Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Holes

Edited 1594226359
So I really enjoy the dynamic lighting feature but I am running into a strange problem I am not sure how to solve. When characters are on big maps there are some spots where they can stand in that for some reason will illuminate different unconnected parts of the maps. The rooms are lit but there are direct walls blocking this view but the room is somehow viewable to the players. Is this just a glitch? Do I have to redraw the lighting lines? Is there some range limitation?  Edit: My players have not seen this it is only what I see going through the map with Ctrl+L to see their point of view.  
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is this with Legacy or Updated DL? Also, consider using a dummy account to get a player's POV, as ctrl-L is not always an accurate representation of what players will see.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Another thing to check. Make sure you are not using circles for any of your DL lines. Mathematically, they do strange things to Line of Sight, and the recommended practice is to roughly approximate them with polygons.