Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GMing and Cards (Steeling) - GM needs to be able to steel cards without prompting players.

I did a search, I didn't find anything about this. I understand that the Roll20 table has been designed to allow people to play board games and card games, as well as roleplaying games. So, I understand the feature. However, the GM has the ability to SEE everyone's cards, with a simple checkbox. And of course can also recall all of the cards. Hide the decks from players, allow them to draw cards, etc. So, a person in the GM position already has a lot of ability to cheat or ruin a game, if said GM wants to do so. I am very sick and tired of waiting for my player's permission to 'steel' a card from them, during a roleplaying session. It would help me, and my players out a lot, if I could simply take cards from their card-inventory as needed. I use cards and tokens for XP, I run Cypher games and have purchased nearly all the Cypher decks, and sometimes I just want to remove a Cypher from a player because I gave it to them accidentally, or because it's more powerful than I wan them to have, or take an XP card because they burned it, and it would just be easier for me to take it without slowing the game down and directing them to say, "Yes, allow steel" EVERY FRICKEN TIME.  It really slows down my games having to explain to players over and over, how to let me steel cards. Especially when it seems the popup hides behind other windows, so they don't even get the notification right away that I'm trying to "Steel" a card. I'm the GM, I can take the cards if I want to, and should be allowed to take the cards if I wanted to. I mean, in a non-RPG game, if I played Go Fish as the GM, I could see the faces of their cards anyway and win every game.... It isn't much more 'game breaking' to have a checkbox or something that lets the GM just take the cards when they want to.
"Steal" is spelled with an "a" .
I was tired when I posted that. Thanks Ronald.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .