Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Global roll modifier for NPCs (5E sheet)

I'd like to suggest a checkbox for a global roll modifier for NPCs, kind of like how PC sheets have Global Save or Global Damage. I don't think we need to get all that fancy for NPCs, just a single global box. This way, when a PC has cast Bane on them, or an ally NPC has cast Bless, there is something that is fast and easy to check, then keep on going. Before anyone suggests macros or APIs, I've got ways to simulate what I'm suggesting. I can code macros / APIs, or set the NPC sheet as PC sheet & check one of the globals then set it back to NPC, or just type [[1dX]], or insert another work around here. I've already got solutions, I'm thinking of everyone. I am proposing a single global roll mod on the face of the NPC sheet. I'm making this suggestion because something that keeps popping up in my games is needing a quick, short term mod to some roll for the NPCs and thought maybe other people are encountering this situation and would like a quick fix.
Seconding this. It's an issue that comes up frequently for me when dealing with mid-high level enemies. Not an issue at lower levels, but when I'm working on adventures higher than say, 5th level, I start running into situations where I really wish I could add this feature to NPCs.
shouldn't that be in the character sheets forum?
Feel free to skip on over to character sheet forum and put this suggestion there if you feel strongly about the idea and think it'll get better visibility there. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .