Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A quick question - changing a token's character on the fly?

I've got an idea for implementing something and the easiest way for me would be to give a monster's token an action which changes what monster said token represents - think of a mid-battle upgrade for individual monsters. I'm not that well versed in the various commands so I wanted to ask if anybody can think of a way to do that somewhat on the fly through commands.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Only with the API, a pro subscriber perk. If you have access to the API, you can do it with a simple TokenMod command. 

Edited 1594080114
Gotcha, pity. Was worth a shot! I don't suppose there's a way to manipulate overlay icons without API, is there?
I'm not sure what your actual goal is, but could you just use a Rollable Table token ? M
Hmm. I doubt a rollable token would actually let me change what statistics the linked creature has, would it?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, it just changes the appearance of the token.
Like they said, it requires API to do it with a command, but you can always open the token to change the sheet it represents to the new form. If you're using token actions they'll change to match the ones for the new sheet.
Dakota H. said: Like they said, it requires API to do it with a command, but you can always open the token to change the sheet it represents to the new form. If you're using token actions they'll change to match the ones for the new sheet. Hm. A bit slow, but may still be superior to the alternatives.