Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token settings not saving when linked to a journal

When I drag out the default toke, nothing is saved. I edited it before and after saving it as the default token and nothing is working. I am not sure why nothing is working, nothing is saving and it is getting me slightly annoyed by now. Can someone help me out with this please.

Edited 1594174568
Link the token to the journal sheet, set token lighting, token vision, token size, etc., then save it as the default token. Think of this step as saving your work.
I have done that exact thing. Even after doing that nothing saved with my tokens.
Be sure you are dragging them out by the character's name, not by the image.

Edited 1594217713
Just to be clear.  You are opening the character sheet and saving it as the default token, not the character sheet portrait, right?  Also, the 'represents' field in the token is set to the character you want it to represent before being saved?  A quick way to be sure it is set to the proper character sheet is to shift + double-click or alt + double-click on the token after you set it up.  If it's right it'll open the sheet.  Also, the way you asked the question makes me think something might be being done wrong.  What do you mean by, "when I drag out the default token?"  You don't really drag out the default token, although that is what happens, you drag out a player character or non-player character by grabbing it's name and dragging it out to the vtt from the journal.

Edited 1594225169
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Deleted a cross post.
Not sure if this helps, but if the journal entry is open in one of your characters sessions, that will cause it to not save. I have to ask my PC's to close their character sheet before I save their token.
Thank you all for the help. So I was pulling a stupid and I was dragging out the token by opening the journal and dragging it out by there. Not dragging out from the journals tab.