Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

dynamic lighting updated - inconsistent light blocking depending on token position

The token can partially see thru walls that are marked by the same line. When I move the token, the "translucent" wall is now blocked but another part is not blocking anymore token settings: token vision "on" page settings: dynamic lighting "on", explorer mode "off", daylight mode "on", update when token drop "on" shall i provide additional information? Best Regards
I'm having this problem as well. When a token is >19 grid spaces away from a dynamic lighting wall/door they can just see right through everything. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Please report all bugs related th Updated dynamic lighting in the main thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8422745/a-new-light-bug-thread-updated-dynamic-lighting-and-fog-of-war" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8422745/a-new-light-bug-thread-updated-dynamic-lighting-and-fog-of-war</a>
I was able to replicate this, and it appears to be related to the line thickness of the walls you place. I increased line thickness and it blocked vision from further distances.
I changed the thickness of the masking from thin to small. it works perfectly now, thanks. I will post this in the above mentioned forum as well. thanks yall
I am also having this issue. Once I changed the line size to medium it fix for the most part, but with some extreame testing I found that it can still happen This image has my light test token 19 squares away from the edge of the map and you cannot see past the wall However Move just 1 square further away and the dynamic light wall no longer blocks sight.
Aetis
Pro
Sheet Author
I am experiencing the same bug. I don't want to use anything other than thin lines for walls. Fix in the near future would be appreciated.