Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative for Pathfinder 2e

Hi, I am a "noob pro" with (nearly) no knowledge about scripting / HTML / Java / or whatever skill is necessary for that. Hopefully the "real pro's" can help me with a problem. I am playing Pathfinder 2ed with the Roll20 Pathfinder 2ed Sheet and i want to use the Group Initiative Script from Aaron. If i am correct, it was made for DnD and that is why no bonuses are added to a ini roll....how can i configurate it for Pathfinder 2e? Hopefully you can help me with that
Spren
Sheet Author
Group Initiative is system agnostic. All you really need to do is find which attribute you want to use. I don't really know that sheet or anything but for PF2e it looks like the attribute is just called initiative on the player sheet. So to get it to use that (and no other bonuses or anything) you would just add a new group. Try this and see if that works: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative

Edited 1593957840
This is the effect.... whatever this means :-)  oh...and this appears in the Sandbox:
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You have "wisdom_modifier" put in as a modifier for the die, but it's intended for things like ro1 or kh1 or such. Clear that out and it won't crash. 
Thank you for the quick reply....actually i can't figure out what exactly you mean :-( I know, it must be hard to explain it to a total noob....but if you could try and help me to get this great script running for PF2e, it would be great.....and i think, i am not / will be not the only noob who like to use this script :-) 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Try running: !group-init-config --set-die-mod| That should clear it. 

Edited 1593964068
ok.....NOW i am really confused (as if this could be possible)...... tried it....my Sandbox: I deleted the GroupInit SCript.....added it again...and it won't roll anything. Even the ini rolls without the Ini mod from my first try aren't coming. What has happened / what have i done? So far, i just typed the tipp from Spren !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative after that nothing seems to work even with a re-install of the script

Edited 1593976897
Spren
Sheet Author
Yeah like Aaron said you got it in to a bad state somehow. It's trying to roll "1d20wisdom_modifier" and obviously doesn't know what to do with the text there. You can run the command that he posted to clear that, or in the options when you open the help there is a section that is title "Dice Modifier String" that you want to clear or disable. Otherwise it looks correct to me? Your screen shot looked like it was going to roll the correct number "initiative|current" plus a tiebreaker of "initiative|current". Not sure if you need or want the tiebreaker but it probably wont hurt anything.

Edited 1594035008
ok.....i cleared the entry under Dice Modifer String EDIT: No error in the sandbox......after reinstalling it rolls again.....but so far without the correct modifier......could you please describe how a noob like me could config it for Pathfinder 2e without crashing it again ?
Spren said: Group Initiative is system agnostic. All you really need to do is find which attribute you want to use. I don't really know that sheet or anything but for PF2e it looks like the attribute is just called initiative on the player sheet. So to get it to use that (and no other bonuses or anything) you would just add a new group. Try this and see if that works: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative If i try this again....i got this response from the script and no roll:
Spren
Sheet Author
Alright. Looks correct to me. Now that you have it set up all you have to do is select some tokens and then use "!group-init" in the chat. That should roll initiative for the tokens you selected using the character sheet you connected to them. Generally I save that as a macro so all I have to do is select some tokens and hit the macro button. Here's an example of me using it in a dnd5e game:

Edited 1594062506
HOLY COW !!!! Thank you VERY much! :-)  Everything is working like it should (or like i think it should) Thanks Spren and "THE" Aaron for your help and congratulations to your high "Resistance to noobs" Rating !!!!!
Spren
Sheet Author
Awesome! Glad we got it all worked out! It's definitely one of my favorite scripts, saves so much time. We're always happy to help on these forums so always feel free to ask anything, we were all noobs too once, someday you'll pass it on lol. Happy adventuring!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Totally. I agree with Soren.  I both love and hate GroupInitiative. The functionality helps lots of people, but I cry a little inside when I look at the code. It's one of my older scripts and could use some love...

Edited 1594118597
The Aaron said: Totally. I agree with Soren.  I both love and hate GroupInitiative. The functionality helps lots of people, but I cry a little inside when I look at the code. It's one of my older scripts and could use some love... I think it is like every new computer....it takes some time to get it running the way you like....after that work....it's best to never change anything :-D Nonetheless....it is a great help for GMs.......and with the support from you and this forum, it is worth every "will save vs. Config DC"