Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Starting new V:tR 2.0 game, focus on RP/dialog/player choice

Edited 1594844950
some changes, this post is no longer relevant.
BIG edit:  lot has changed. I'm starting up a V:tR 2.0 game with some house ruling to setting and themes. Systems are an undertone with focus being on player choice, RP, and plot. Please note that bulk of this game will be dialog and monologue. This game will require player AND character motivations. If you're looking to be led around and knock over bowling pins as I set them up, you will be terribly disappointed in this game. This is player led content, where the player wants to explore their own characters to see what they evolve or decay into. There will be an over arching plot. First few games will be a 1:1 with each player to cover the embrace in detail. So you will be making a Normal human at creation. I offer 10xp in character creation to allow me to chose your clan. Mentor counts as sire relation with each dot in mentor counting as 2 blood potency the sire can have. So yeah, you can have a BP 10 sire if you dedicate the points. This option also has the stipulation I can chose your clan, as not every clan is equally represented in BP in the setting. You'd be giving up a little freedom in char creation, but the relationships can be magical, and 10 xp in VTR rules is quite a bit. This xp can not be spent at creation, max disciplines when you're embraced can only be two. As you get xp, you can go to three. I'll time gate 4 and 5. There is no reason any neonate has 4 or 5 dots in something in the first week of them being a vampire. If you have any specific questions, send em on over. I'm recruiting for 3 PCs and myself for a total of 4, Due to the number of players that are not working out, opening recruitment again. Focus of this game will be player motivated story, self exploration, learning who the NPCs are in the city, what their quarks are, and learning/earning a place for your character in the setting. I suspect this will be a long running game. Time of next game is a place holder. My goal is to have the game same time same day every week. That said, I myself do not have a set scheduled at this moment. I had a set one for 6 years, Im working on getting it back. Most games at this point are random 1:1, or group games that do not push over arching plot content. Time of day will be 7pm-11/12pm EST. If you do not want to play in this type of game, with theme and rules listed, please dont apply. We're just wasting each-others time. Not really wanting this to be heavy handed, but about 50% of the first batch of players made extreme characters not meant for this game, didnt have the time or want to make a character a just threw dots on a sheet and called it one. Im looking for a specific type of player. If one of those players read this post, they're looking for this specific kind of game. Feel free to add me on discord for questions or character concepts: ddickerson#1572