Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Uploaded Sound Files Not working

I made some drops for a game on garage band and uploaded the mp3 to my jukebox, but when I go to play them it just makes a short glitchy sound. Is there a specific format they need to be in other than mp3?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
mp3 should work. Try listening to the file on your computer again, and then re-upload it with a new name to see if it happens again. Have you tried to upload any other sound files or made them work?
Yeah I just registered to it on my computer and it is fine, then i uploaded one of them again with a different name and it made the same weird glitchy sound.  This is the first time i have tried to upload any of my own sound files. Maybe Ill see if I can just upload a song from my iTunes to see if I can get something to work?
I just tried a regular mp3 from iTunes to test it and that didn't work either.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I guess you should try convert the file to the other okay formats, like .ogg .flac .wav : <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039178714-Jukebox" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039178714-Jukebox</a> Will G. said: I just tried a regular mp3 from iTunes to test it and that didn't work either. Did this new file result in an identical glitchy sound, or did it sound different? Are you using the recommended Firefox or Chrome browsers? If you play any of the pre-existing sounds available on the Jukebox, do they work normally?

Edited 1594372831
You know what, I tried downloading chrome and running the game through that (I have a mac and was running through safari) and for whatever reason the drops work fine on chrome.

Edited 1594386127
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I'm not surprised. Roll20 officially supports only Firefox and Chrome, so troubleshooting any issues usually includes switching to the official browsers. Good things got figured out.