Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Mythic Odysseys of Theros Campaign

Edited 1594266724
I'm looking to run a Sandals and Sorcery 5e campaign in the Mythic Odysseys of Theros setting by WotC. Game will hopefully be weekly on Saturdays in the mid-afternoon starting between 2-4 PM Pacific (GMT -8) and going for 3-4 hours. Tentative date for Session Zero is July 18th. The intention is for this campaign to be native Theros so a few things are restricted. Races: MOoT races only (Human, Centaur, Minotaur, Satyr, Triton, Leonin) Classes: No artificers Session zero will be held over discord to discuss things like party composition, house rules (not many. I run fairly book-standard games), and both player and DM expectations. If you're interested, please answer the following: Name: Age: (Exact or approximate are both fine) How important is roleplaying?: 1 (I don't do accents) ... to ... 10 (I would have more fun if we could do this on a stage! With boffers! ...and feeling! ) How important is story?:  1 (Who cares? Just roll initiative already!) ... to ... 10 (I need to know how that lamp post  is involved in the Gods' plans!) If you have to miss a session, how would you prefer we deal with your character?   (Ghost them? Have someone else play them? Doesn't matter, just don't kill them? etc...) By the time the campaign is done, what do you want your character to have accomplished?  (Just as a ballpark example. We haven't made characters yet.) What kind of campaign scope interests you?  (Ex: "Unless it's threatening the entire plane I'm not interested", or "Dig into our backstories and threaten us at home . I don't care about my neighbors, I care about me ", etc...) What kind of narrative situations are you uncomfortable with? What should the DM avoid? (Romance? Gratuitous violence? What's going to make you nope out of the game? So I know what not to do) What kind of game situations do you want to see? What should the DM do a lot of?  (Higher-level strategic combat? Political intrigue? Cloak and Kopis [dagger] stuff? Romance? Gratuitous violence?) ...and most importantly... What days work best for you?  My personal preference is Saturdays in the early afternoon but there is a certain level of flexibility available depending on everyone else's  schedule.
Name: William Age: (Exact or approximate are both fine) 22 How important is roleplaying?: 1 (I don't do accents) ... to ... 10 (I would have more fun if we could do this on a stage! With boffers! ...and feeling! ): I would say I am about a seven or eight, I love roleplaying as my character but I wouldn't do accents. Since I would just do them terribly and would take me out of the roleplay. But honestly anything else outside opf that I would love doing. How important is story?:  1 (Who cares? Just roll initiative already!) ... to ... 10 (I need to know how that lamp post  is involved in the Gods' plans!): Story is the most important part, if the story isn't good or interesting then the rest of it just falls to pieces. The world has to be interesting for the combat to be interesting, and for all the interactions to be interesting. So I would say a 9 or even a 10. If you have to miss a session, how would you prefer we deal with your character?   (Ghost them? Have someone else play them? Doesn't matter, just don't kill them? etc...) : Honestly whatever works best for the party in that moment, if it's a serious situation then the Dm is more than welcome to play that character. By the time the campaign is done, what do you want your character to have accomplished?  (Just as a ballpark example. We haven't made characters yet.): I would like my character to have personal growth and complete their goal whatever it ends up being. What kind of campaign scope interests you?  (Ex: "Unless it's threatening the entire plane I'm not interested", or "Dig into our backstories and threaten us at home . I don't care about my neighbors, I care about me ", etc...): Honestly as long as it is interesting than I would love it. But both have their own benefits, the entire plane has very high stakes. Being that the world could end if your party fails. While, the at home one is far more personal and more character driven. What kind of narrative situations are you uncomfortable with? What should the DM avoid? (Romance? Gratuitous violence? What's going to make you nope out of the game? So I know what not to do): I am honestly okay with anything. What kind of game situations do you want to see? What should the DM do a lot of?  (Higher-level strategic combat? Political intrigue? Cloak and Kopis [dagger] stuff? Romance? Gratuitous violence?): High level combat is always fun and easy to look forward to. As is political intrigue since it helps world build which is always the bet part of the campaign in my opinion besides character interactions. ...and most importantly... What days work best for you?  My personal preference is Saturdays in the early afternoon but there is a certain level of flexibility available depending on everyone else's  schedule: Saturdays work best for me by far but I am also free most weed day afternoons.
Name: Varian (he/him) Age:  23 How important is roleplaying?:  10 How important is story?:  9 ( I always keep a notebook of character knowledge lol I'm a giant nerd about this) If you have to miss a session, how would you prefer we deal with your character?   I would prefer to entrust them to another player so they don't disappear from the narrative. If that is not possible, we can totally come up with some excuse or plot line. I'm open to any solution aside from killing them unnecessarily lol. By the time the campaign is done, what do you want your character to have accomplished?  I want them to have had some form of meaningful character development, and have had opportunities to contribute to the group in their own unique way! I want to be emotionally invested enough to cry at their spotify playlist.  What kind of campaign scope interests you?  I like pretty much any genre and any type of story. I find small town politics to be extremely fascinating, as much as I find BBEG end of the world plot-lines interesting. I recently ran Curse of Strahd as well as Ghosts of Saltmarsh (one BBEG end of the world narrative and one small town corruption) and they were both enchanting worlds that I wish I could have been a player in.  What kind of narrative situations are you uncomfortable with? What should the DM avoid?  I'm not inherently unwilling to RP anything. If there is a narrative involving sexual trauma, I would prefer to have a preemptive warning from the DM that the campaign or the session will have that type of theme presented in it. As long as I'm warned ahead of time, I'm completely okay.  What kind of game situations do you want to see? What should the DM do a lot of?  I'm a sucker for political intrigue as well as very dark plot lines (within the consent and comfort of every part involved, obviously). I like games with an emphasis on role-playing, so any campaign setting that gives me the opportunity to explore it thoroughly and feel a part of that world is enough for me. If I could ask the DM to do one thing, it's to incentivize taking notes and paying attention to puzzles/characters/small details. I really enjoy investigating and keeping track of what my character knows and having it pay off. I also would love roleplay opportunities with my other players!  What days work best for you?  I'm currently running Ghosts of Saltmarsh for my own group on Saturdays from 7:00-10:00pm US Central. I can ask my group to potentially switch to Sundays as it is only a group of 3 people, and I'm willing to work with the DM on any scheduling conflicts. Aside from that one time slot, my school is online because of COVID-19 so I am free for any time. Thank you very much for your consideration. 
Name: Instinct  (he/him) Age:  25 How important is roleplaying?: 7 How important is story?:  8 If you have to miss a session, how would you prefer we deal with your character? I dont mind if another player takes control of my character or if we just come up with a excuse as to why he won't be there. By the time the campaign is done, what do you want your character to have accomplished? I hope to have had saved the damsel in distress and beaten the big bad as we all sit down and tell epic stories together about our great triumph. What kind of campaign scope interests you?  A long epic campaign with love, heartbreak, loss, success and failure. I love just the idea of a epic storys like King Arthur or Sant George and the dragon. I dont mind a full session of rp or a full session of combat so bring on the hords What kind of narrative situations are you uncomfortable with? What should the DM avoid? I really don't mind a lot of things and understand if we happen to be chasing a band of Vikings/raiders we might see dead bodys or women with only tattered clothing left. As long as we don't need to fully go into details I don't mind  What kind of game situations do you want to see? What should the DM do a lot of?   I enjoy tournaments jousting stuff like that and the occasional social party with a bunch of ploting nobles or to have a 1 v 100 moment there is very little i dont like or won't have something to do or say What days work best for you?  The time you suggested would work perfectly for me

Edited 1594528731
Name: Dane (he/him) Age: 34 How important is roleplaying?:   I'd say personally I'm about a 6. I like to do voices sometimes and when I play I try my best to think in character but if things get a little meta or jokey I'm cool with it. How important is story?:  Probably about a 6-7 there too. I really enjoy a good story but sometimes being freeform is fun depending on the scenario. I'm not one to intentionally go off down some random path if there's things to get done or threads left to pull at. If you have to miss a session, how would you prefer we deal with your character?  There I'm good with whatever the group thinks is best or whatever serves the story best. I'm not terribly picky about that because I don't tend to miss sessions. By the time the campaign is done, what do you want your character to have accomplished?  I think it would be great for the character to have achieved some high level of fame or notoriety in the world. NPCs would know their name, recognize them.  What kind of campaign scope interests you?  I like a personal story but in order for a character to achieve the aforementioned notoriety, it's gonna have to be bigger than that. So let's go big.  What kind of narrative situations are you uncomfortable with? What should the DM avoid?  Sexual assault of any kind is a no go for me. Romance and violence are fine. Not looking for graphic depictions of sex scenes either though. Fade to black. Other than that, I'm good.  What kind of game situations do you want to see? What should the DM do a lot of?  I really REALLY dig political intrigue, though to be totally honest, I've never been in a campaign with it. I prefer combat to be quick and open, getting into the crunchy mechanics really slows things down and I don't find it terribly engaging.  What days work best for you?     Currently my availability is wide open. Saturday afternoons work just fine for me. 
Name: Alex (they/them or she/her) Age: 24 How important is roleplaying?: I would say a 6. I think staying in character and trying to think like the character is important, but sometimes joking and stuff is fine. How important is story?: I'm really into stories so 8 or 9.  Like going through the main ark of the campaign is good, but going off on some random quest can be fun to. If you have to miss a session, how would you prefer we deal with your character? :  Someone can can take control of my character especially if there is a battle. By the time the campaign is done, what do you want your character to have accomplished?: My character to have finished their main mission if they have one. I would want the group ( the characters) to have learned more about each other and gotten closer. What kind of campaign scope interests you? I love big stories. Like a nice main story that has side stories for the main characters or other people that we decide to help. What kind of narrative situations are you uncomfortable with? What should the DM avoid? I'm fine with most things. Just don't go into to much detail. What kind of game situations do you want to see? What should the DM do a lot of? Political intrigue yes! Mysteries would be fun to solve. I also like the idea of going into temples or places and solving puzzles. What days work best for you? I do work on Saturdays but I get off at 1 so any time after that is fine. I would prefer early afternoon, like around 2 or 3.