Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fighter's Bonus Features

This might not be the proper forum for this question - but I can't find a straight answer anywhere I look. I am a new player playing a fighter. I am not sure how many bonus feats fighters are supposed to take.  At 1st level, and at every even level thereafter, a fighter gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement (meaning that the fighter gains a feat at every level). These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as combat feats, sometimes also called “fighter bonus feats.” Does this mean every level a fighter takes a bonus feat along with any other feat gained from leveling up? For example, at level three fighters gain 'Armor Training' - do they also get an extra bonus feat? I guess the "in addition to those gained" is what is throwing me through a loop. 

Edited 1594191588
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Assuming this is Pathfinder, you do not gain a bonus fighter feat at level 3: At 1st level, and at every even level thereafter So after level 1, you only get the bonus feat on even numbers: 2, 4, 6, 8 etc. These bonus feats are also restricted to combat feats. Note that the Roll20 forums are specifically for the VTT systems used by the site (macros, API, character sheets, dynamic lighting etc.) rather than general rules clarification - answering your question wasn't difficult, but you'd get a speedier response in forums actually dedicated to Pathfinder rules & mechanics. That's if I even guessed the right game - many, many systems are used on Roll20!