Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I make multiple attacks referencing character sheet stats?

Edited 1594130809
This is for the Savage Worlds (tabbed) character sheet.  This is what the sheet outputs to make a basic roll.                  0 &{template:roll} {{trait=@{Rach|shootingname}}} {{source=Pistol}} @{Rach|rolltShooting} {{button=y}} {{DmgRoll=[Roll Damage] (~-MBWR--3IcKOq-4ObGJq|repeating_weapons_-MBdSjV3f3i7fG5oUtN5_dmg) }} @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods} 0 This is what the output looks like.  I want to be able to make additional attacks in a row for Frenzy or Full-Auto. With separate damage rolls for each. I have no clue what I am doing apparently.  This is what I tried to adopt from another game where I got something similar to work, but it did not use sheets.  (ignore the extra line breaks, it is formatted for readability)  &{template:default} {{trait=@{Rach|shootingname}}} {{source=Pistol}}  rolls=[[  [[ [[(~-MBWR--3IcKOq-4ObGJq|repeating_weapons_-MBdSjV3f3i7fG5oUtN5_dmg)]] +  [[ [[(~-MBWR--3IcKOq-4ObGJq|repeating_weapons_-MBdSjV3f3i7fG5oUtN5_dmg)]] +  [[ [[(~-MBWR--3IcKOq-4ObGJq|repeating_weapons_-MBdSjV3f3i7fG5oUtN5_dmg)]] +  {{Attacks=**Att | DMG**}}  {{#1 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2 @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods}]] | $[[0]] }}  {{#2 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2 @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods}]] | $[[1]] }}  {{#3 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2 @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods}]] | $[[2]] }} The attack rolls should be at -2. 

Edited 1594179896
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edit - after a second look at that roll template, I don't think the below will work. What exactly is the value of the Attribute @{Rach|rolltShooting}? From the roll template it looks like it contains a bit of code, not a die value. Since that repeating section outputs a template, wrapping it in an inline roll [[ ]] isn't going to work. You've also got the rolls adding together, and some unclosed [[ opening inline roll brackets. You can't nest a template inside a template, and anyway it looks like you just want to display the damage on each line, rather than the whole damage template - is this correct? As a side note, that ( ~repeating stuff ) syntax is for creating a macro link. To roll the Ability in the repeating section, you would want %{ repeating stuff }. If this macro is not saved on Rach's character sheet, you would need to change that to %{rach|repeating stuff}. What do the Attributes in the attack roll do? @{setmodsenc} and @{showtraitmods}? You've got them inside an inline roll where they will mess up the math - you should still get a die roll, but putting strings in the inline roll tends to mess with the modifiers. If they're not integers, and something you want displayed you can either put them in tags with single squares [ ] or put them outside the inline roll, [[attack roll math]] @{attribute1} @{attribute2}. What you'll probably need to do is pull the math out of that damage roll template, and insert that into your code. What is the +1 in the main damage, is that from an Attribute? And how is the bonus damage calculated? You'd end up with something like this: &{template:default} {{trait=@{Rach|shootingname}}} {{source=Pistol}} rolls=[[ 2d6+@{rach|dexterity}+@{rach|dmgbonus}]] [[ 2d6+@{rach|dexterity}+@{rach|dmgbonus} ]] [[ 2d6+@{rach|dexterity}+@{rach|dmgbonus} ]]{{Attacks=**Att | DMG**}} {{#1 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2]] @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods} | $[[0]] }} {{#2 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2]] @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods} | $[[1]] }} {{#3 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2]] @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods} | $[[2]] }} The attack rolls are all made up. Also the -2 in the attack rolls, is that something you want hard-coded or is this linked to an Attribute on the character sheet? Putting the relevant Attribute in the template will save having to change the macro when the character levels up.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This looks like a savage worlds specific question. You'll need someone who knows how the rolltemplate works - we would need to know what every attribute value contains, before being able to help here. I'd look for a savage words character sheet, and ask for help there. I do notice in the first example there's this section: @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods} 0 which is not inside {{ }} brackets, which means they likely contain their own {{ }} brackets. If thats the case, then they will break in sections like this: {{#1 =[[@{Rach|rolltShooting}-2]] @{Rach|setmodsenc} @{Rach|showtraitmods} | $[[0]] }} You need help from someone familiar with that character sheet.