work for any of you who are interested, if so send me a Private Message for more details, also remember there must be at least one parent in the group willing to play so when responding mention that you could also possibly be a player. Thank you. 
Thanks Ajax, that time works really well for us so were in for your session. Thanks Robot and Rudedd for your kind offers to run games too, I think Ajax works the best for us right now, but much appreciated. Loving that there's people on here willing to share their passion for gaming with the next generation.
Gold
Forum Champion
I own &amp; installed this Roll20 product: STARTPORT an RPG made for Kids! <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/5521/starport-core-rulebook-plus-3-adventures" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/5521/starport-core-rulebook-plus-3-adventures</a> Haven't ran it yet. Would like to play this game with a PARENT and your Child(ren).&nbsp; Take a look at the Module "Starport" and let me know if anyone wants to set something up with me.
There is still room for another player...

Edited 1592776229
For those interested and looking for another play opportunity for younger players, I have been running a bimonthly 5e D&amp;D Dragon of Icespire Peak campaign for my daughter (F/13), son (M/12), and nephew (M/13). We could take on another player (or two) of the same general age.&nbsp; We generally play pretty short, episodic game sessions on Saturday (or sometimes Friday) evenings (8pm to ~930pm CDT). Roll20 for VTT and Discord for chat. No video. Send me a private message if you want more info. Thanks!

Edited 1592767732
Ajax
Pro
A Game has now been scheduled for this Tuesday at 11:00 PM CDT. If there are any others who would like to participate Post Here as this will be the last call. Thank you. Here is the Game Listing:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/237205/introduction-to-frpgs" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/237205/introduction-to-frpgs</a>
Hello! I posted a discussion on the game page! Looking forward to playing with everyone!!
Hello, me and my two boys, 14 and 10, are looking for a game. I DM 5e sessions for them but would love to play with them for a change. We all are quite familiar with 5th edition DnD. Thought I'd try this thread first before starting another. Thanks.
Gold
Forum Champion
Alan S. said: Hello, me and my two boys, 14 and 10, are looking for a game. I DM 5e sessions for them but would love to play with them for a change. We all are quite familiar with 5th edition DnD. Thought I'd try this thread first before starting another. Thanks. I have had no takers on "Starport" Roll20 RPG for Kids &amp; a Parent. As of yet. Described it earlier above in the thread, Direct Message to get my attention if any Dad or Mom on here wants to discuss proceeding with Starport.

Edited 1594342071
Hi, I'm interested in participating in a game for kids.&nbsp;

Edited 1598475929
Hello I am a Elementary school Teacher/Site Director, I teacher Kindergarteners to play DnD to teach them problem solving skills and even some Common core in a positive and entertaining setting. I am not on site at the moment as often, (because of the Virus). I Have played DND with up to 10 kinder and tk students in 1 game. :) Email: HuntingPartydnd @gmail.com &nbsp; if you are looking for a kid friendly [even educational/challenging and fun] Dnd Game I encourage Parent and student games but have ran student and student games and either of them are great! :) Any questions please feel free to ask. :)
Are there any open games for kids left?
My son and I have been trying to find a D&amp;D game to be apart of... it's hard to find one local (Idaho;USA), and I have played years ago and been trying to find one to join. My son (15 years-old) wants to play too, but he doesn't get to play as often (plays at dad's house when he visits, but not a lot). We will have to start new and fresh characters since we don't have characters to play with (I know that I can create ones for us, but just need help like Levels, etc). We were in a group for a Pathfinders game, but one of the players had an issue with my son (personal reason) so my son is banned from playing, and because of that, I have a feeling that I'm banned too because every time I ask if they are going to play (my friend is in the group and she asks too) we get the excuse of not tonight (game night is always Saturday night). I have an awesome character for it and I can't even play it :( So we're looking for a D&amp;D game that is friendly and we can join together. Time and days depends with my schedule and his because school is starting up soon.
I'm also looking for a game for my son (9yr old). He'd be a brand new, no experience player.&nbsp; If there's room for me, I'd love to join too.&nbsp; I've not played in a couple years, but I've played a few different games and systems.&nbsp; Otherwise, I could just mentor/help somehow. Ideally, I'm thinking a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but somewhat flexible.&nbsp;
We did the play and learn on Zero sessions .. It was very helpful.. They have pay to play sessions from short games to campaigns&nbsp; &nbsp;I have found this to be the easiest for kids at the moment .. The learn to play was only $5 for 4 hours!
Hi all - we've had a fantastic game running with Ajax - an experienced, kind and incredibly fun and supportive GM - for some months now. He's worked the group of 10-12yrs old, up from basically no experience, to using pretty much full 5e rules. He has already and would still be able to bring anyone new to the game in gently.&nbsp; We've sadly lost a few members back to school recently and would be keen to get additional adult+child, or child with adult support, to join us. We're playing weekly on Tuesdays, 17:00-19:00 BST / 11:00-13:00 CDT&nbsp;
Anybody interested in joining us tomorrow, please DM me and we can liaise with Ajax to get everything set up&nbsp; :)&nbsp;
Hi Jon, I am trying to private message you to see if my daughter could join but keep getting error messages
Got it now :) thanks for persevering!
Hey hey! I would love to host! I have a review page, as well 20 years experience. If you, or anyone else with kids, is still in the market, DM me, and I wold love to discuss things!

Edited 1605986744
Hullo Everyone!&nbsp; I have an 11 year old that is very interested in getting into their first D&amp;D game. He has basic knowledge from starter packs we've bought and his favorite YouTubers. I have prior knowledge as a gamer but not as a DM.&nbsp; We're from the US (Michigan - EST) but we're flexible and more than happy to work with the DM's schedule.&nbsp; My kiddo needs other cool kids to nerd out with. &lt;3 I don't want to stick my nose into any of the previous offers or discussions - so if anything is still available, please let me know.&nbsp; Thanks so much!&nbsp;