Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to get the value of the modifier of a given attribute with Macros?

I apologize if this question has been posted previously, I did not find any topic exactly like this. What I'm trying to do is like: /roll 1d20+% DexModifier The "Dex Modifier" comes from the player's sheet.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use on of the following @{DexModifier} @{CHARACTERNAME|DexModifier} @{selected|DexModifier} @{target|DexModifier} Each has different situations you can use it. The first can only be used if its in an ability on a character sheet. For the second, replace CHARACTERNAME with the actual character name. You can use this anywhere selected and target both work with tokens. The token must have its Represents  box set to a character. For selected, select a token, run a macro or ability, and it will draw the dexmod of the character linked to that token. For target, run the macro first, and it will prompt you to select a token. It will then use that token's character's abilities. selected is great for pcs using their own abiilities, and for GMs wanting to create macros that can be used by anyone. Target is great for pcs when they want to attack a character they cant control. Usually they cant select noc tokens, but target lets them select anotehr character for the purpose of that attack (or other action).
Thanks a lot! It worked :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great :)