Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Populating

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, my players are reporting since last log in, they can click on their portrait in the bio tab of their character sheet and every time they do it populates a token on the map. It does not allow them to delete that token they generated. I click on their portraits and it does nothing, doesn't replicate the issue they are having, but I can right click and delete the tokens.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I know that they can drag the graphic onto the map that way, but it is not a set-up default token, just the graphic. Hence their inability to control it. The method they should be using to put their token on the map is to drag it in from the journal tab. Usually the GM places token however to prevent a player from inadvertently placing their token some place it has no reason being.
They were literally just clicking on the bio portrait of their character sheet and it would populate a token.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That sounds like a miscommunication. Just a click shouldn't do that. Also, what do you mean by "populate" a token? It should create a graphic if you click and drag the avatar from the bio page. It is technically a token, and is technically linked to the sheet, but nothing in the token is set up, no bars, vision settings, auras, etc. It is not the same as the default token.
Right by populate, that's what I mean. My players are clicking on the portrait and it's acting like the click/drag, it generates a token just from clicking the image. I've tried to replicate it with my test acct and nothing, but they are doing it left and right.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. I can't reproduce that. Since it doesn't produce a useful result anyway, my advice is to tell them not to do that. :)
Haha. Yeah, the slap on the virtual wrist has already occurred.