Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ch. 9: The Mine Cart Chase (Final Play Test Chapter)

Borimor Redbeard: Either them or more wolves   Phoenix: Honestly I think we should just cut our losses and move on if we survive this. We're not prepared to fight werewolves. I'd rather risk it in Borovia than here. After claiming the bounty taht is.   Borimor Redbeard: Yeah just drag Elgin to town get the money and leave Your on your own   Phoenix: There isn't enough gold in the world worth dying to some werewolves at level 1.   Dungeon Master (GM): Hi Guys!   Borimor Redbeard: Dm has said there is another part to it, we can find out more but, not sure if I want to   Phoenix: I was under the impression this encounter was it, and then we wait for the next module.   Borimor Redbeard: Hi Storm watch here to   Dungeon Master (GM): yes, If you survive the mine cart and can manage to get away from the werewolf there is more that can happen. It's been a nice and clear day here today, but rain coming the next 3. the other day the lights just kept flickering on and off for like an hour   Dix Ashien: Hopefully the worst has passed over here. Tip of the hat to any Fathers in the group. Hope you had a great Father's Day   Borimor Redbeard: Its coming my way so if I drop out thats why   Dungeon Master (GM): Ok, when we start, you start with 2 segments ahead on the werewolf,. when you come to a blue or green map segment you will take off -2 or -3 to the dexterity check that you make, it also depends on the speed of the cart where you can have up to +4 more taken off the Dexterity roll. and that should be +2 or +3 for that first part. What you can do while in the carts: 1) fire a ranged weapon at another +2 to the roll 2) lean into a curve   Dix Ashien: Is it a fair assuption that we  see  any curves coming? And are there any penalties to those that do NOT lean into the curve?   Dungeon Master (GM): 3) control the break to go at full/half speed or stop. If you fail the dex check you wind up moving the brake lever in the opposite way you intended. Yes you would see the curves coming and as you can see on the map there are 3 blue (+2) and 3 green (+3) segments.   Dix Ashien: Are the 3 center segments supposed to be green? (they look brown to me)   Dungeon Master (GM): I think the the 5E group wiped out in either of the first 2 blue segments.   Phoenix: Oh so that's how they got captured And those are brown segments Green is further down So what does the green and blue represent?   Dix Ashien: Got it. I hadn't scrolled down. Thanks   Dungeon Master (GM): there's 2 browns 1 green and 2 browns, 2 greens then a brown, i guess the last segment is where you try to stop.   Dix Ashien: LOL  try  to stop? That sounds encouraging.   Borimor Redbeard: Yes 5e group did not make it that far   Phoenix: Is there like a sheet of rules or something we can look at for this?   Dungeon Master (GM): I posted the meat of the rules for this part!   Phoenix: The +2 and +3 modifier I assume is added to the d20 roll making it harder, yes?   Dungeon Master (GM): i can screen cap and put it in a hand out, like 2 or 3 pages yes   Phoenix: I'd appreciate a hand out if you will.   Dungeon Master (GM): then there is the +2 if you fire a ranged weapon and the +1 to +4 depending on the cart speed   Phoenix: Unless other stuff is attacking us, we don't really need to care about ranged attacks. We can't exactly hurt werewolves.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok give me a couple minutes here and i'll make handouts   Devin M.: Hello.   Dix Ashien: Can't HURT to shoot - it  MAY  slow them down just enough to increase our lead for when we might have to brake the cart. It may even be smarter to shoot at things that might fall in the way of the pursuers, rather than at them directly. Hi Devin   Devin M.: +   Phoenix: Fair enough, getting shot by an arrow hurts no matter what   Dungeon Master (GM): Hi Devin! ok there you have it the 4 pages of mine cart chase rules I don't recall if shooting them slows them down but i'm willing to slow him by 1 segment don't forget that if you make it to the bottom you'll have to carry Elgin likely let me know when you all are done glancing at the rules   Borimor Redbeard: Elgin is staying with us to the end   Dix Ashien: We may have to WATCH him for that, and ensure he doesn't try to jump out, but I agree.   Dungeon Master (GM): Ha! Jump out!   Borimor Redbeard: Even if I have to kill him hehe hes worth a lot of money   Dungeon Master (GM): no need to roll for the dogs   Phoenix: Leaving him for the Unseelie wouldn't be terrible tbh. Can't be  too  hard to argue that the flayed corpse is Elgin.   Dungeon Master (GM): so 1st cart 2 have to succeed while 2nd cart 3 have to succeed.   Phoenix: Unconscious Elgin counts? I suppose he  is  just a bag of meat at this point. And meat has weight.   Dungeon Master (GM): hmm, alright no 3 still have to succeed though   Borimor Redbeard: Cart 1 is Hobb Borimor Levin Puto?   Dungeon Master (GM): yep   Borimor Redbeard: Alright lets get going   Dungeon Master (GM): the rest of you ready?   Dix Ashien: Go for it   Phoenix: So what position are the cart breaks in right now? Half-Closed?   Dungeon Master (GM): barimor set them prior to entering the main, i think he set them at full?   Borimor Redbeard: Yes wide open hehe   Dungeon Master (GM): ok ok for the first segment everyone in the 1st cart roll a dex check   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  16  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): carts are traveling 2 segments per round currently   Phoenix: So if we go straight from open to closed we go to 0 Speed. I assume going to Half-Open causes it to stay 0 Speed?   Dix Ashien: You adding the "plusses", or should we when we roll?   Dungeon Master (GM): no it would go back up to 1 speed at least...you are going downhill yes and right now there is no modifier added
DEXTERITY CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  9   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger   Rolls:  10  Needs ≤  18     DEXTERITY CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning Rolls:  6  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): 3 successes you reach the next segment at a speed of 3 you will be going ok 2nd cart now   Phoenix: So if none of us elect to change the brake we can all lean into the curve I assume?   DEXTERITY CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  17  Needs ≤  18   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger   Rolls:  12  Needs ≤  16   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  16  Needs ≤  14   Dungeon Master (GM): hobb and Norrila are in complete control of the brakes   DEXTERITY CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  4  Needs ≤  9 Alright   Dungeon Master (GM): 3 successes so you also reach the next sement ok now 1st cart is going at 3 speed so that's a +1 added to the die roll make the rolls   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  13  Needs ≤  12   Phoenix: We should be at the second segment shouldn't we? Or third technically?   Dungeon Master (GM): you just started so no   Dix Ashien: What do we see with regard to the wolves and the distance between us?   DEXTERITY CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning Rolls:  17  Needs ≤  16   DEXTERITY CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  14  Needs ≤  9   Borimor Redbeard:   Dungeon Master (GM): when you get to the segment below the one with the mine cart chase total the wolf will be 2 segments back from that   Phoenix: Fuck you too RNGesus...   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger Rolls:  10  Needs ≤  18   Phoenix: brb   Dungeon Master (GM): 3 successes so good ok 2nd cart now   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): Norrilla, heward, Fuci, dix   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  14   Dungeon Master (GM): ok 2 succeed so ok ok now going at 4 speed so add +2 to the roll and start with 1st cart Hobb, Borimor, Levin, Puto   Dungeon Master (GM): opps forgot to add the +2 on the blue curve part but ok   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  7  Needs ≤  12   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger   Rolls:  12  Needs ≤  18   Dungeon Master (GM): 2 successes so ok now add +2 to Norrila, Heward, Fuci and Dix   Dungeon Master (GM): yes so Norrila needs to succeed or he moves it the wrong way
Phoenix: Can we close the breaks to half closed here for 4 speed? Are we going 6 or 4 speed right now?   Dungeon Master (GM): yes and speed ranking is 4   Phoenix: Alright, half close then. Unless...   Dungeon Master (GM): roll Norilla's dex check   Phoenix: If we're at 6 speed and close it to 3 speed, are we then making that check at +1 or +4?   Dungeon Master (GM): you are at 4 now, if you all succeed the next segment will be a 5 or +3 to the roll so no one is going to roll for Norrila, Heward, Fuci and Dix?   Phoenix: I'll do it, just checking stuff real quick We started at 3 speed? I think we should be 3 instead of 4   Dungeon Master (GM): It did start at a speed ranking of 2!   DEXTERITY CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  15  Needs ≤  18   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  17  Needs ≤  14   DEXTERITY CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  4  Needs ≤  9   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  20  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): 2 successes so ok   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  16  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): now for the first cart going at 4 speed   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  18   DEXTERITY CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  6  Needs ≤  9   DEXTERITY CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning   Rolls:  13  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): 2 success at +2 added Next segment that will go at 4 speed with +2 added to roll ok now for Norrila, Heward, Fuci and Dix   Phoenix: Norrila will half-close the lever   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   DEXTERITY CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  4  Needs ≤  18   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  14   DEXTERITY CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric   Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  9 Double Nat 19s   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  10  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you are good   Dungeon Master (GM): only the 2nd cart, has the break at half closed right?   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  12   Phoenix: Yeah   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  18   Dungeon Master (GM): so that stays at 4 speed   Phoenix: Hobb will close the breaks on this one
Dungeon Master (GM): ok but you are going at 4 speed now though so you'll stay at 4 ok roll for 1st cart now   Phoenix: I mean full close Go to 2 speed After we go 5 that is   DEXTERITY CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  8  Needs ≤  9     Dungeon Master (GM): a fail DEXTERITY CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning Rolls:  14  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): failed   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): three fails!   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger Rolls:  11  Needs ≤  18   Dungeon Master (GM): the cart goes flying off the tracks! that's 1d8-3 damage   Borimor Redbeard: dogfood hehe   Dungeon Master (GM): so for Hobb:  4 Borimor:  -2 that's no damage   Phoenix: What would you know, falling off a minecart can heal lol   Dungeon Master (GM): levin:  4 Puto:  4   Phoenix: 7,7,7,   Dungeon Master (GM): the dog Char:  -1   Phoenix: Lucky day for TPKs huh?   Dungeon Master (GM): no damage ok now for 2nd cart at a speed of 4   Borimor Redbeard: So Char landed on the tough Dwarf   Dungeon Master (GM): indeed 2nd cart rolls please guys!   DEXTERITY CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  5  Needs ≤  18   Dungeon Master (GM): good   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  14   Dungeon Master (GM): failed   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  20  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): failed   DEXTERITY CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  18  Needs ≤  9   Dungeon Master (GM): failed! so they go flying off the tracks!!! Norrila:  3 Alfa:  3 Heward:  3   Phoenix: 666 huh?   Dungeon Master (GM): Fuci:  -1 no damage Dix:  3 Elgin:  1 beta:  -1 no damage   Phoenix: What hp is Elgin at?   Dungeon Master (GM): -8 now   Borimor Redbeard: Wolves catch up to us   Phoenix: Nah we can push the carts back up
Dungeon Master (GM): you can try to get them back on yes, let's see how long that takes   Borimor Redbeard: What rolls?   Dungeon Master (GM): it takes at least 4 of you per cart and one round to get them back on the track   Dix Ashien: How hard are they to manuever, and how many people does it take to right and reseat one on the tracks? (Basically, can our archers fire while others fix carts?) Ok, so no extras to fire (at least in cart 2). Let's get these things back on the tracks!   Dungeon Master (GM): you need all 8 of you on the carts to get them back on!   Borimor Redbeard:   STRENGTH CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  14   STRENGTH CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  15  Needs ≤  15   Dix Ashien The Human Ranger pushes, pulls and does all he can to get the cart back on the tracks   STRENGTH CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning Rolls:  8  Needs ≤  12   STRENGTH CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger Rolls:  1  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): ok it's back on the track i'm confused on how far back the wolf is, of course at least 2 segments back still due to speeding up to 5 and 4 I think buddy is coming in now, i just saw a thumbs up sign from him strength checks for the other 4 now   Borimor Redbeard: So Carts are back on track we get going again   Phoenix: Cart 1 is   STRENGTH CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  12   STRENGTH CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  12   STRENGTH CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  10  Needs ≤  16   STRENGTH CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  15  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): ok fuci failed so you need another round to get it on...4 more rolls please   Borimor Redbeard:   STRENGTH CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  8  Needs ≤  14   STRENGTH CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief   Rolls:  10  Needs ≤  12   Dix Ashien The Human Ranger Says, "Should we put ELgin in the 1st cart and let them go? We can still work to upright cart 2"   STRENGTH CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  3  Needs ≤  16   STRENGTH CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  1  Needs ≤  12   STRENGTH CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger   Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  12   Phoenix: Okay, quick cart swapping I think.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, it's on the tracks as well now but the wolf is getting close now   Phoenix: Given people are helping with other carts   Borimor Redbeard: Borimor goes back to pushing Cart 1   Dungeon Master (GM): starting at 2 speed again so no + to the roll
1st cart please   Buddy D.: finally got my internet fixed   Dungeon Master (GM): yay!   Borimor Redbeard:   Phoenix: Welcome! Just in time to see us TPK!   DEXTERITY CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  16  Needs ≤  12   DEXTERITY CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  17  Needs ≤  9   DEXTERITY CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning   Rolls:  18  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): buddy roll a dex check for Puto   DEXTERITY CHECK For Puto Magee the Ranger Rolls:  2  Needs ≤  18 lol   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, only 1 success! so the cart flies off the track again more damage here Hobb:  5 Borimor:  -1 no damage   Dungeon Master (GM): Levin:  -1 no damage Char: :  5 Puto: :  3 now for the 2nd cart Norrila, Heward, Fuci, Dix   DEXTERITY CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  17  Needs ≤  18   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  14  Needs ≤  14   Dungeon Master (GM): good good   DEXTERITY CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric Rolls:  18  Needs ≤  9   Dungeon Master (GM): failed   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  3  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): good so you stay on the track!   Borimor Redbeard:   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, now 1st cart people what do you do?   STRENGTH CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  9  Needs ≤  14   Dungeon Master (GM): ok trying to put it back on   Levin Quinley, praying to Yondalla, and laying a hand upon the injured Puto Magee, casts a CURE LIGHT WOUNDS Spell! Level 1 Cleric * Necromatic (reversible) Components V,S Casting Time 5  Segments Range Touch Duration Permanent Area of Effect Creature Touched Saving Throw None Healing:   2  Hit Points   Dungeon Master (GM): he's at -1   Levin Quinley, praying to Yondalla, and laying a hand upon the injured Puto Magee, casts a CURE LIGHT WOUNDS Spell! Level 1 Cleric * Necromatic (reversible) Components V,S Casting Time 5  Segments Range Touch Duration Permanent Area of Effect Creature Touched Saving Throw None Healing:   8  Hit Points
Dungeon Master (GM): 0k 7 hp now but he can't help with the cart yet so you can't put it back on this round so let's move to the 1st cart going at 3 speed roll for hobb, Borimor, Levin and puto please   Phoenix: We should be rolling for the second cart, no?   Borimor Redbeard: Yes Cart 2   Dungeon Master (GM): it's not on the tracks yet, Puto can't help yet   Phoenix: First cart was the one that fell off   Borimor Redbeard: Puto is in Cart 1   Dungeon Master (GM): ok ok aye yes so you can't put the 1st cart back on the track yet   Phoenix:   Dungeon Master (GM): so roll on the 2nd cart   DEXTERITY CHECK For Norrila Vita the Fighter/Thief Rolls:  8  Needs ≤  18   DEXTERITY CHECK For Heward the Henchman Fighter   Rolls:  15  Needs ≤  14   DEXTERITY CHECK For Fuci Lumet the Fighter/Cleric   Rolls:  16  Needs ≤  9   DEXTERITY CHECK For Dix Ashien the Ranger Rolls:  19  Needs ≤  16   Dungeon Master (GM): 3 fails   Dix Ashien: Arrrrgh!   Dungeon Master (GM): Norrila:  -2 no damage Heward:  5 Fuci:  -1 no damage Dix:  2   Dungeon Master (GM): elgin:  3 dead beta:  -1 no damage   Dix Ashien: LOL - -those dogs are agile!   Dungeon Master (GM): ok the wolf reached the first group but is not attacking, instead it just stands there howling away.   STRENGTH CHECK For Hobb the Henchman Fighter Rolls:  16  Needs ≤  15 Oh wonderful   STRENGTH CHECK For Borimor Redbeard the Fighter Rolls:  12  Needs ≤  14   STRENGTH CHECK For Levin Quinley the Cleric of Lightning Rolls:  2  Needs ≤  12   Dungeon Master (GM): as some of you work to get the cart back on the track more werewolfs come out and surround the group! what do you do?   Phoenix: Continue putting the cart on the tracks   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Damn dogs want something"   Dix Ashien The Human Ranger Says, "Elgin? Do they still want him if he's dead?"   Dungeon Master (GM): ok and they just continue to surround you and move to prevent you from getting the carts rolling Loup-Garou (Lowland Lycanthrope) The Lowland Loup-Garou Says, "Fools! You are not going anywhere, you all are coming with us, Surrender or else!"   Borimor Redbeard: If they keep us from going deeper guess see if they let us leave?   Phoenix: So both groups are surrounded right?   Dungeon Master (GM): Yes and one moves over to Elgin to check him out
Loup-Garou (Mountain Lycanthrope) The Lowland Loup-Garou Says, "Good! Elgin is dead!"   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Says, "Guess we give up"     Dix Ashien The Human Ranger Looks to all the other adventurers and shrugs his shoulders.   Loup-Garou (Mountain Lycanthrope) The Lowland Loup-Garou Says, "Do as said or meet the same fate as Elgin!"   Buddy D.: lol   Borimor Redbeard The Dwarf Fighter Sets his axe on the ground   Dungeon Master (GM): so your choice here...fight or surrender   Phoenix: I don't know, death by minecart might be better.   Dungeon Master (GM): heh   Phoenix: Well seeing as none of us can do any damage against them, we'll surrender.   Dungeon Master (GM): very well, they take your weapons and lead you away off the mountain to their campsite i believe it will be in the next module. and that concludes the play test! Unless you want to pretend they made it to the bottom and Elgin is alive   Dix Ashien: LOL - 3 times over, it concludes it. Whew!   Phoenix: Woot, only a couple weeks over due.   Dungeon Master (GM): so just end it here then?'   Phoenix: For the sake of play testing, I'd like to continue on.   Dix Ashien: I suspect - at the least - this module just shouldn't be listed as being for 1st levels.   Phoenix: I don't think your other group got that far?   Borimor Redbeard: Yeah have a storm coming   Phoenix: Yeah this module certainly isn't meant for low levels. And the mine cart chase is basically just RNG. Which hates us in this campaign.   Dungeon Master (GM): Dix, it's merely meant to be a chase, the creator was hoping the party would just try to circumnavigate around the Unseelies for example   Devin M.: I don't actually know what RNG means, could someone enlighten me?   Phoenix: Random Number Generator   Dix Ashien: There needs to be a few other options than just DEX saves to keep the escape from the wolves via the carts - though honestly, I don't know what that should be.   Dungeon Master (GM): Rolling Nsomething Generator?   Phoenix: Basically when something is up to chance   Borimor Redbeard: Randomb Number Generator   Dungeon Master (GM): if you can think of something you can mention it to the creator of course that's what i meant   Phoenix: Bracing giving you an bonus to keep the cart steady rather than just being flat might help.   Dungeon Master (GM): up to you guys, we can do it where you make it through the woods with Elgin   Phoenix: It feels heavily skewed towards failing.   Dungeon Master (GM): but you need to lean at the curves   Dix Ashien: Did we REACH a curve yet?   Dungeon Master (GM): the creator said the games have given him a lot of insight since he can see everything that happened   Devin M.: Does anyone know what garou means?   Dix Ashien: It's french for wolf   Dungeon Master (GM): yes the blue strips are +2 curves   Dix Ashien: I think.   Borimor Redbeard: Catch you all next week for return to Forbidden City   Dungeon Master (GM): google translate says it means werewolf in french   Phoenix: Ah, you only need a majority to right the cart. Not all four.   Dix Ashien: Sounds like a plan. I'll be cutting off the PC before the storm shuts it down FOR me. Again, Happy Father's Day to the Daddy's out there (and if yours is still around, don't forget to call him!! :) )   Phoenix: Even with setting the cart up being easier, doesn't change the fact that falling off is borderline killing us.   Devin M.: Loup means wolf, so I was hoping to isolate the garou part.   Dungeon Master (GM): actually the module forgot to mention the strength checks, you need all four that were in each cart as that is the minimum needed i type it with just loup and nothing was translated when i put in Loup garou it shows werewolf same if i just type garou it comes up as garou  
Dix Ashien: How many SHOULD be able to fit in a cart? MORE than 4? &nbsp; Phoenix: <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou</a> Honestly fitting four people into a normal minecart is a miracle in it of itself. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): for the sake of getting everyone down DM just splits the capacity between the party! At least a nice DM would! &nbsp; Phoenix: Lmao, imagine if the module had a set size limit and we'd have to leave people behind. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): we are a little above the 5 the module was geared for so DM makes the adjustments! &nbsp; Dix Ashien: My point was that if you had MORE in a cart, getting 4 STR successes wouldl be easier &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): or adds a 3rd cart! aye yea ok right &nbsp; Phoenix: What we need is a good 20 hirelings to ensure we get those carts working. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): so if we were to continue Elgin being alive would tell you something as you run through the woods heh he would say "Hey I have a hideout, follow me." you would go to it, but of course still being chased by the were wolfs, as you closed the door to the hideout...one werewolf slams against it and it goes from there up to you all if you want to see / play that part out &nbsp; Dix Ashien: Higher levels and weapons to harm werewolves... key to module. STR saves too. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): this would be Elgin's hideout map the module never gives you enough to fully kill a werewolf really, though the creator meantioned that one of the NPC could have a +1 silver dagger in his possession. so that combined with alee-onna's +1 regular blade and the magic stones given by Ingeld this is a starting module next one due to be released in the fall, so I guess late summer play test? &nbsp; Phoenix: Wow, the module costs $15 &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): yea, i will link you to the playtest hold on Here you go:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a4swiu26a95vlzx/AADEVN0mPUlIy4Rd2Hargg9ba?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a4swiu26a95vlzx/AADEVN0mPUlIy4Rd2Hargg9ba?dl=0</a> &nbsp; Phoenix: $15 for a homebrew module, which has quite a few grammar errors on the store page, is insane to me. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): heh, he said he had people look it over for spelling as well, and i told him i got a whole bunch of errors when copy/pasting onto roll20 plus words spelled right but were the wrong words. I've mentioned the module to 4 sites that review them, one being TenFootPole.Org Blog &nbsp; Phoenix: * 21 new. full size maps, including area maps like the map of the Northern Core Lands or the village of Kellee, and battle maps battle maps like the sewer of road encounter maps. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): TenFootPole's is coming &nbsp; Phoenix: "sewer of road" &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): that sewer is under Kellee neither group dealt with the Dark Brotherhood i believe it was called so that was not used. &nbsp; Phoenix: Is that an assassin's guild? Please tell me he didn't just steal it out of Elder SCrolsl &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): not sure but they help those who work underground not much is given about that group yet but the wife of the candlemaker was one of the members &nbsp; Dix Ashien: Ok, gang. I'm dropping off. Thanks for the game. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok see ya and thanks for playing tonight! &nbsp; Phoenix: Thanks for GMing! Have a good night &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): here is the sewer map &nbsp; Devin M.: I shall retire for the night as well. &nbsp; Dungeon Master (GM): ok bye now!