Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creating a Character Sheet for Classic Battletech and 2nd Edition Mechwarrior

Guys, Hey there!  I need to information or suggestions on creating character sheets for older games, specifically Classic Battletech and 2nd Edition Mechwarrior.  The available Battletech character sheets (4th Edition and Destiny) will not work for my purposes.   I want to port my current table top Classic Battletech campaign over to Roll20 to allow me to continue to play with my family as they leave the house. I have all the supporting materials including books, maps, and miniatures.   I want to design and build a 2nd Edition Mechwarrior Character Sheet first and then maybe even a Battletech Record sheet for the Mech.   Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?  What tools or languages to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, AC

Edited 1593566381
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This would be where to start: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets</a> If there are sheets you have seen that might be similar to what you want to do, you might be able to take a peek at (or steal some of) their code here:&nbsp; GitHub - Roll20/roll20-character-sheets: Character sheet templates created by the community for use in Roll20. Be aware that you will need a pro subscription for access to the sheet editor/sandbox.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kraynic said: Be aware that you will need a pro subscription for access to the sheet editor/sandbox. And this part is unfortunately essential. roll20 has specific requirements and there's no other way to test that a sheet actually works than to test it on roll20 itself. You cant test it in an external site.
Kraynic and GiGs, Hey there!&nbsp; Thank you very much for the response.&nbsp; I was thinking about upgrading my subscription, this would be just another reason to do so.&nbsp; I will check out the links you provided and get back to you will any questions.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you again for the response, and for the work you do for the platform itself. Sincerely, A/C
There is an option for the mech combat portion of the game but it isn't designed to work with roll20. A java program known as Megamek.&nbsp; If you want something that will help with unit management I'll add MekHQ. The official Battletech forums run by Catalyst Games Labs has a dedicated section for it in addition to a forum run by the developers themselves where you can learn more.
That would be real cool. I am not familiar with MekHQ.&nbsp; I will look into that as will at the Catalyst Games forums.