Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Let me choose whether players can see the initiative of tokens on other pages

Score + 13
At the moment the GM can see the initiative of all tokens on the tracker, while players can only see the initiative of tokens on their present page. I would like the option to toggle whether or not they can see all the tokens, or just the ones on their present page.
This is an interesting one to suss out because entries on the tracker are associated with tokens and tokens are associated with pages but I have NEVER had this be beneficial. It is always a problem. Sometimes, a big problem.
This would be super useful. Players get so confused when they can't see other players turns and trip over each other to trying to go and get frustrated. I'd prefer to just show players each other turns, but at least having a turn placeholder of some sort so they know they aren't up yet would work.
From my perspective, what has always been most useful for me when GMing at a table is to have the players able to see their turn order, but definitely to know who's turn it is and which player will be going next, although without announcing if an NPC is going in between them. It means that the players can start planning on what they're going to do when it gets to their moment, rather than always opening with "ummmmmm". Also I can preserve the suspense of when the NPCs will be going.