Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game Not Loading on Win XP

Yeah yeah, use a newer pc, I know! Mine's in storage and I have nowhere to put it in the meantime. So I'm borrowing Mom's laptop instead. Trying to access a game through Chrome, but it's stuck on the load screen. Here's what's showing in the console: Chrome  Version 49.0.2623.112 m Windows XP Media Center Edition; Version 2002; Service Pack 3 HP; Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU; T5500 @ 1.66GH; 1.99GB of RAM My cousin wants to host a Session 0 in 1 and a half hours. I might not be able to join on this PC though.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah I'd probably be more concerned about the OS and browser than the old hardware. Have you got the most recent (XP) version of Chrome?
Mobile might be better, but if you are dead set on playing via an XP machine: It looks like in the error you can't validate SHA256 signatures or hashes, MS released a hotfix for XP SP3 expanded SHA256 support, KB968730, BUT since 2003/XP are no longer supported the hoxfix is likely no longer available via official means. Good luck.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Impressive, Ryan. I can't even remember what XP looked like. Was that the one you had to wind up by hand?