Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Double Open Ended Rolls

Edited 1592692472
Pantsworth
Sheet Author
In RoleMaster, dice can also explode downward.  I'd like the dice macros to have this ability inherent.  I know you can do it with the API, but then you can't use it in the character sheets, and that is where I need it most. where the !d portion indicates the dice explodes down Something like d100!>96!d<5 where the !d portion indicates the dice explodes down.  Another potential solution is if you allowed a new dice roll to be defined on a reroll.  Right now a reroll just rolls the same di[c]e again if a roll meets a certain criteria.  But if you could redefine a new roll for the reroll we could get this to work. Something like: /roll d100!>96r1(1-d100!>96)r2( 2-d100!>96) r3(3-d100!>96) .....  Its clunky to be sure, but it'll get the job done. Ideally we could do some limited recursion or variable use in our dice rolls - but I realize how risky that can be.  To be clear the rule on open ended rolls is: An open-ended roll means that there is no absolute minimum or maximum.  First make a 1-100 roll; a roll of 96-00 indicates that the dice are rolled again and the result added to the first roll. If the second roll is 96-00, then a third roll is made and added, and so on until a non 96-00 roll is made. The total sum of these rolls is the result of the open-ended roll. If the first roll is a 01-05 the dice are rolled again and the result subtracted from the first roll. If the second roll is 96-00, then a third roll is made and subtracted, and so on until a non 96-00 roll is made. The total of these rolls is the result of the low open-ended roll. A roll of 01-05 on anything other than the first roll does not cause one to roll again.
Sounds like a good idea. Dice shouldn't only be able to go one way.
Wonderful idea.&nbsp; &nbsp;I would also like the ability to specify what die needs to be rolled WHEN you explode. My request, which has some overlap,&nbsp; is here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7822411/allow-exploding-and-penetrating-dice-to-roll-a-different-sized-die-on-subesquent-rolls" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7822411/allow-exploding-and-penetrating-dice-to-roll-a-different-sized-die-on-subesquent-rolls</a> But the ability to ALSO allow dice to explode "downwards",&nbsp; in addition to specifying what die gets rolled WHEN it explodes,&nbsp; would also be helpful....
Ronald H. said: Wonderful idea.&nbsp; &nbsp;I would also like the ability to specify what die needs to be rolled WHEN you explode. My request, which has some overlap,&nbsp; is here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7822411/allow-exploding-and-penetrating-dice-to-roll-a-different-sized-die-on-subesquent-rolls" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7822411/allow-exploding-and-penetrating-dice-to-roll-a-different-sized-die-on-subesquent-rolls</a> But the ability to ALSO allow dice to explode "downwards",&nbsp; in addition to specifying what die gets rolled WHEN it explodes,&nbsp; would also be helpful.... Yeah - I was looking at that request - upvoted it too.&nbsp; But yes I completely agree, the ability to change the roll type on a reroll would be great.&nbsp; That goes for exploding rerolls or regular rerolls.
Good idea!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .