Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Character Sheet Modification Help Please

PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Mmkay so like I am running an off game and I am having so much problem fixing like three things. I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. So like basically I managed to change the names of the stats I needed to change, and kind of changed the saving throws. However, I can't get them to read or post in roll20 chat. I have tried, and I swear I am about to cry over something so small. Mmkay so like here all I need if anyone is so willing to help me. Stats: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Technology(Replaced Wisdom), People (Replaced Charisma) Saving Throws: Changed to Fortitude, Reflex, Mind I honestly thought I would be able to do it. :( *_o So like this is what I have done on Custom Sheet. HTML Layout Code: Code Translation Code: Code The file size was like too big or something to purely post the code. So it is uploaded to dropbox and shared link for download. The file is in Notepad++ if that even matters. CSS code appears to be fine and does not need editing. Mmkay, I want to mention that like I am a baby when it comes to like knowing code, so if you start telling me how to fix it, I will honestly be lost. It took me like 12+ hours to even manage to get this far on something that a coder could like so do faster than me. Thank you to anyone willing to help. Hugs
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not going to download your file (it can't be previewed on dropbox).  However, did you change just the label that shows up on the sheet, or did you also change the attribute names like name="attr_wisdom_base" in the html?  If you did change wisdom_base and/or wisdom_mod, did you also change all the places they appear in sheetworker scripts later in the sheet code?
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So like, I believe I did, but for some reason, I am not sure what causes it to appear in a way where it won't load the stuff in the translation I believe. If there was a way to show you the code I would but I don't know any free hosting to show you directly. Sorry.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can post lengthy code to pastebin.com. But people arent going to want to scour through a massive sheet to find small changes. If you post the code, its best to post the original code, and your changed version, and also list the line numbers you changed.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is what Roll20 is providing me when I hit the buttom No attribute was found for @{Ukri Pluju|show_character_name} No attribute was found for @{Ukri Pluju|hide_gm_info} No attribute was found for @{Ukri Pluju|attacher_Technology_check}
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The name was randomly generated so I didn't change it
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't recognise any of those attribute names. Try this: Character name: @{Ukri Pluju|character_name} It should just print out the character name again, Ukri Pluju, and if it doesnt work, it gives us a place to start.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
When I type that it prints out the name Ukri Pluju
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is the purpose of those attribute names you linked? The errors you are revealing that those attribute names dont exist.

Edited 1594007508
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Let me repeat this suggestion from earlier: GiGs said: You can post lengthy code to pastebin.com. But people arent going to want to scour through a massive sheet to find small changes. If you post the code, its best to post the original code, and your changed version, and also list the line numbers you changed. We wont be able to tell why the sheet isnt working properly from just the changed sheet. We need to compare it to what it was like before. Edit:  you can post them as dropbox files like your first ones. But we do need to know the line numbers that contain changes. These sheets can be very big.