Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rewards for One-shot?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it's not... I played in a one-shot session a while back (about 4 hours). It was very fun! I'm now wanting to DM my own one-shot session, about 3-4 hours. I'm thinking about giving the PCs either some gold or some common magic items at the end, stuff like a Cloak of Billowing or Armor of Gleaming (both from Xanathar's, pretty much cosmetic without much tactical use) -- the kind of thing that is fun for the players, but is not going to break someone else's game later if the player tries to take it elsewhere. I definitely don't want to step on another DM's toes! So I'm asking for protocol first... Is it common to give rewards for a one-shot? And if so, what do you give out -- gold, magic items, something else? Are the players allowed to list those items on their character sheet and take them to another DM's game? Do we need to adhere to strict Adventurer's League play in order to do this? Or is it enough to remind the players that if they take this stuff to another DM's game, they'd have to get approval in advance from that DM before using it. Thanks for weighing in!
Spren
Sheet Author
Generally one-shots I've been in and run are completely separate and characters don't carry over to other one-shots. So any rewards given at the end of the one-shot would just be flavor. I don't know anything about AL and it's rules for carrying things over though. I imagine you'd have to follow their rules to be able to carry anything over.