Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn Tracker Custom Item Question

Edited 1594214644
Patrick Gebhardt
Sheet Author
Is it possible to add a custom item to the turn Tracker which counts up by one and Stops to count when it reaches a specified value? If possible a specific value that is taken from a character sheet i.e. the strength modifier.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This sounds like something that should be possible with some API script that interact with the turn tracker. The wiki has some info on adding custom items to Turn tracker in general.

Edited 1594229306
Patrick Gebhardt
Sheet Author
I´m already aware of the custom items in the turn tracker. But if I set +1 in the round calculation it does count up indefinetly. I would like it to stop counting up at a specific value. i.e. 5 or a fixed value like the strength modifier from a sheet. To be more specific. My character has a damage value that increases by 1 every round. But the maxinum bonus is the strength modifer. In this case it is 5. I use @{tracker|Item Name} to get the value from the turn tracker to be added to the damage. But I would like it to stop counting to six at the sixth round and instead let it fixed at 5.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'd need either a custom API solution for that, or use a modifier limit in the dice roll text (using drop highest for example, to make sure the modifier is never above 5). How are you applying the modifier to rolls?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use a kl operation in the damage roll instead of in the turn tracker. Damage = [[2d6 + [[ {@{tracker|Item Name},@{bob|strength_mod}}kl1 ]] ]] The counter will keep going but bob's strength mod will cap the damage added. I don't think you can do much about the tracker item, doing any kind of comparison on itself is impossible since Attributes are called before math is done, and without Pro you can't write values anywhere else. You could potentially hack something together using multiple turn tracker items but that'd get messy quickly since there's no way to hide them.