Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP (Free) (GMT) Weekly Classic D&D Campaign... The Desert of Desolation

Edited 1594119231
Hi, I am interested in building a new game to start in a couple of weeks here on R20. We would use discord for VOIP. I would be looking for people that enjoy RP as much as combat, are dynamic fun players, and are able to commit to a long term weekly session on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (around 7.30-11.30). New players are welcome. There will be a Session 0 before we start. I don't pretend to be an expert DM in R20 or anything, but I have run at least one successful campign before here and have DMed for a long time at the table. The system being used will be Castles & Crusades (old school flavour built on D20 chassis... It's basically AD&D 2e smoothed out). So, that's it really. let me know if you are interested.
I haven't played Castles and Crusades in years, but it was a good system. It definitely reminded me of AD&D 2E without all the baggage and clunkiness. I'd love to play, but I'm already playing in 2 games and still DMing when I find time. The Desert of Desolation looked like a fun module and I'm a sucker for the Egyptian and Middle Eastern settings. Good luck finding players for your game!
Thanks Roy :)

Edited 1594159197
Here I am, offering to run classic D&D fun for free, and people are not interested because it isn't 5e... People, please, give other systems a chance. C&C is a lot closer to the authenticD&D experience than 5e is. I am not saying that it is better or worse, just different and more faithful to the original spirit of D&D. It's worth a shot. if you know D20 D&D past 3e then this will make sense to you straight off. Desert of Desolation is a recognised classic.
Just dropping a quick hi as requested I look forward to starting the campaign and trying a new system 
Howdy Lee. I am talking to a few others from off this forum that are interested as well. Hopefull we can get something going soon :)
Quick message, Hi Damon, i'm interested in joining the campaign.  I've currently play 5th edition and also DM a group online.  I found your game on the Dungeons and Dragons UK Facebook group.  I've been playing D&D since the early 80's and have experience with other systems. i look forward to session zero.  thanks Lawrence

Edited 1594216211
Greetings, I am DocDetroit from the thread as well.  I am available on Wednesdays and interested in hearing more about the campaign.  I like the heavy roleplay aspect of it and old school sure doesn't scare me.  "ThacO was here" Doc Oh, here is my discord info DocDetroit#7344

Edited 1594216922
You listed times, but what timezone?  That would make all the difference. edit.:  Silly me, not in the post but in the title.  I'd have been interested in a Wednesday game but am PST so, bummer for me.
Lawrence B. said: Quick message, Hi Damon, i'm interested in joining the campaign.  I've currently play 5th edition and also DM a group online.  I found your game on the Dungeons and Dragons UK Facebook group.  I've been playing D&D since the early 80's and have experience with other systems. i look forward to session zero.  thanks Lawrence Hey dude. ok cool. let's see if we can snag a couple more then I'll start with a date for the S0 :)
Doc Detroit said: Greetings, I am DocDetroit from the thread as well.  I am available on Wednesdays and interested in hearing more about the campaign.  I like the heavy roleplay aspect of it and old school sure doesn't scare me.  "ThacO was here" Doc Oh, here is my discord info DocDetroit#7344 excellent. That's three players and me so far, so we are on the way to having a game. :)
Do you have any slots open I'm interested in joining your game
sporefiend said: Do you have any slots open I'm interested in joining your game We do indeed. We are still building... I am probably looking for 5-6 peeps, so you are welcome aboard. As I said, we are a few days out of getting this going and it looks like it's gonna be a Wednesday night. I will be throwing stuff such as campaign invites and discord invites out in the next couple of days.
Hi all I'm Jarec. Long time roleplayer (1976, DnD first ed) but new to Bristol. Love to Roleplay rather than rollplay, big fan of narrative systems like 7th Sea and Kids on Bikes. So count me in if you have space.

Edited 1594324684
Jarec said: Hi all I'm Jarec. Long time roleplayer (1976, DnD first ed) but new to Bristol. Love to Roleplay rather than rollplay, big fan of narrative systems like 7th Sea and Kids on Bikes. So count me in if you have space. Howdy. Give it a day or so more and I will start sending out the relevant links and stuff. I am thinking that we will do the Sesh 0 this coming Wednesday, and then get stuck in the following one.
OK links sent out. We still have for one more if anyone wants in. Newbs welcome.
We still have for one more if anyone wants in. Newbs welcome.
Hi, I would like to join you. I have played 2e a long time ago so this dose sound fun.
Jeremy said: Hi, I would like to join you. I have played 2e a long time ago so this dose sound fun. Howdy. OK, sounds good. Let me send you some links via PM and we can get it rolling. The session 0 is this upcoming Wednesday.
Also interested if there's still an opening.  Haven't played D&D in 2 years or so, but I really enjoyed 2E back in the day.
Uriel said: Also interested if there's still an opening.  Haven't played D&D in 2 years or so, but I really enjoyed 2E back in the day. Well, a couple that have expressed interest in playing haven't followed it up by responding or joining the discord or campaign, so I am not sure if they are flaking or not right now... I will give them a little time and let you know :)
Uriel, I haven't had a follow up reply to a couple that expressed interest, so sending you an invite link. We still have room for another because of this, so anyone interested is free to post.