Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFP)(18+) Looking for 4-6 Players for D&D Stream

Edited 1592956730
Hi, everyone. As  the title says, I am looking for 4-6 players to start a D&D stream. Hoping to find a diverse group of players, preferably with an online presence. The games would be during the weeknights. Exact day will depend on the group’s availability, but will all likely start at 8 or 9 PM (Pacific/PDT) and go on for approximately 3 hours. It is very important that anyone interested be willing to commit to the decided upon schedule. Games would be online using theater of the mind, and players will need a decent mic and a camera. All players must be age 18+. There’s plenty more to cover but I don’t want this to run on forever and would rather go over it directly with anyone interested. Now, I do want to go over how I DM a bit, so you know what to expect before expressing your interest. If after reading the below information you are still interested, please drop me a line, be it directly or through the comments. I am hoping to get the game going as soon as it is possible, so I will respond quickly if I feel you are a good fit. DM Info: XP : I reward XP for completing various encounters and objectives. This may include defeating an enemy in combat (which means they are killed or they retreat), overcoming an obstacle through role-playing, and anything that furthers the plot. Unannounced Dice Rolls : Don’t make rolls that aren’t asked for. They won’t be counted, and you’ll have to reroll when asked. Dice Rolls Against Each Other : Interacting with player characters is not the same as NPCs. Unless a spell is used that allows you to dictate a player’s actions, one player cannot roll to persuade or intimidate etc another player. PVP : Instances may arise where some PVP is understandable, but I prefer players not constantly be ready to kill one another. Player Comfort: I run a mature game and that is reflected in the world but I prefer certain things be implied rather than stated outright. Player Agency : You have full control of your character actions. I will not dictate what you do. I may advise something is impossible or may advise against actions and caution some unforeseen consequences, but I will not interfere will your agency. I have more than enough to control; your characters are yours. Game Balance and Fairness : I balance based on the party and create the campaign as the game moves along but I do strive to mix it up so there may be instances where you encounter something beyond your current capabilities and requires you to return to, though you’ll usually get some hint of the difficulty prior to the encounter. Rules Debates : I am very open and willing to discuss rules but at the table when the game is going I prefer to keep things moving along so if something is unclear then I will make a quick judgement call and work on a better answer later. I do expect the ruling to be respected and players not hold the game arguing a ruling, but I don’t image that being a problem since when I make judgement calls I always work to make sure the ruling is fair or if someone is going to get some advantage from it then it will be the players. Spotlight Sharing : Don’t step on other player’s toes. There will be plenty of chances for your character to shine, trust me, but if someone else is having a powerful moment then please let them have their moment. Metaknowledge : I am rather lax here, but not completely. Character knowledge is kept in mind and I won’t let characters act on knowledge they would not know (ie a party member is attacked in a different area, you could not just know there is combat and run to their aid, but depending on the circumstances you could use that meta knowledge to do a perception check to see if something would clue you in to the action). Min/Maxing : If this is your preferred way to play then have at it, but please give them a personality. Also keep in mind that I’m going to balance encounters based on the party. Character Party Fit : Make what you want. It is up to the group to work together and see if they want to coordinate. Murder Hobos : Again, I won’t interfere with what players want to do, but remember that I am a player too and running the game I build for you is how I get my enjoyment. If you want the game to go on for an extended time like I do, then doing more than just burning it down would benefit everyone. DM Style: I am kind of a mixed bag. I do my prep as necessary, but also improv a lot. I pretty much only run homebrews but may take elements from published materials. I like to add sensory elements to the game like music, sound effects, and voice mods when possible. My worlds are large, but players still have a large role in it and can affect the world directly. Player Absences: Things come up and I get that. All I ask is for some notification. I don’t require a big group to run so even if only a few players are available then we can still run a side quest or something. Player Narrative Authority: I welcome input and suggestions and will find fun and interesting ways to bring your character backgrounds into the world, but as DM I do retain final say on the narrative outside of your character’s actions. Pet Peeves: As I said, I am pretty laid back. All I ask is that everyone be considerate of each other. Ethics: This goes back to comfort and like I said there, I prefer using suggestion over narrating grotesque scenes. Not to say that there won’t be scenes with graphic things happening, but I don’t care to have things being too morbid and I often times imply the worst of it rather than state it outright. Creation Questions: Character creation will be done on DnD Beyond. I will share my content with the group (DMG and XGE), but any content outside of that will require you to own it. Characters can have as basic or as detailed (reasonably) a background as you would like. I do ask that you not include some huge adventure they have already been through. Their adventures start here, everything prior was simply leading them to it. Also, don’t be afraid to create connections to other player characters. Creation Stats: For this campaign, all characters will use Standard Point Array. Alignment: I see alignments as a combination of your characters preferred view of themselves and their actual actions. I do not bind players action choices to their alignments, but if your actions differ dramatically from your chosen alignment then I reserve the right to change your characters alignment and you would have to deal with whatever consequences that may have on your character. Other Creation Rules: I am willing to negotiate variations on stats if it makes sense. Example (just an example and not a rule) if you play an elderly character then I might be willing to do something like +2 Wisdom with -1 Dexterity and -1 Constitution. Races: Any race you want. I am going to create the game around the group, so you can play any race. Classes: No limit. I am open to homebrews, but I need to approve the class first and you must be able to use it through DnD Beyond. Tweaking/Flavoring Races/Classes: Flavor away! So long as it is simply cosmetic then I have no real restrictions. Type of Game: Open world/Sandbox/ Campaign Length: I generally write campaigns in archs, with one arch lasting anywhere from 5-10 levels, and I will continue to add archs until everyone seems ready to move on to a new campaign, and a satisfying ends presents itself. That said, it is perfectly possible for a campaign to run through levels 1-20 and beyond. In-game Adventurers: Adventurers fit many categories that the group can fit into, be they classic heroes, or members of an adventuring guild, or maybe their blades for hire that sail from port to port seeking riches and adventure. We’ll decide what we want to play together. Politics and Factions: These things are going on in the background everywhere to some capacity. There are guilds, factions, and politics the players can get involved with if they choose, and it’s up to players how much they engage there. Start/Standing: Game will start at level 1. Character Context: Players can always ask if their character has any information or knowledge on something they see or hear of in the world, at which point I will advised either they have no knowledge of the thing of interest, or allow the player to roll to see if they can recall the information. Backgrounds: Backgrounds will play into the world. No limit on what background players may choose. Feats: I allow feats. Be as creative with your character as you’d like. Mounts: I allow mounts, with basic mounts widely available if characters can afford them, and players may ask about finding more exotic mounts if they would like, though that will likely come with a challenge to obtain said mount. In my experience, mounts don’t come up too much in a lot of campaigns, but if it become integral to a character or the group then it will get more focus to make sure it is not wasted. General Mechanic Rules and Clarifications: Most of the rules follow the Players Handbook with some exceptions. Critical Hits: On a critical hit, damage is maximum possible damage + rolled damage +modifiers (ie an attack with a longsword is 8 + 1d8 + strength modifier). Healing Potions: Potions do maximum possible healing (Potion of Healing= 10, Greater Healing= 20, Superior Healing= 40, Supreme Healing= 60) Downtime: Downtime sessions will occur anytime it fits in the story, usually following some big milestone but not always. I will let everyone know beforehand when we will be having a downtime-session so everyone has time to think about what they want to do with the in game time they have available. Normal downtime activities are available, but players can always suggest new options. Ability Checks: Players can try to do anything, but I prefer you describe the action you are attempted as opposed to asking for an ability check to complete a task (example: “I try to leap across the gap” instead of “can I do an athletic check to get across?”). In the event that something more specific is required, like solving a riddle or puzzle, or if the task is impossible, such as trying to jump to the moon, I will simply advise you a check cannot be made to complete the task. I only ask for checks if the goal is achievable. Stealth: Characters can attempt to sneak so long as they are not visible. If the enemy can see you then you cannot sneak. If you are sneaking, attack an enemy, and then try to hide then you may be able to get out of sight, but the enemy will be generally aware of where you are hiding. Traps: I add a bit of an extra layer to traps where if a trap is set off, I will narrate some kind of trigger (ie “you hear a sudden CLICK”) and players will be asked for a quick response. How each player reacts will determine how the trap effects them, if at all.  

Edited 1592956704
Player Questionnaire: If you made it this far and are still interested, then you are almost done, and I thank you for your patience. Please complete the questionnaire below. If you are not able to answer everything then that is fine. It is just meant to give me a good idea of who you are and what you are looking for in a D&D campaign. 1.       When weeknight works best for you to play?   2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -Me bash! -To play the same kind of character I usually play in most campaigns. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:   5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. -Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success. -I prefer the party to set its own goals and don’t want a given goal in the GM’s mind before we create characters or before we start a mission. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. -I like individual goals to converge with group goals. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -Never. How could that even be fun? -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -When I had something else to do at the table afterward. -The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is more acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually. -It is okay to me if other characters die for character/story reasons but not if it affects my character too much. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region -Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -See the world -Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Build a menagerie -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. -I like a well-balanced seamless but improvised adventure and get frustrated by GM mistakes   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe: 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women children animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other Well, that’s about it. It’s a lot, I know, but I want this game to be fun and long running and the most important thing to making that happen is finding the right players. I will acknowledge anyone who shows interest, and then arrange a video chat with everyone to make sure the fit is right. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Well this was a lot to read but thankfully I like reading and complexity. first off please for the love of everything before i sink a good number of time answering the questionnaire add your timezone, not everyone uses the same timezone and the tikezone is the first thing everyone looks at so they can know if they can commit to it.
Magmasaurus said: Well this was a lot to read but thankfully I like reading and complexity. first off please for the love of everything before i sink a good number of time answering the questionnaire add your timezone, not everyone uses the same timezone and the tikezone is the first thing everyone looks at so they can know if they can commit to it. Oh, wow. My bad. Thanks for telling me I forgot it. Time zone is Pacific (PDT)
Player Questionnaire: If you made it this far and are still interested, then you are almost done, and I thank you for your patience. Please complete the questionnaire below. If you are not able to answer everything then that is fine. It is just meant to give me a good idea of who you are and what you are looking for in a D&D campaign. 1.       When weeknight works best for you to play?  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday 2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player: *I have a cleric who is a follower of Liira, the  goddess  of joy. Her spiritual weapons tend to be prank props. She once killed a grick with a spiritual weapon shaped like a rubber chicken. And once she "inflict wounds" punched a green dragon in the face. She was very conflicted about it, because her deity warned her about using necromancy spells too much. But her friends were in dire trouble, so she waged her bets. *I also have a bard who insists on wearing fancy dresses over her leathers because she is pretending to be nobility.  4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:  *Just the waiting of other players as they nitpick something that isn't really of consequence. "You find shoes." "What color are the shoes." "Red." "Is there a design on them." "No." "I touch the shoes. What do they feel like?" "Leather." ...AAAAAHHH! Just take the dang shoes and let's go! *Also, players meta gaming. You may know what it is, but does your character really know? If they don't, play it as if they don't. It's a bigger thrill. 5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between): *Laid back and fun, of course! Allowing the players to improv stupid stuff is the best! Let me attempt to use a hunk of cheese to silence a  Lorelei, PLEASE!   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur 7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. *I prefer direction, but am ok if it veers off course 8.        I like roleplaying where: -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region -Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality **Any of the above? Haven't created my character yet, so difficult to know what their goals are. 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -Get the McGuffin -Build a menagerie -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe *Tracking Initiative  15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women children animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other **While I do not endorse any of the above, I would gladly put boot to butt of any bad guy who does these. A good story makes for a good story, and that means a good  villain. I'm fine with it all.
What night time 
John F. said: What night time  The night will depend on everyone's availability but it will definitely be on a weeknight and start at either 8 or 9 Pacific time. 
Tiffany P. said: Player Questionnaire: Awesome! I will be going through responses here and other places I have posted and then reaching out to people to set up a video chat.
This sounds awesome and I'd love to be apart of it, but either way, please give me the link so I can watch =) Player Questionnaire: 1.       When weeknight works best for you to play?        I'm available Tuesday - Friday at any time. 2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. ***1I removed the answer about staying in character because I don't necessarily revel in the spotlight, but I do play the way I think my character would act even if I as a player know it might not be the best choice unless it's something that would negatively impact the game as a whole, I enjoy being creative over having maximum power, and I enjoy good scenes and good laughs. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:             An enjoyable event was during a combat scen when I was playing a cleric. I ran ahead of my group into a room full of undead and used turn undead. I ended up in a fog cloud and onr of my party members came around the corner and tried shooting an enemy and rolled a nat 1. His arrow found it's home in my back and I died from it. It was hilarious because none of my party saw what happened. Maybe you had to be there lol   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:          I don't have a single event that I can think of, but I played in a campaign that was just combat after combat with no roleplaying. I did not enjoy that.   5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):           I enjoy a DM somewhere in between  these two descriptions. I think player enjoyment is most important (including DM), but I also enjoy sticking to the rules to a reasonable degree.   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session ***This one is kind of tough as I think this is more of a DM call. I'm fine with either and would go with what made sense at the time.   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. ***Ideally, we wouldn't fail the entire campaign, but I think what happens naturally in game should lead to consequences that make sense in realtion to our actions. If the group screws things up so badly and the magically it all turns out fine in the end, that doesn't feel good to me. I enjoy risk of failure/ player death in games. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. ***When an individual goal can become a quest that the whole party can get behind, even if it's only important to one person, I think that can lead to great stories. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region ***This one is tough as I won't really know what my character wants until I make them. 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -Get the McGuffin -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak ***As long as the story is compelling and offers interesting interactions for the players, I'm game for anything.   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. ***I like an open-ended campaign where players are given a good amount of freedom, but I also don't mind some structured portions that offer good story.   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing session notes -Helping others and the DM remember the rules (Only when asked. I try not to be annoying) -Tracking NPC contacts 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women children animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other: I think sexual assault is something that doesn't need to be in a game and, if you absolutely need to put it in for some reason, a description of it is very unnecessary. As you said in your post, implying the events would be best in this case. Other than that, I'm fine with everything as long as it's just part of the game.
1.       When weeknight works best for you to play? The nights that would work best for me tend to be Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. 2.        My favorite ways to play is: To play as cleverly as possible within the constraints of my character even if it means the death of me. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player: It was less of an event and more of an experience, our DM had crafted a town ruled by a True Neutral Grey Necromancer, there were skeletal and other undead guards yet all the townspeople were okay with it. The discussions with the NPCs about it and with the Ruler himself and his philosophy was just overall interesting and memorable. 4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them: The campaign was just combat with no definable goal, overarching or personal, just travel from town to town and kill things, make bank, and leave. I like to be a character and not just a force in the world. 5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between): I want a DM thats going to be happy with to play with us and let there be a little loose interpretation to the rules for some truly creative plans but overall as firm as possible. 6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: I would prefer my character to be absent when possible but if were in the middle of dungeon or some large arc go ahead and play my character. 7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: I'm okay with total failure, if our choices bring that to fruition then we deserve that ending but a chance at redemption would definitely be appreciated. 8.        I like roleplaying where: There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. Some conflicts in personal interest bring a dynamic that I enjoy as do when different characters goal align as well as it brings them closer together. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) Im okay with death in any regard, if the dice dictate it then so be it. While I would prefer it be in a blaze of glory but if I happen to just be done in by a vat of acid then so be it. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a state or region is probably my most likely preference, can't really know depending on what my character experiences. 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -See the world -Explore different cultures 12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: Honestly, go ahead and improv and if there are mistakes when doing so; oh well comes with the territory. 13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts I would include writing session notes but most of the time I remember it pretty clearly and don't feel the need to write it out. 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): I'm willing to help with all of it if needed. 15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players. I'm personally fine with everything listed nothing really irks me about the list. -
Brett M. said: Awesome, thanks. I will be going through responses here and other places I have posted and then reaching out to people to set up a video chat.
Seero said: Great. Thanks for responding. I will be going through responses here and other places I have posted and then reaching out to people to set up a video chat.
Hey, everyone. Thank you all so much for your responses. I was worried I wouldnt even get enough for a full group but between the responses here and everywhere else I posted, that definitely wont be a problem. I will be going through all the responses today. Once I have sorted through them all, I will be reaching out to everyone to set up a 1 on 1 video chat, and then a group video chat for the final group. Thank you all for your patience.
1.       When weeknight works best for you to play?  M,T,W,Th.  (Sat,Sun) 2.        My favorite ways to play is: 1 -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. 2 -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. 3 -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. 4 -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. 5 -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. 6 -Me bash! 7 -To play the same kind of character I usually play in most campaigns. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:     A pc came running through our camp late at night with armed militia giving chase.  The pc tried to implicate our party in some sort of conspiracy, was captured by one of our party, and would not stop talking, yelling, interupting. (beyond RP) i realized the militia was not local and challenged them, but could not talk over the captured pc.  My ranger proceeded to knock out the intruder, after giving a warning.  we then told the militia to go talk to the noble in charge of the region, if they wish to take anyone in his charge into custody... it was nice for the party to decide which way the encounter would go, combat or role play or a bit of both.  sadly my ranger wished to and enjoyed too much k.o.ing the pc intruder...with reason, but still.   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:   sadly my ranger wished to and enjoyed too much k.o.ing the pc intruder...with reason, but still. I sent a pm to the DM, expressing concern about not being able to speak while the other player squashed everyone else.  they went to whispers, returned, and then the player continued after being directed at several levels to share the mic.  this is when i texted in my action to render the player unconscious....which did work, mostly. but it also started our characters' relationship at odds, which felt designed by the player, who was introducing a new character after dumping the previous character, whose story arc we just finished.    I don't care for PVP, or competitive RP, i.e. dialog hog.    5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between): the rules are important in that they inform us all of what we can expect from certain interactions.  the rules don't cover everything and need an interpreter and as well as director.  the rules don't tell stories, make maps or arrange encounters.  cool laid back GMs that have fun when the players are having fun do. 6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: 1    -my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur if needed 2    -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session as situations allow   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success. ???-I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign.---IDK, really has not come up, maybe need to know if the DM is planning for such an outcome maybe, if we are going live!!!! 8.        I like roleplaying where: 1    -Everyone focuses on the group goals 3  ---------There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. 2    -I like individual goals to converge with group goals. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -Never. How could that even be fun? x----When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. x----When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. x-----When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -When I had something else to do at the table afterward. x-The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is more acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. x-Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually. -It is okay to me if other characters die for character/story reasons but not if it affects my character too much. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city X-Influence a state or region X-Influence a country X-Influence a world X-Influence a plane X-Influence the fabric of reality 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: X-Halt a danger to a home town x-Fight a war of defense x-Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) X-Stop an evil organization/evil overlord X-Save the world/universe x-Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country X-Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron X-See the world X-Explore different cultures x-Get the McGuffin x-Build a menagerie X-Avenge the wronged X-Protect the weak X-Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: 1-----I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. 2  -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. -I like a well-balanced seamless but improvised adventure ---- who doesn't   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): X-Writing character background x-Writing character journals X-Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters x-Helping others and the DM remember the rules X-Tracking NPC contacts X-Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe:  As needed. 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): X-Writing character background X-Writing character journals X-Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules x-Tracking NPC contacts x-Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women       just random innocents i prefer to practice and reinforce action that affects us all....{misogyny, ect.}  children animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other Well, that’s about it. It’s a lot, I know, but I want this game to be fun and long running and the most important thing to making that happen is finding the right players. I will acknowledge anyone who shows interest, and then arrange a video chat with everyone to make sure the fit is right. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited 1593173758
1.      I have made bold and underlined my choices. When weeknight works best for you to play?  Being from the UK a weekend night would be my only option. 2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -Me bash! -To play the same kind of character I usually play in most campaigns. - To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. The stuff I've highlighted in bold are what I really play DnD for. To have a fun time, to role play and make others laugh and to find a way to overcome something in the not always most conventional of ways.  3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player: My party and I rescued a slave goblin from a horde of bugbears and took him to the local town, found a mop to use as a wig and disguised him as an adolescent male. We got him a job at the local tavern being a Kitchen Porter and we regularly head back to the town to see how he is getting on. Its hilarious what developments our DM makes for him and the little presents we buy him our great. Droop is his name and forever he will be in our hearts. Stories like this is what I love to come out of DnD on top of the obvious skullbashing a boss.   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them: A party member trying to have a really big input to what was going on whilst he was supposed to be sleeping. I'm all for people not roleplaying totally but that really peeved me off, taking over the whole of the story line when he was supposed to be asleep.   5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between): I'm defo an inbetween sort of guy. I love using rules properly in combat so tactics can be used and what not but I'm not one that's gonna hold up a game just because the is a minor disagreement on rules. Keep the game moving is the most vital thing to me and if that means bending the rules so be it. A DM who is creative and fully listens to his players is what i LOVE.   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: - my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session Crack on man play my character, just try not to kill them.   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. -Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success. -I prefer the party to set its own goals and don’t want a given goal in the GM’s mind before we create characters or before we start a mission. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. -I like individual goals to converge with group goals. I quite like when there is conflict between group and individual goals because that creates a fun dynamic but generally speaking i like a whole group to be working towards something. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -Never. How could that even be fun? -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -When I had something else to do at the table afterward. -The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is more acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually. -It is okay to me if other characters die for character/story reasons but not if it affects my character too much. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region -Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -See the world -Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Build a menagerie -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. -I like a well-balanced seamless but improvised adventure and get frustrated by GM mistakes   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe: Generally just a gentle reminder about inspiration or a feature of their class if I think it could be appropriate. Reminding DMs about my character which may have been overlooked. Stuff to help push forward and not get bogged down. 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe As Mentioned in the previous question.   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women children animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other Ill be honest im not fussed about 'touchy' subjects. if others are and have made that clear then i will avoid but I understand its a fantasy world and these areas of graphic nature have a place in my opinion. So bring it all on I say can make for dramatic/entertaining scenes in my opinion. 
1.     When weeknight works best for you to play? Any right now! When a vaccine is found, probably Wednesdays or Monday or Friday.    2.      My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. (I wouldn’t say JUST for laughs and snacks but this is nice in addition!)   3.      If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player: I play a very logical and dry Warlock who is not good at peopling and uses her Charisma for intimidation and lying mostly. She speaks with a Russian accent and in our game, is very unfamiliar with the country she landed in. We played a session where she needed to get information from someone in a bar and used her abilities to disguise herself to blend in (normally she’s a very red, very tall Tiefling) and turned into a human wench of sorts. The town was Western in flavor, so I roleplayed her trying to do a Western accent on top of her Russian accent, pretending to be flirty and friendly in a very uncomfortable way. It was a ton of fun to play and let me interact with the NPCs and our party in a really new way.   4.      Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them: I wouldn’t say I didn’t LIKE this perse, but I didn’t love playing with players that metagamed or that didn't enjoy/dig into the roleplaying aspect as much. It was just a bit of buzzkill when we all got into it and our DM would ask them what their character was doing and they really didn’t care about the story aspects as much.   5.      Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between): Someone in between, I think! I like playing the game the way it should be played for sure, but also I think that players having fun (including the DM) is the best part.   6.      If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur  7.     Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. 8.      I like roleplaying where: -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. 9.      When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.)   -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes and the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -When I had something else to do at the table afterward. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually.   10.    By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region -Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality Any really! Depends on the character and party, I think.   11.   What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -See the world -Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.    How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. Both! I like a nice balance between the two.   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.    In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways.  I’m an artist working in animation and I deeply love drawing and designing characters, so that’s a lot of what I do. I’m also super into notes, I love notes.   14.    In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways.  Let me draw ALL THE THINGS.   15.     As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you:   Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against Innocents Women Children Animals     Men Torture Dismemberment             Insults Kidnapping             Threats My stance on violence is that I play this game to enjoy myself, to live out my fantasies, and to enjoy storytelling with others. As a queer women of color - I truly hate having to continue to face violence/oppression of women, LGBTQ people, and people of color as a plot point. I want to play a badass lesbian who saves the day and no one blinks an eye at it. But I also admire how fantasy storytelling can be a way to work through all sorts of things and appreciate the struggles and eventual overcoming of these barriers. I don’t have any issues with gore/violence/sex/vivid language describing things! If you wanna see my D&D art, I can send you some!
1.       When weeknight works best for you to play?  Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:         Played through an adventure saving a town full of folks filled with role playing/puzzles, only to have them all devoured by a group of illithid. What a twist!   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:         -I enjoy pretty much all of it, I only don't enjoy it when the game doesn't move along bc people take too long to figure out what they want to do, roll, etc.   5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):         -Right in the middle. I enjoy learning/understanding the rules, but if we're not having fun, what's the point?   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -See the world -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising.   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women children animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other
HI I would like to join your campaign. 
         Hi! My name is Laura, and I would love to join your campaign. I got into D&D when quarantine started, and I absolutely love it and am looking for more opportunities to play. I'm a professional musician and I love performing, so the idea of being part of a streamed game sounds like a total blast!      When weeknight works best for you to play? Right now, I can do any weeknight except Thurs. When quarantine ends, the best weeknights for me would be Mon or Wed. 2.        My favorite way to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. I love roleplaying and combat, but I especially love developing and playing with the relationships and dynamics between characters. I love playing off each other and acting according to character even if my decisions are not the most efficient or successful. I think it's more fun to play a person with strengths and flaws than to play a set of stats with a name. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:   I played a waitress in a one shot who was an extremely clumsy sorcerer. We had a skill challenge, and she failed her first round because she tried to carry a tray of drinks to a table but tripped over someone's foot and spilled the drinks everywhere. The second round, she cast prestidigitation to create a distracting noise in the corner and then cast her mage hand (which was invisible because of a feat I took) and delivered the next tray of drinks to the table without touching or moving it and without anyone noticing, which was a success. It was really fun to overcome my character's flaw with a creative solution that used her strengths. 4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:   I haven't really had any bad experiences, but I think I would not enjoy being part of a campaign where the players are afraid or uncomfortable with roleplaying. It makes it so much fun when everyone is engaged with their character and the story and each other. 5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):   Somewhere in the middle! I'm totally open to improv and following the spirit of the rules, but I think it's important to still follow the rules according to what makes sense for the context. 6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: I would like my character to do what makes sense for them. If there is a good reason for them to be absent then that's fine, but if something happens that they would be involved in then the DM should just control them for the session. 7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. -I like individual goals to converge with group goals. Any and all. I like a good balance between focusing on characters' individual goals and the group goals. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When I got an awesome death monologue. -Character death is more acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -It is okay with me if other characters die for character/story reasons and it's   okay if that affects my character. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region -Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -See the world -Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Build a menagerie -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends I'm open to anything really.   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. I like a balance between keeping to the story and allowing for spontaneity. I don't mind gaffes from the DM if they don't mind mine. :)   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts In my current campaign, I keep a super detailed character journal along with my character's thoughts and developments and opinions about the other party members. I love writing and character development, and I'm great at keeping track of details. I'm happy to contribute any skills I have to the campaign and players!   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: I'm okay with any of the things you listed happening in the campaign. I love fighting a good villain, and these things are often exactly what makes them a villain. I would prefer graphic actions not to be narrated in excruciating detail, but it's okay if they happen, especially if it's important to the story. Thank you for your consideration, and regardless of whether you include me, good luck with the campaign! :)
Player Questionnaire: 1.       When weeknight works best for you to play: Est Sundays: 4-10pm, Weekdays: 6pm-10pm(if in working) 2pm-when ever (if i dont have work the next day) Saturdays: Situational normally not free 2.        My favorite ways to play is: Honestly doesn't matter i can play in a way that suits the groups dynamic 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player: ca      Can't remember havent played any dnd in over 16 years back in 3.5/4e 4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:  With the above statement but i dont like it when the DM tries super hard to force people to go along with the story if they just side track for a few minutes to explore etc 5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):         I prefer an open minded  DM in terms off roleplay and character development but I'm very flexible and can fit into any group as long as its fun and t         the DM is friendly 6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: It up to the DM if my character is required for story reasons they can control them otherwise Id prefer my character is off doing their hobby or something of that sort 7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. -Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success. -I prefer the party to set its own goals and don’t want a given goal in the GM’s mind before we create characters or before we start a mission.      Again in very flexible so ill go with what the rest of the group prefers and also inject some of my thoughts as well 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. -I like individual goals to converge with group goals.     Depending on the group and their way of playing any option is fine as long as there is some individual character development 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it. -The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually. -It is okay to me if other characters die for character/story reasons if that is what the player wants As long as its been discussed  prior to starting the session and is agreeded upon then charceter death is fine 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: Really depends on the kind of story i want my character to leave behind and what the group is looking for 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you:         What ever the group wants I'm not very picky as long as everyone is having fun 12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: I like a DM to improvise as well as have some planned out story beats so I can be free to decide what I want to do and have an understanding on what the sessions goal might be ahead of time. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. 13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing session notes -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing session notes -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you:      Nothing really bothers me
Player Questionnaire: If you made it this far and are still interested, then you are almost done, and I thank you for your patience. Please complete the questionnaire below. If you are not able to answer everything then that is fine. It is just meant to give me a good idea of who you are and what you are looking for in a D&D campaign. 1.       When weeknight works best for you to play? Mondays and Fridays   2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. x-To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -Me bash! -To play the same kind of character I usually play in most campaigns. x-To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -To stay in character even when it might hurt me. To get and revel in the spotlight. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player: one character missed a shot at an enemy and caused a cave in in killing enemy.   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them: Can't think of one right now   5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between): Some who is some what layed back but will keep the game on track when the it gose stray for a bit.   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: x-my character should be present and the DM should control them should combat occur -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: x-I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals. x-I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). x-I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). x-I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign. -Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success. -I prefer the party to set its own goals and don’t want a given goal in the GM’s mind before we create characters or before we start a mission. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals x-There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. -I like individual goals to converge with group goals. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -Never. How could that even be fun? x-When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. x-When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. x-When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. x-When I had something else to do at the table afterward. -The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is more acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually. -It is okay to me if other characters die for character/story reasons but not if it affects my character too much. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: x-Influence a small group of people known to him or her x-Influence events in a small group x-Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) x-Influence a large city x-Influence a state or region x-Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: x-Halt a danger to a home town x-Fight a war of defense x-Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) x-Stop an evil organization/evil overlord x-Save the world/universe x-Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country x-Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron x-See the world x-Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Build a menagerie -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: x-I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need. -I like a well-balanced seamless but improvised adventure and get frustrated by GM mistakes   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): x-Writing character background x-Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts x-Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe: 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): x-Writing character background x-Writing character journals x-Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules x-Tracking NPC contacts x-Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against children
This thread is still live, but it has been many days since I got a response to any messages. Is this game filled or still being planned or what?

Edited 1594097195
Hi, I'm Toastyr, I'm 20 and have been playing D&D for a couple of years 1.    P layer Questionnaire:              When weeknight works best for you to play?          - All 2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful. -To think cleverly, strategically, or creatively to overcome obstacles or make obstacles easier to defeat. -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. -Hey, I’m just here for friends and snacks. So, if I laugh hard and make others laugh, that is a good session. 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve played:      - My tortle mailman character was able to befriend an ocean spirit that was about to destroy our group's ship with a pretty funny conversation and some really lucky rolls, and instead of everyone dying a violent death at sea, she gave my character a package to deliver that become a peace offering to another powerful npc later in the story. It was really fun, totally unexpected, and my dm was planning on stranding us, but the interaction was really funny and great and so he changed his mind, and it made the adventure even better. 4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:        -I have played through a couple brutally difficult fights that were designed to kill off at least one of the player characters to raise the stakes which didn't feel great. 5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):       -Just someone who is having as much playing as the players. If everyone around the table is having a good time, it's going to be a successful game. I think following the rules is important, but creative freedom is also really appreciated. 6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -I prefer my character be considered absent from the events of that session (I like to come up with some in-story reason why my characters might miss a session, like they are easily pulled into the fey randomly or just have extreme narcolepsy) 7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the overall goal. 8.        I like roleplaying where: -Everyone focuses on the group goals -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. -I like individual goals to converge with group goals. (all of these are fine with me, I like to come up with a personal goal that relates to the group goal to give my character a drive) 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -When I had something else to do at the table afterward. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually. (character death is part of the game, but I do get very attached to my characters and will be very sad if one of them dies) 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: - anything, I prefer the longer the campaign the bigger the scope so I just a continuous gradual increase. 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -See the world -Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: -I like a DM to improvise so I can be free to decide what I want to do. I’m willing to accept some gaffes from the DM as sometimes happens when improvising. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need.   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe: comic relief 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe: comic relief   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: I am a bit uncomfortable with overly grody descriptions of graphic violence/gore, but as long as it isn't gratuitous I'm fine.
Wow!  What an amazing amount of work you've put into just the initial material!  This sounds amazing, and I hope I'll be able to join you!  Please feel free to ask for any clarifications or other questions!  Thanks, and even if I don't get to play, have fun! 1.       When weeknight works best for you to play? Monday - Wednesday are all good.     2.        My favorite ways to play is: -To have a character participate in a fun story and hopefully to be successful. (though this is admittedly a close second: -To acquire, use, and optimize new spells/powers, abilities, and other resources to make me and the party successful.) 3.        If you have one, give an example of an event you enjoyed in a previous session you’ve player:          I played a fighter that was a descended noble of a city-state that was deposed when the region temporarily allied against a threat of invasion.  After it was over, the kingdom refused to release leadership back to the city-states.  My character was working with other deposed city-state leaders to re-establish their power in a secret rebellion.  As the adventure progressed, my character was part of the party, but all the while building up a network of connections to help him achieve his personal goal.  The freedom to persue a character specific goal was incredibly fun.  Everyone had their own goal/agenda, and we always kept it to a minimum of play time so it wasn't disruptive.   4.        Please give an example of a campaign events that you did not enjoy from a previous campaign and help me understand why you didn’t like them:          I've certainly had my share of horror stories, but the ones that stand out the most were:          Having a player's rogue steal everything from the party and quit.  We were trusting because we were a party working together.  I understand roleplaying what your character would do, but the player has the option of what player to create, and creating a character that ruins the fun for other players is not ok.         Having a character die before he could have his big reveal that he was not the race he presented himself as.  He was worried that nobody would accept him for who he was, so he hid it with magic.  I wanted to have a big reveal session to provide a lot of RP potential, but that didn't happen.          I played in an overly oppressive setting in Pathfinder where I played a character that maximized Charisma and Persuasion as much as possible.  Even with very exceptional rolls, he was never able to persuade anyone.  It was very frustrating to have the ability I spent all of my available points, spells and feats improving still be completely worthless.  I understand that by RAW, persuasion can sometimes be OP and should be toned down a little for balance, depending on the context, but not that far.   5.        Give a summary of what kind of DM you prefer (i.e. laid back and focused on player enjoyment over all else, strict and focused on enforcing the rules over all else, somewhere in between):              Laid back story driven, with emphasis on character motivation and development.  RAW is default, but break them for fun.  Rule of cool.   6.        If you can’t attend a session, please indicate what you like to have happen to your character: -I don't mind if they are there or not.  However, I would prefer to not lose experience and be behind the other players just because I had a life event.  I'm not fond of character death to begin with, but losing them while you're not even playing them is particularly upsetting.  The same could be said for other long affecting character choices (e.g. levelling, badmouthing the king publicly ...assuming that's out of character for them!, etc.).  Other than that, there or not, played by DM or other players is all fine.   7.       Please indicate any of the following responses that match your expectation for missions: -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals.   --- As long as it doesn't fail the overall campaign. -I’m okay with failing an overall campaign mission thus far (e.g., prevent a gate from forming to an evil plane) as long as we get new related goals (e.g., fight what comes through the gate and then close the gate). -I’m okay with failing a mission related to the overall campaign goals as long as we get new goals and those goals may be unrelated (e.g., survive the demon horde pouring through the gate; save/protect the McGuffin from the demon horde). -I’m only okay with failing side missions that are tangentially or only loosely related to main goals. Beyond that, I like a GM to keep us moving closer to a successful completion of the over all goal. -I’m okay with failing. Period. Even the whole campaign.   I'm not really comfortable with this.  I want to play a hero, not a -Though I know the party won’t be perfect, I really need every mission to end with at least a modicum of success. -I prefer the party to set its own goals and don’t want a given goal in the GM’s mind before we create characters or before we start a mission.   This stinks for the DM.  Choosing odd means of attempting to accomplish goals is bad enough, but wandering completely out of the storyline is not participating in cooperative storytelling. 8.        I like roleplaying where: This is my preference, but others are fine.  I would also expect that the individual goals do not detract from the group goals.  That could end up with PvP stuff, which I dislike. -There are group goals, individual goals, and those goals may be different. 9.        When has it been okay or even fun for your character to die in a game? (Check all that apply.) To add my personal note here, I do think that there should always be the threat of danger, so doing doing something more reckless could be more dangerous, but if it's in character, fun, and not extremely foolish, then it shouldn't be a death sentence, imo.  Still, even if there were no character death, there should be consequences for things like insulting the king or kicking sleeping dragons.  I don't think there should be no character death, but I do think it should be very rare.  I think they work best as scripted events (even if the timing is flexible) or if the character gets a way to immediately return (I have divine intervention in my campaigns, as the characters are the Gods' champions, willing or not, as one example). -Never. How could that even be fun? -When the character can be resurrected and eventually catch up to other characters in power level. -When it forwarded a plot overall or made a very dramatic enjoyable scene. -When the GM thought we made serious mistakes  and  the dice dictating it.   -When I got an awesome death monologue. -When I had something else to do at the table afterward. -The acceptability of character death is inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to create a new character. -Character death is more acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death is less acceptable the longer and more successful my character has been. -Character death appropriateness is based on my character. If I play a cautious, careful, combat avoid, and combat savvy character, I expect those traits to help the character live longer. If I play a reckless foolish character, I expect death to catch up to the character eventually.    -It is okay to me if other characters die for character/story reasons but not if it affects my character too much. 10.     By the time we finish a campaign, I want my character to be able to: These all really depend on character level, IMO.  I don't expect to get much higher than country, if even that, but it could be possible, depending on where things end up. -Influence a small group of people known to him or her -Influence events in a small group -Influence events on a local level (neighborhood or small town) -Influence a large city -Influence a state or region -Influence a country -Influence a world -Influence a plane -Influence the fabric of reality 11.    What kind of overarching campaign goals interest you: -Halt a danger to a home town -Fight a war of defense  - possibly, depending on how it's handled.  I prefer individual heroism over troops or organizations, personally. -Be loyal to an organization (get orders, fulfill missions) -Stop an evil organization/evil overlord -Save the world/universe -Stop the internal power grab within my organization/country -Build up the power/wealth/status of my loyal patron -See the world -Explore different cultures -Get the McGuffin -Build a menagerie -Avenge the wronged -Protect the weak -Build my power and the power of my friends   12.     How do you feel about GM Improvisation: Honestly, I'm ok with either of the first 2 responses.  I don't think the last one (being frustrated by GM mistakes) is realistic.  We should be laid back and have fun more than nitpicking rules. -I like a well-planned, well balanced adventure and am willing to accept some railroading so the DM can meet that need.   The next questions are asking about engagement and participation in a campaign.   13.     In previous campaigns, I have enjoyed (please check all that apply): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules    - ONLY if it doesn't affect flow.  I'm good at the rules and will answer questions if I know the answer, but I don't want to pipe up every time unless I'm asked for clarifications.  Even then, DM's word is law, and they're free to run things as they want. -Tracking NPC contacts -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe:  I enjoy making maps to some degree.  I'm not fantastic at it, but I'll offer what I can.  I've also done some minor graphic editing of roll20 assets to improve overall appearance. 14.     In this campaign, I would be willing to and would enjoy (please check all that apply; don’t worry though, I’m not asking for a commitment, and I’m not expecting you will do all of the ones you check or that you will do any of them all of the time): -Writing character background -Writing character journals -Writing session notes -Finding/making/painting markers for my and other characters -Helping others and the DM remember the rules -Tracking NPC contacts   I'm very bad with names and would have difficulty with this.  Sessions notes would be difficult, but doable, though. -Helping players/the DM in other ways. Describe  - I'm open to requests.  If I can, I will!   15.      As in any D&D game, there is always the likelihood of violence. Not everyone is comfortable with every style. I don’t want any players to be disturbed by the scenes/acts described by the DM or other players.     Please let me know what kinds of dramatic events you don’t feel have a place in a game that would be fun for you: Descriptions of graphic violence/gore Violence against innocents women children   While most of these are a bit squiggy, this one crosses my personal line.  If it happens, I won't quit, but it will be hard to be actively engaged. animals     men Torture Dismemberment               Insults Kidnapping               Threats Other   - Rape is a hard "no".  That is a massive trigger for me.