Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] Trying to add damage and crit damage to Macro

I've seen some posts about this and it's how I've gotten this far, but I can't figure out the proficiency bonus damage or crit damage part. I have Hexblade's Curse, Divine Strike and Hex prompting the yes/no menu correctly when attacking. However, I can't figure out how to have the Hexblade's Curse add my proficiency bonus to the damage and Divine Strike's and Hex's crit damage when I select Yes and show nothing when I select No (their normal damage shows, just not the crit damage when I crit). Here's what I have in the macro so far: @{Kaladan|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+12}} {{rname=Prismabite}} {{r1=[[@{Kaladan|d20}cs>@{Kaladan|hexblade_crit} + 5[CHA] + 5[PROF] + 2[MAGIC]]]}} @{Kaladan|rtype}cs>@{Kaladan|hexblade_crit} + 5[CHA] + 5[PROF] + 2[MAGIC]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=5 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + 5[CHA] + 2[MAGIC]]]}} {{dmg1type=Buldgeon ?{Use Divine Strike|No, |Yes, +[[ 2d8 ]] radiant} ?{Use Hex|No, |Yes, +[[ 1d6 ]] necrotic}}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}}   {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Kaladan|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{Kaladan|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{Kaladan|charname_output} In the Attributes and Abilities tab I have this for Hexblade's Curse named hexblade_crit: ?{Hexblade's Curse|No,20|Yes,19} Let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!
What I've been doing is creating a Global Damage Modifier on the character sheet for the Hexblade's Curse extra damage. Then it gets included in your globaldamage automatically, and the player just has to keep on top of the checkbox. But I'm unsatisfied with that, so I started working on a different way to manage Hexblade's Curse and the Hex and Hunter's Mark spells. I have macros for each, that call some API code I've written. When they click on the HBC token action button it asks the player to select a target. When they do, it puts a status icon on the target (with a 9 on top) and then writes the target's token ID into an attribute on the warlock character sheet. I have my turn tracking code decrement the number on the status icon of the target each round, and when it is zero (and would decrement to -1) I remove the status icon. I plan on writing my own API code to handle the damage application, and it will check if the target is cursed (or Hexed or Marked) and apply the extra damage accordingly.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
See how this goes: @{kaladan|wtype} &{template:atkdmg} {{mod=[[@{kaladan|charisma_mod}[CHA] + @{kaladan|pb}[PROF] + 2[MAGIC]]]}} {{rname=Prismabite}} {{r1=[[@{kaladan|d20}cs>?{Hexblade?|Yes,19|No,20} + @{kaladan|charisma_mod}[CHA] + @{kaladan|pb}[PROF] + 2[MAGIC]]]}} @{kaladan|rtype}cs>?{Hexblade?} + @{kaladan|charisma_mod}[CHA] + @{kaladan|pb}[PROF] + 2[MAGIC]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=5 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + @{kaladan|charisma_mod}[CHA] + [[abs(?{Hexblade?}-20)*@{kaladan|pb}]][PROF] +2[MAGIC]]]}} {{dmg1type=Buldgeon}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2=[[?{Use Divine Strike|No,0|Yes,2d8[Radiant]}?{Use Hex|No, |Yes,+ 1d6[Necrotic]}]]}} {{dmg2type=Radiant/Necrotic}} {{crit1=[[1d8]]}} {{crit2=[[?{Use Divine Strike}?{Use Hex}]]}} 0 {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{kaladan|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{kaladan|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{kaladan|charname_output} There's a bit less stuff hard-coded - just the +2[MAGIC] which I'll assume is from the weapon. You can pull these values from the repeating section if you want to with these ($0 being the first attack in your Attacks & Spellcasting section, counting upwards from there): @{kaladan|repeating_attack_$0_atkmod} @{kaladan|repeating_attack_$0_dmgmod} @{kaladan|repeating_attack_$0_atkcritrange} The method for adding Hexblade's PB damage will break if your base crit range changes from 20, though there'd be a way to re-jig it. I moved the extra damage types into dmg2 - if you prefer having the grand total displayed, it can be reworked a little and added to dmg1 instead. You've also got your global fields disabled - is this on purpose? If you want your global damage modifiers to work, they should be: {{globaldamage=[[@{kaladan|global_damage_mod_roll}]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[@{kaladan|global_damage_mod_crit}]]}}
Wow, this is great! Thank you for this. I'm not sure why the global mods were disabled, perhaps from when I originally copied over the base of the macro from chat. I'll probably never change base crit range from 20, so this is perfect there. And yeah, it's a +2 warhammer, it kept breaking somehow with that so I just put +12 and was editing it when I needed to, thanks for automating it! I actually like the numbers separated so that's fine, but I'm now wondering if there's a way to split the Radiant and Necrotic numbers just in case any resistances come into play. This is more just a curiosity than a request since I can just mouse over the numbers and break it up manually, but if it'd be too much of a hassle then this is good! Thanks for taking your time to help me Oosh :) And yeah Ron H. I kept forgetting to turn on or off the global damage or sometimes I forgot to add it to my damage manually or completely forgot I have Divine Strike at all and missed out on extra damage lol. These pop ups are gonna help me remember to use the stuff I have, which is mainly why I was trying to get it to work.