Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder sheet issues and suggestions

Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello everyone, Many of you have made topics about issues and suggestions for the sheet. In an effort to read them all without losing my sanity, I'd like to try to get them all in here from now on. I'll also probably use this to relay what changes you can expect when the sheet updates next. If there are any questions/issues/suggestions, please feel free to bring them here. If you create a new topic, hopefully I see it.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Incoming changes 5/30/14 added styled checkboxes for show/hide sections made attack and defense notes bigger since the skills table produced a lot of white space Added total skills to bottom of skill sheet added 1 extra craft, perform, and profession skill moved concentration skills to spells per day sections made CMD take dodge and deflection into account added a source drop down for choosing where your armor check penalty is coming from added a drop down to select which ability modifier affects HP (defaults to CON). Your max HP takes this stat * your level into account TODO add step="any" to weight fields
I have looked at <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/879669/pathfinders-character-sheet-not-rolling-right#post-889135" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/879669/pathfinders-character-sheet-not-rolling-right#post-889135</a> and at the suggestion I created a completely new game created one token only changed the stats and all the roll from the character sheet come back with "(floor((11 + 0 + 0 + 0) / 2) - 5) + 0 + 0))" in the char window. My players really want to be able to see the math, please help.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Auto calculated fields will only print out the formula. It's a limitation of all the sheets right now.
I figured out a work around that should work. /em Perception roll 1d20(+[[@{selected|Perception}]]) = [[1d20 + @{selected|Perception}]] That way the math is shown but it's a little easier to understand.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
That's a good way of doing it. I too wish the auto calculated fields just printed what they totaled to instead of printing the formula but at least we know they work regardless.
Is it possible to add weapon attacks such that they can be used as macros / token actions?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
No that's a limitation of the repeating sections

Edited 1401571303
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just a thought, but maybe make a few of the weapon lines non-repeating and then have repeating lines for "overflow" weapon lines.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Even if I did that, which I'm not because the sheet's already big enough as it is, I still won't make any of the buttons appear on the bar until it's possible for a use to toggle which buttons appear for that character.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ahhh. :)

Edited 1401583874
Forge
Plus
Darn. I'm not savvy enough on the coding of the sheets to understand exactly what the limitation is or if it can ever be fixed, but... --- Darn.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
It can be fixed with a contextual right click menu on every button that has yes/no options for enabling the button on the token bar. When "yes" is clicked, it adds the tokenaction class to the button, otherwise the tokenaction class is just not there.The drawback to that is determining how to keep the decision between sessions.
I'm not finding a way to bind a repeating_feat_X_used value to a token's bar(s). It looks like it was intended to be possible, since they all have a ~|max value. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?
I have noticed that anytime I use a macro that uses the @{DEX-mod} in it's formula it comes up with a stray +1 in the results. However, if I actually do the math (floor((@{selected|DEX}) / 2) - 5) it comes out fine.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
@Josh I don't think you can bind repeating sections to bars in any sheet. Repeating sections have many limitations. @Chris Can you be specific about which macros?

Edited 1401600819
On the Character Sheet and of the skills that require Dex are giving me back a +1 like [[1d20 + @{selected|Stealth}]] even /em Stealth roll 1d20(+[[(@{selected|Stealth-ranks} + @{selected|DEX-Mod} + @{selected|Stealth-trained} + @{selected|Stealth-misc} + @{selected|acp})]]) = [[1d20 + (@{selected|Stealth-ranks} + @{selected|DEX-Mod} + @{selected|Stealth-trained} + @{selected|Stealth-misc} + @{selected|acp})]] comes out with a stray +1
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
What's the character's Armor Check Penalty?
My acp is -1. When I change the macro to "/em Stealth roll 1d20(+[[(@{selected|Stealth-ranks} + (floor((@{selected|DEX}) / 2) - 5) + @{selected|Stealth-trained} + @{selected|Stealth-misc} + @{selected|acp})]]) = [[1d20 + (@{selected|Stealth-ranks} + (floor((@{selected|DEX}) / 2) - 5) + @{selected|Stealth-trained} + @{selected|Stealth-misc} + @{selected|acp})]]" the stray +1 goes away.
When I do "/em DEX-mod roll 1d20(+[[ @{selected|DEX-mod}]]) = [[1d20 + @{selected|DEX-mod}]]" it comes back with a stray +1 and doesn't have (floor((@{selected|DEX}) / 2) - 5) in the formula.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
New Changes 5/31/14 Re-added weapon notes to NPC rolls because IDK why I took them out in the first place (don't drink and code kids) Added step="any" to all of the weight fields. You can now have decimals for your weight (the API script has also been updated to reflect this). Updated the NPC skills section to add the new skills Added a "Uses" column to the Spells per Day section to track how many spells you've used so far. Sorcerers rejoice! "total-spells-per-day" has been changed to "spells-per-day|max" Added 3 more empty skills to fill up some white space TODO Make "acp" always negative

Edited 1401602527
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
@Chris I'm copying your macro but it's not showing a stray +1 for me bro. The only thing I can think of is that you have an attribute called "DEX-mod" already in your sheet that's overriding the sheet's "DEX-mod"

Edited 1401602902
Gauss
Forum Champion
Chris , if you want, send me a join link and I can come take a look. I may be able to track down the stray modifier.
@Sam - Strange I'm getting it even if I do [[1d20 + @{selected|DEX-mod}]] (The addition should be +5 not +6 for that character.)
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
You shouldn't even be seeing the whole number, it should be the formula. Send me a join link if you want too, cuz I think I know what's going on.
Sam said: @Chris I'm copying your macro but it's not showing a stray +1 for me bro. The only thing I can think of is that you have an attribute called "DEX-mod" already in your sheet that's overriding the sheet's "DEX-mod" Yup, DEX-Mod in the attribute tab. Feel like a real tool. Thanks for being patient with me.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
NP man, you're not the first and you won't be the last.
Hey, I noticed you added some 1.5*stat-mod to the bonuses on damage rolls which is useful for two-handed weapons and one-handed weapons held with two hands - but there really ought to also be a 0.5*stat-mod to the damage rolls option as well since off-hand weapons only get +half STR-mod. I can add this manually to the weapon with a + (@{STR-mod}*0.5) but it comes up with #.5 damage results then.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Always use floor() when dealing with that stuff, but I'll add that too.

Edited 1401651422
Would it be possible to add rolls for spells to "cast" them? Print out the name, caster level, DC, spell description , all that good stuff so the GM doesn't have to look it up every time. Also, I suppose this is a little dumb to ask, but have you been letting the devs know what's keeping you from implementing X or Y feature? I'm hoping your feedback will result in them making quick little fixes so that you can do stuff like compare values or calculate total encumbrance.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Great idea, I was going to do something like that but had no clue how to actually implement it. Your way does the job though, I'll add that in.

Edited 1401651555
Ah, edited right after you commented. Glad to be of help, you should do that for feats and features too. Are you letting the devs know what's on your wishlist? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to oblige you.

Edited 1401651691
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm having a talk with them soon as my prize for winning the sheet contest. I plan on letting them know what I'd like then.

Edited 1401667231
I looked through and didn't know if it was suggested... is there a way to include multiple attacks for a single weapon, if the character has a high enough BAB? I have a macro that does it by simply tacking on a -5 after the attack roll, but then that also requires separate attack rolls for the first and second attack of every weapon the player might use (by using the different lines). Or am I asking for way too much? :x Oh, and another handy thing, for the weapons menu. Maybe an easy way to simply change the order of the weapons? Rather than have multiple macros for a character who swaps between two different weapons, since most attack macros I've seen rely on the top weapon, an easy way to simply change the order? Thanks for reading!

Edited 1401667324
I started another thread showing some of the macros I've made that use the PF character sheet, maybe you'd like to take a look. Love the character sheet, by the way, and so do my players. Thanks a million. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/894700/share-your-macros" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/894700/share-your-macros</a>
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Reordering isn't a thing sheets can do right now. Multiple attacks are simple enough to do in a macro that they don't need to be put in the sheet. I can put multiple babs in the sheet but that's as far as I'd go.
Sam said: Reordering isn't a thing sheets can do right now. Multiple attacks are simple enough to do in a macro that they don't need to be put in the sheet. I can put multiple babs in the sheet but that's as far as I'd go. That's fine. I thought up a sort-of solution while making macros. Simply having row 0 melee, row 1 ranged, row 2 something else, etc. It's a solution that works well enough, at least.
Minor bug: Under the Statistics on the NPC sheet, the labels for Total/Misc CMB and CMD are one field over too many. So the Total CMB label is over the field for the Misc, the Misc label is over the field for the CMD, etc. And I love the spell casting feature for the future, but I'd have a separate description field if you decide to print one. I find it more useful for the players to have the full spell description from the book, since the field is collapsible, since just having the blurbs on a printed sheet is what usually gets our spellcasters into rules-related trouble.
The only time I think there'd be a need to use a macro for a spell would be to remind the GM what the hell is going on. Might as well just have the player put the whole spell description in the description field and not worry about even bothering with a blurb. Blurbs are pretty useless.

Edited 1401713776
A feature request I am using the Psionics rules from Dreamscarred Press. I don't mind adding the Autohypnosis (Wis) and Knowledge (psionics) (Int) skills to the empty skill fields, but it would be nice to have them by default. I would also like if you add a Base Power Points/Day, Bonus Power Points/Day, and Used Power Points fields to the Spells Per Day section. Essentially it is an additional Spell Level line without the DC column EDIT: I also included an error report but finally figured it out, it was a conflicting attribute.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not going to add the skills but I might add the power points.
This might be a silly question, and perhaps it has been addressed elsewhere... When using the inventory on the character sheet, it does not seem to automatically tabulate weight from inventory or weapons, and I have been entering it in manually. I have added in weights and quantities, but it doesn't seem to affect what is displayed under carrying capacity. Is it supposed to sum up your items for you?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
It can't do that. Use this script if you want that to happen at least somewhat automatically. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/879434/script-pathfinder-weight-and-encumbrance#post-879658" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/879434/script-pathfinder-weight-and-encumbrance#post-879658</a>
Awesome, thank you very much!
When using the roll buttons on the character sheet it keeps subtracting 5 from my rolls. For instance when I roll a strength check (str 16) it does 1d20 (floor(3/2) - 5). Can someone explain why it does this?
Gauss
Forum Champion
To calculate your ability modifier there are two main formulas: floor((Ability Score-10)/2) and floor((Ability Score/2)-5) Sam is using the latter of the two. Any time you hit a button that uses the ability score modifier it is pulling the Ability Score (in this case STR) and plugging it into that formula. However, in your case it appears to be pulling an Ability modifier. My guess is you have an Attribute called "STR" with a score of "3". You need to delete that Attribute. When you delete it then it will call the Ability Score (16) from your character sheet and plug it into the floor(Ability Score/2)-5) to get the ability score modifier and everything will work properly.
You are correct. That is indeed what is happening. Thank you for your assistance.

Edited 1401795015
First I want to say Awesome job! to everyone involved in the last update and particularly the Pathfinder sheet! Thank you guys so much, this is going to make things a lot easier to keep track of. Some things I noticed while filling in a couple of NPC sheets (I hope I am not re-stating things others have already pointed out): HP are not automatically calculated from the Hit die formula. There is no space for weaknesses (like "vulnerability to cold"). A negative Dex modifier is not added to flat-footed AC (even though it should, only a bonus is not added). If a weapon has different kinds of damage (say, a flaming longsword) there is currently no way to split the rolls. I know you can hover over the result and check the individual rolls, but that feels clumsier than necessary. There is no elegant way to mark "At-will" or "Constant" spell-like abilities. "Burrow" should be type of speed with a comment box behind it (to add things like "ice and snow only"). There should be a comment box behind the CMD field (to add things like ("Can't be tripped"). So far that's all I got. Again, thank you so much for putting all this work into the sheet, it is great and I am merely suggesting things to make it even better!
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
The hit die box is fluff I can add weaknesses I can either add Dex or not, I can't pick and choose when I wanna add it Macros are your friend I can't remember what that section looks like but just put it in the description for now I can probably add that I can probably add that
I still have one issue that I would like to see if others have the same problem, and I don't think it is a sheet issue exactly, but figured I should ask. AC is an auto-calculated field. If I attempt to set this to "Bar 2" of the token, AC does not exist there by default. I can workaround this by adding a blank "AC" field to the Attributes list. This generally works, but have also seen some inconsistent behavior with this. I can also confirm Samuel T.'s report in the global issue thread regarding HP|Max. While it does "work" it seems slow to auto-calculate at times, which trips off the Status Tracker API script tinting the token red (because the math ends up doing a HP / HP|Max to determine percentage of health left). Again I can work around this by simply adding a health point then removing a health point, but it confirms the behavior that I am frequently seeing.