Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E Charactermancer bug report

When I bumped a character to 4th level, In the charactermancer, When I click the Feat tab instead of the Ability score increase tab, I got the following error int he description box: An error was encountered Don't worry; it's not like you triggered the end of the world...right? If you message us about the error, please give us the error ID below so we can look it up: b228675e30a4454e8d85dfe026e33315
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Okay, a couple of questions to narrow down when and how this problem happens might prove useful. Did this error message only show in the Charactermancer window, or was it overriding the whole character sheet page or the entire game page? If you exited the situation & tried again, did this error occur again? Was this character originally created before this feature was launched? If you create a new character and level it to 4th lvl and try to add a feat, does this error happen again? If it repeats, are you able to avoid the bug when creating a new lvl. 4 Chracter in another campaign? I had no trouble with creating a new character & adding feat at 4th lvl, but haven't tested levelling an old character. Does your character have a feat from 1st lvl, and if so, does your game have only access to the SRD compendium, or more? An unlikely, but possible, edge-case would be that in case you only have access to the one Feat shown in the SRD and you have already given it to the character, the Feat-tab(if poorly implemented) could bug out if it has no unused Feats to display. Do you use a browser other than Chrome or Firefox? Unlikely to be a browser problem, but better be on the safe sid and use the recommended browsers.
This was an existing, Old, character that I bumped to 4th.  This message only showed in the feats section.  It only occured on initial and I am assuming because there was no selection in the feat list.  Once a choice was made, it went away.
bump
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Has the error recurred since then?
Haven't retried it.  Was hoping to have some form of response on this.  That is why I bumped it.  I now realize answers aren't going to come.  I'm moving away from roll20 anyway.  I've tested their new release, although better, still has alot of issues.  3 Months in and still in the state it is.  Follows their last year's performance on the AFOW Screwup.  So, I am moving on to Astral and when I finally get fiber, Foundry.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be fair, this was not the right place to post a bug report on that feature. That would have been  D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 , which is dev-curated for sheet and charactermancer issues. The bug you show above is typically seen when there is a momentary failure to connect to the roll20 servers and usually goes away on any kind of refresh. And to be fair on your side, response time is very low right now and answers are not always given in a timely manner. If you had posted to the other thread, you may not have gotten an answer, but the issue would have been logged if reproducible. Given its transitory nature, it probably would not be. Good luck and good rolling wherever you wind up gaming!