Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dark Mode When?

Hey guys, when does the dark mode is coming? I've already tried stylus and stylish, but those things doesnt seen to work (i use firefox, because i hate google chrome) So... When? I was planing to start streaming the campaign on twitch, but i cant stream with this light mode, my eyes wont allow to do it for more than 30 minutes or i'll need a new pair of eyes every new session
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think one is in the works. There's probably a Suggestion for it if you have any votes.
I've searched a little, and no results i found. Even some add-on for browsers, but also it doesnt work either So, isn't it any chance for the devs look forward to it? I've searched along the forums, i saw people saying they're waiting about the dark more as well, but it is about one year, maybe two..

Edited 1594050410
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Roll20 have said that they gonna finish the redesign of the site before committing to work on a dark mode. Marketplace, and the front page are examples of pages with the new design, so there is still some way to go. The Dark Mode suggestion is among the highest voted at 523 votes currently, so Roll20 is aware that it's a popular request. I think on the Stupid tricks -thread there are some user-made half-fixes, or maybe it was the "Stylening" thread.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a popular request, I'm surprised you didn't find a dark mode userstyle. There are many. Here is a resent offering: Dark Mode (esp. for D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet)  - Kirill S.  [Source Code] You can find general installation info, as well as a host of other style tweaks in these threads: Show Off Your Style , and Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening!

Edited 1594114646
Thanks guys, I'm looking for the dark mode, for my home brew campaign, no d&d inspiration or anything, I've been developing all the system and stuff, i just need the things to be a little less sore in my eyes, I'll take a look
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, due to the fact that each sheet has its own html/css, it would be difficult to develop a universal dark mode.

Edited 1594136332
I personally am using Tampermonkey with <a href="https://github.com/RedReign/Roll20-Dark-Theme" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RedReign/Roll20-Dark-Theme</a> (Instructions on the linked page) in Firefox, but there certainly are a lot of options for that.