Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

token losing their link to character

Good morning,  I've created a new map last monday, did all dynamic lightning and added all the players tokens and tested with one player, everything was fine. Yesterday was our game night and we finally were not able to play, the players were not seeing their character on the map whatever I was doing. I did some test and for whatever reason, everytime I exit the game and reenter, the map load but the token lost the link to their character. Was not happening on any other map I did. Anyone else experience this issue? I am not using the new system as I've tried but had major issue (mentionned in the post) I am on windows 10, using Chrome. Sorry if I miss informations, first time I post. :) Thank you
I had a similar issue creating NPC & monster tokens. The token is selected and set to be default for the character but then loses the link.  On the token editor (settings cog on selected token) the field  Represents Character   changed to defaulting to  none/generic token. ReselectIng the correct character in the drop down fixed it for me Maybe due to the recent character sheet update, but really I have no idea why it happened.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you can come up with reproducible steps, that would be helpful in tracking this down. The most common cause however, is an incorrect token setup. If the token is set up correctly, but is not set as the default token as the last step (no changes afterward will "take"), any drags of that character will not reflect any changes made. If you do not feel this is the issue, I suggest going through the troubleshooting steps (pasted below), and sending both the console log and the repro steps in a  Help Center Request . Could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Thanks everyone, I've fixed the issue by removing the tokens, readded them and relinked them. Token was setup correctly as they were working on the other maps. :)
Also be sure you are dragging the character from the Journal by its name to the tabletop. If you are dragging a token from an open sheet that won't work.