Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] imgsrv.roll20.net proxy delivering content insecurely

Casey
Sheet Author
(By the way, where do you prefer these sorts of bug reports, here on the forums or as a github issue? I feel like I shouldn't be duplicating but I'm not sure what's the best way to reach the devs) Github Issue for this bug #265 (along with the unrelated #255 ) Roll20 uses TLS by default, yay! But the content proxy server ( imgsrv.roll20.net ) isn't set up to deliver content over TLS, so the browsers are complaining. Firefox is the most strict in this regard. For passive content (e.g., images), this isn't a big deal as Firefox allows the content. But for "active" content (e.g., fonts) the content is blocked completely. This makes it impossible to use webfonts in our character sheets on Firefox.
Good call, I knew it wasn't an issue for images but I had forgotten about Firefox and fonts. I will see if we can get SSL set up on that sometime in the near future.
Casey
Sheet Author
Any update on this?
It's still on the to-do list, just currently relatively low-priority since the only thing it's preventing is using custom fonts in character sheets.