Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hi, Dumb Question - Sorry ! Maps

Hi, I'm sure this is blindingly simple but had defeated me. I have a map I want to use that is 32 squares by 14 squares but I cant get it to fit. How do I make it fit, again sorry. Many thanks in advance :)

Edited 1594059155
Do you mean how to set the tabletop to be the right size for your map or "align to grid"? For the former you can find it in page settings:
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Does your map have a grid burned into the image, if so they are likely 2 or 3 pixels wide which make the overall thing difficult to fit to the Roll20 single pixel grid lines. You are best off getting a good fit on one plane and then trying to get the other plane to work with minute adjustments, this might mean adjusting the original plane as well occasionally. Once you've got it close enough you could either turn off the Roll20 grid and use the map image one or make it transparent for snapping purposes and enjoy the 'close enough' experience lol.
Hi Guys many thanks so I'm trying to fit this map which is ungridded onto what I think should be a 32 x 14 square grid but I cant get enough squares up ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That map without alteration will fit onto a page 30 units wide and 12 units tall at 140 ppu. That will be full screen resolution at 200%
Hi Keith many thanks. Apologies when I put those dimensions in it still doesn't fit ? Again I'm guessing I'm doing something stupid wrong and would be grateful for any help. Kind regards
Again thanks to all who have kindly responded :)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
From the screenshot, it looks like you have set the dimensions of the image, but you also need to set the dimensions of the map page (default size is 25x25 grid units).&nbsp; You set that in the map page settings: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings</a>
Nailed it :) Thank you all !