Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Doors Script Issues

Hey all,&nbsp; I am using&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/636123/script-door-control-for-players-includes-locks-and-traps/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/636123/script-door-control-for-players-includes-locks-and-traps/</a> &nbsp;for my game and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.&nbsp; Everything seems to link up just fine, but when I go to open the door, the dynamic lighting line comes forward to the token layer.&nbsp; Here is what the token sees with the door closed:&nbsp; Which looks great! But then when the !OpenDoor command is given, I get: I mean it's not a deal-breaker but it does look pretty crappy. I've tried deleting it and redoing the whole thing over and still nothing.&nbsp; Any help would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp; Thanks!
The line isn't on the token layer but the GM layer. The players will not see it.
Matt's script but its an older one, I would highly recommend Scott C's Doorknocker script available in the one click. The setup is far easier.
I don't have a handy link, but The Aaron did a simplification of Matt's Door Script that I use. It does less, but is far easier to operate.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mark (GM) said: Matt's script but its an older one, I would highly recommend Scott C's Doorknocker script available in the one click. The setup is far easier. This, this, this!
al e. said: I don't have a handy link, but The Aaron did a simplification of Matt's Door Script that I use. It does less, but is far easier to operate. Yea, I think I use the same.
Thanks folks. I think I was just confused since I thought CTRL-L to look through a token would give me a player view and ignore the GM layer. I'll take a look around to see if I can find The Aaron's script somewhere.
Drop me a DM if you can't find it Erik.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ctrl-L is often used to check player view, but in reality, it is intended for checking Line of Sight in Dynamic Lighting situations. It does not accurately display other elements, such as external light sources, the GM layer and so forth.