Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I'm attempting to use Numbered Tokens..

Edited 1593793218
I'm trying to number a series of tokens (Frost Giants, to be specific) and it's not working using the %%NUMBERED%% option. Now, I'm currently a free user. Does that make it unavailable to me? Are little script features like this restricted by account status? If not, here's the relevant information: I have a sheet and a token. The token is set up to have the Nameplate showing, with the Nameplate reading "Frost Giant %%NUMBERED%%" I've set the token as the one the sheet is supposed to use, having removed the old selected token first. Whenever I drag one out to the board, the name on the token reads "Frost Giant %%NUMBERED%%", and doesn't reflect a number. It does this for every token. Any advice?
Here's an image of what I'm seeing, and what the token settings are. They are supposed to be numbered 1, 2, and 3 from left to right.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That requires the TokenNameNumber API script. API scripts require a game created by an active pro subscriber. 
So little features like this *are* restricted by account status. Good to know. Thank you for the quick response.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ilthimar said: So little features like this *are* restricted by account status. Good to know. Thank you for the quick response. It's more like account status gives you access to more tools. The token numbering script is a user-created offering, not a Roll20 feature in and of itself. I.e. increasing your subscription level will not automatically "unlock" that feature.
@keithcurtis But if API scripts become available in a game made by someone who is a Pro subscriber, doesn't it mean *just* that? Call me crazy, but that's *exactly* what it sounds like. And for the record, I have no problem with it. It's just good to know that such features are behind a subscription fee. Could be a good idea to have it listed *somewhere* what is and is not available on free accounts.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It does mentionwhat each tier gives here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/why-subscribe-to-roll20" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/why-subscribe-to-roll20</a> It doesnt explain what API Access means there, but it does list it.
I did see that after I posted, when I went to see what the difference was. I couldn't find a way back to this post easily, so I figured I'd admit my wrongness when someone posted again. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ilthimar said: @keithcurtis But if API scripts become available in a game made by someone who is a Pro subscriber, doesn't it mean *just* that? Call me crazy, but that's *exactly* what it sounds like. And for the record, I have no problem with it. It's just good to know that such features are behind a subscription fee. Could be a good idea to have it listed *somewhere* what is and is not available on free accounts. I just meant that increasing your subscription level doesn't make features like token numbering automatically appear. A user still has to install a script—in case anyone reading along took the discussion to mean that. You might be surprised by the number of folks who upgrade and then try to issue, say, a token-mod command without realizing they must first install token-mod.
That's also good to know. I would have never realized that I needed an additional token-mod on top of all of that to make it work. Thank you for clarifying that.