Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PAID] [5e][LFP][OUT OF THE ABYSS][CST] [9:30pm -12:30amCST] [Tuesday] Dungeon Master looking for players for Creepy and dangerous underdark expedtion

This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of 7.50$ per session via pay pal or venmo 24 hours after the end of the session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, casts a foul spell meant to ignite a magical energy that suffuses the Underdark and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss. What steps through surprises even him, and from that moment on, the insanity that pervades the Underdark escalates and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Stop the madness before it consumes you! Hello! My name is Dr. Acula ( also Eddie, DM or some close variation) I am 23 year old Bisexual male who uses he/him pronouns. I’ve been playing tabletop games and roleplaying games for as long as I can remember. I used to have a love for magic the gathering but that’s waned in the past few years and turned over to my love for DND. My favorite setting is the planescape setting and the game Planescape: Torment holds a special place in my heart. My second favorite setting is the forgotten realms as I love the adventure and exploration as well as the variety the setting can offer from area to area. (The underdark is my favorite locale of the FR, and I've had some ideas for some underdark encounters brewing for a while and this looks like an excellent place to use them!) My main DM style is war gaming, and dungeon delving. I come from crunchy games so I really get into combat the most but that's not to say I don't like role play and world building. I often times include at least one combat per session so if you're that kind of RPG player this is the kind of game for you. I like to have role play be a nice mix of dice rolling and player input and NPC reaction. (you cant just roll to intimidate, you have to tell me how your intimidating them to roll as your method determine advantage/disadvantage and the DC). I also like to include back story NPCs so if you create a family member I can use that to enhance the story by incorporating that NPC into the game so the more you give me the more I can make you feel like a part of the world. What to expect from me as a DM: - Easy to use token macros that speed up combat and role play - status trackers to help you keep track of what all the conditions do - easy initiative roller - illustrated spell templates for each official 5e spell - A full compendium allowing for simplified and easy character creation - auto damage application for AOE spells (taking into account for saving throws) - A full slew of music to help add mood and ambiance to help illustrate the madness of the underdark - a fully prepared GM who's had hundreds of hours of experience DMing and playing on roll20 - Custom detailed maps as well as official WOTC maps - dynamic lighting and shadows - out of game consultation. if you have a question about the game outside of our playtime you can send me a message and I will do my best to answer or work with you at my earliest convince - consistent schedule, we will meet every week unless told otherwise - I will run the game at 3/5 player participation if less than 3/5 of the players show up i will cancel the game and not charge anyone for that week. -  character voices (I'm no Matt Mercer but ill do some voices to help bring NPCs to life) Player expectations: I WILL NOT TOLERATE RACISM, HOMOPHOBIA OR RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE OF ANY KIND IN OUR GAMES.  In the event that you do need to miss a session please reach out to me in a message on discord  I may just ask you to pay your fee for the week you missed if you wish to stay in the game and you make it a habit of not telling me. - Session zero is free after that each session is 7.50$ due 24 hours after the end of the session via paypal or venmo Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. -  (tentative July 21st date for session 0) This campaign is expected to be played to completion and may take upwards of one year to complete. By joining, you acknowledge that you will be free during the time posted each week, and that you make your best effort to attend each session and communicate absences to the DM. Session Zero: will be character creation and a meet up. First we will introduce ourselves and go over our DND experience and what other things we do besides TTRPGS to get an idea of who we are playing games with, we are friends and should get to know one another as it makes the game more fun. We will also go over rules that we will be using. We will discuss what flanking, and other optional rules and how we want to generate stats, we all want to use and go over player/DM expectations as well as some role-playing guidelines so that when we get into the meat of the game there's no confusion of frustration around a ruling (I only want you to be frustrated at the dice). Lastly we will make our characters together. I would like the party to all have a cohesive reason to be traveling together, everyone should work together to figure out what makes the five to six of you a group and not just a forced party for the sake of the plot. Character Creation: -  bonus feat to start out level one! - Any official material from wizards of the coast. -  Backgrounds May be custom and include Two proficiency of any type and a related ability within reason, you must approve your background with me if you choose to make a custom one as it must fit the setting/s - you can use variant races (no races with flying speeds or any Yuan-ti or homebrew races) - All official feats are allowed - You get no starting equipment in this adventure - No Homebrew races or classes/subclasses (only on a case by cases basis) - anything not listed above will require approval by me first otherwise have fun and feel free to talk to the rest of the party about your PCs and link your backstories and your composition. -  Keep in mind that this adventure has madness mechanics and it may alter how your character acts so be prepared to have your character change with the story. Communication: All in and out of game communication aside from dice rolls and RP chat will be held on a private discord server we will primarily be using voice for communication so a good headset is mandatory. I cant wait to unravel the madness of the wonderful horrors of the underdark together!
Hi! I would be interested in joining this campaign! Please let me know how to further communicate with you on joining.
Sounds right up my alley! I'd love to apply. Been looking for a OotA game for a long time.
Hello, I’m interested in joining, sounds fun! Please let me know if you need anything from me, or what is necessary to be apart of it, thanks! My discord is Art#3050