Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[CST][5E][online] DND group for Sunday Homebrew game. Goal driven story.fantasy high magic.heavy role playing/ minor combat. 1pm CST. Weekly

This campaigns mostly for new player's to play and few expirence. We have mostly all female cast of player's currently. Hey so our last DND Session we just had a special session where we played for 8 hours because we were not gonna play this upcoming weekend. We normally play for 3-4 hours but decided to finish the dungeon crawl we had in store that Session. It was a super role play heavy dungeon crawl with minor combat.  The party has just reached level 4 and have a session of downtime. Currently the party is in the shadowfell and having assistance from the raven queen. They rest in her stronghold. We have mostly 6 players who are playing  -barbarian/ centaur -rogue/ human -cleric/ aasimar -druid/ tiefling -ranger/ halfing -monk/paladin multi class/ air genasi. We also are not playing this weekend because it is 4th of July weekend. If you can answer me this questions it be nice. Questions 1) how old are you? 2) what's your gender you refer to? 3) how many sessions have you had played in? 4) are you in any other current group's? 5) what's your availability normally? 6) can you use discord and be okay with video calling interview and be okay playing DND with a camera on? 7) using DND beyond and Discord only for DND and okay with theather of mind +mic? 8) do you have access to both of discord and DND beyond? 9) we have several players from CST to EST to German time. What your time zone, can you play at 1PM CST on Sundays or 2pm? 10) what's your role play expirence currently? 11) what's your preference of class and race would you pick if the current classes and races that have been selected have been taken. What would you pick? (Ignore multiclass) 12)do you have dice? We play with normal dice rather than virtual dice. Do you have trust in us to play this way? 13) what's reason would make you not attend a session? 14) do you mind Homebrew items and rules? 15) would you be fine if you didn't make it, and be extra person Incase someone falls out of the campaign? 16) any thing else I should least know about you that I get to know a bit personal as a person possibly? Hobbies/interest? 17) what do you dislike in a DND campaign and what do you like in a DND campaign? 18) would you be ok if you and I created a character together to fit the narrative and come up with a goal so it fit in the campaign? 19) send me your discord so I can contact you.
Hello, my name is Oliver and I am a non-binary(they/them or he/him is fine) 23 year old. I'm very interested to be a part of your game group, if it's available, and would love to hear more about it. I've played in 14ish? sessions, and DM'd 10 more so around 24? sessions in the last 3 years. I'm not currently in any other groups sadly, the last one I was in fell apart because the DM had some family issues.      My current availability is all open (after the 18th, I'm visiting my boyfriend for two weeks but that's out of the ordinary), and then when the semester starts I will be available every day except for Tuesday and Wednesday from 5pm to 8pm EST because of my courses.     I use discord daily, and am okay with a video call interview and using it to play DND. I feel like being able to see the facial expressions of other players is very helpful in role playing, so I actually prefer it that way. I've used DND beyond once or twice, but I am totally fine learning and using new programs. I do have access to Discord and DND beyond.     I live on the east coast, and am available at the given times (1pm CST or 2pm).     I used to role play for years via text on Neopets forums, and then continued to do it over text until I learned about DND. I have role played in the 24 sessions mentioned above, and a couple one shots as well.      I have most experience in Cleric, but I would be willing to play any class or race. I like the idea of playing a Tabaxi Bard, or a Human Fighter but I understand if those don't fit into the group.     I do have dice, they glow in the dark! I am totally fine playing with normal dice and trust people to be true to the dice and the group. The only reasons I wouldn't attend a session is in case of an emergency- it's a commitment I make to my groups and I don't feel like it would be fair to blow people off for any other reason when I've made a commitment.      Homebrew is fine! Being an extra person is fine!      Besides DND, I enjoy art and being crafty. I like playing video games and cooking and I am going to school for my Master's in Early Childhood Education and Special Education starting this Fall.     I dislike people railroading or making themselves the spotlight in a game where it's a group effort. I really appreciate people staying true to their characters, even if it makes it difficult on the group (I.E. if someone's character got scared and let out a scream- even if the player could have decided they shouldn't do that- if it's in character and fits what they would do I really appreciate it (if that makes any sense)). I like tackling problems with other people and developing relationships and friendships and the found family aspects of things.     I would love to create a character together to fit the narrative and craft a goal that fits!     If you're interested in further contact, my discord is ZombieElvis#9138. Thank you for your consideration! (I leave for my trip on the 4th of July and come back on the 18th- I will be available for quick contact and discord messages at this time but will have to wait for anything else until I get back as I do not get to see my partner often and would like to spend as much time as I can with him (he's on the west coast and I'm east coast). Thank you for understanding!)

Edited 1594109157
I'm Toastyr, I'm 20, and I use he/him pronouns, very nice to meet you. I'd love to learn more, and I'm super interested. 3) how many sessions have you had played in? -I have played in four separate campaigns over the last 3 years. 4) are you in any other current group's? -Not right now, I have been D&Dless for the quarantine and really wanna get back into i.t 5) what's your availability normally? -As of right now, I am pretty much available whenever. 6) can you use discord and be okay with video calling interview and be okay playing DND with a camera on? -Absolutely, I have a habit of making a lot of arms movements when I try to describe something, so that helps. I also have a couple cats that will probably make several appearances. 7) using DND beyond and Discord only for DND and okay with theather of mind +mic? -Totally, I've both played and DM'ed games over discord. 8) do you have access to both of discord and DND beyond? -Yup,  I don't have any of the additional material on DND beyond, but I know how to use it. 9) we have several players from CST to EST to German time. What your time zone, can you play at 1PM CST on Sundays or 2pm? -PST so I'm early, but I can play at that time. 10) what's your role play experience currently? -I've played in four separate longer-term campaigns over the last 3 years, DM'ed one, and done a bunch of one-shots with friends. I was also in a pokemon RP DeviantArt skype group chat when I was like 13 so use that information as you wish. 11) what's your preference of class and race would you pick if the current classes and races that have been selected have been taken. What would you pick? (Ignore multiclass) -I love playing spellcasters and rogues, I try to play a different class and race every game I play. The character I've played the most was a mailman tortle monk so I'm interested in mixing it up from him. I have really wanted to play a sorcerer or wizard. I am down to do whatever, as long as it fits into the group. I had like basic ideas for a kobold bard jester, very friendly drow sorcerer, and a mildly sassy skeleton wizard. 12)do you have dice? We play with normal dice rather than virtual dice. Do you have trust in us to play this way? -Yup, I got pink ones, and failing checks is part of the fun, so I don't lie on dice rolls. 13) what's reason would make you not attend a session? -If I am able to get a job before quarantine ends, or I get busier when school starts again, but I should be good for now. 14) do you mind Homebrew items and rules? -Go for it, the more creative the stuff, the more fun it is. 15) would you be fine if you didn't make it, and be extra person Incase someone falls out of the campaign? -That works for me. 16) any thing else I should least know about you that I get to know a bit personal as a person possibly? Hobbies/interest? -I do stand up comedy, and am weirdly mildly famous in my college's town's local comedy community, I like video games (mostly rpgs) despite being very bad at them, I made a Tumblr joke about frozone in 2015 that got 10,000 notes, One time I completed a whole New York times crossword without using the internet, I've built a 6 story tall card tower. 17) what do you dislike in a DND campaign and what do you like in a DND campaign? -Dislike: I've been in campaigns where one person wants to like be evil and everyone else isn't exactly comfortable with that or just wants to go against the group and that's always rough. Banter is great, but I don't love it when players are too confrontational with each other or want to fight, D&D is more fun when you're a part of a team. -Like: My favorite campaigns are the ones with a real plot, world, and characters, but the freedom to crack jokes and have goofy aspects to characters. The best thing is having a character whose actions can make you both laugh or cry. Just a DM and players that are willing to have fun together. 18) would you be ok if you and I created a character together to fit the narrative and come up with a goal so it fit in the campaign? -Absolutely. I love coming up with characters, and I'm totally down to work together. 19) send me your discord so I can contact you. -Toastyr#4753, I'd love to hear back if you get the chance.
Questions 1) how old are you?  51 2) what's your gender you refer to?  Male 3) how many sessions have you had played in?  Over 50 in roll20.  Over 500 if you include in-person.  I've been playing PnP RPG's for 40 years 4) are you in any other current group's?  I am DM'ing one group and a player in another 5) what's your availability normally?  Saturday and Sunday before 7pm CST.  Occasional weeknights (except Thurday) after ~5pm CST 6) can you use discord and be okay with video calling interview and be okay playing DND with a camera on?  No problem.  I've done it with other sessions. 7) using DND beyond and Discord only for DND and okay with theather of mind +mic?  No problem.  I have a dndbeyond account with most player sources and have no problem with verbal only games. 8) do you have access to both of discord and DND beyond?  Yes, I use them frequently. 9) we have several players from CST to EST to German time. What your time zone, can you play at 1PM CST on Sundays or 2pm?  CST, and I'm fine with those times.  I'd prefer to be done by 6pm CST, but that's not a hard stop. 10) what's your role play expirence currently?  Tons.  D&D from 1e through 5e (except for the 4e fiasco), Pathfinder, Starfinder, and more. 11) what's your preference of class and race would you pick if the current classes and races that have been selected have been taken. What would you pick? (Ignore multiclass)  I prefer multiclass, but if I had to pick single class, I'd say Wizard or Bard.  (multiclass choice would be Sorc/Bard/Warlock) 12)do you have dice? We play with normal dice rather than virtual dice. Do you have trust in us to play this way?  No problem.  I have a lot of dice 13) what's reason would make you not attend a session?  Work.  I occasionally have work obligations that spill into the weekend, but I do my best to prioritize previous commitments like scheduled games 14) do you mind Homebrew items and rules?  No problem.  For content, I prefer it.  It allows the game to be more tailored to the players.  For rules, as long as it's not massive, then houserules are fine.  Too many, and it's hard to know what to expect and requires more time working that out.  I don't have a problem with that, though. 15) would you be fine if you didn't make it, and be extra person Incase someone falls out of the campaign?  Probably.  It depends on if I end up with other commitments in the interim. 16) any thing else I should least know about you that I get to know a bit personal as a person possibly? Hobbies/interest?  I'm pretty laid back and a bit silly by nature.  I love both roleplaying and character creation.  My other hobbies include computers and computer games, Shakespearean acting and medieval recreation. 17) what do you dislike in a DND campaign and what do you like in a DND campaign?  While a bit controversial, I'm not a big fan of character death.  I create characters who have stories to tell and with things to learn about them.  Character death without recourse is devastating.  Even with recourse, it generally results in being kicked out from playing until it can be resolved.  Other than that, I dislike party strife.  While it's OK to roleplay trust issues with other characters, I think it's important to work around them and come together as a team when the going gets tough.  Things like that can provide a much deeper roleplaying experience, IMO. 18) would you be ok if you and I created a character together to fit the narrative and come up with a goal so it fit in the campaign?  I prefer it.  I think players should always work with the DM to integrate them into the campaign, even if they have a character idea ahead of time. 19) send me your discord so I can contact you.  I will send this via DM Thanks for offering, and even if I don't make it, I hope you folks have fun!