Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players and Token and Editing and Permissions (D&D 5e Spells)

Hello, Sorry if this has been asked before, however here is my conundrum. I have set up various spells as character sheets in the journal and assigned spells to certain players journals.  My idea was that they can open up the character sheet of the spell and drag and drop the picture of the spell onto the map, resize it and position it where they want.  Now even if I give them the ability to edit it, they cannot resize it.  They can drag and drop from the character sheet, they can move the token and even delete it but cannot resize it. So Hunger of Hadar appears in a 1x1 area but it needs to be 10x10.  Just wanted to involve my players more and also sneakily give myself less to do so I can concentrate on other things.  Is there a way to resize the picture in the character sheet so that e.g. Hunger of Hadar appears already 10x10? Or Dragon's Breath 5x5?  Cheers :-) 

Edited 1596903731
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Basically, you are setting up a token without bar values.&nbsp; I would recommend right clicking on your image and setting "is drawing" before saving it as default on the sheet, so that it won't display bubbles when selected on the map.&nbsp; Set up the exact size it needs to be before saving as the default as well.&nbsp; For example, a pathfinder fireball is a 20' radius (40' diameter).&nbsp; I have a template that size that players can drag out and position as needed on the map.&nbsp; It is best to set these up on map pages with the default grid scale (1 unit = 70 px), because it seems to scale to other page scales best that way. Once you have them set up, there should be no resizing necessary.&nbsp; The invisible token that is available to players is set to allow visibility of the auras to players and one aura is set as red with a radius of 0 (which gives a round dot contained in the square/hex).&nbsp; I use that for anything that might scale radius with the caster level.&nbsp; The GM one is for me to be able to set invisible auras around to remind me of enemy spell effects, areas PCs might be detected, or whatever I want to make visible on the screen that players won't see (the players can't see the auras on that one by default). The only thing you might not like about my setup is that with "is drawing" set, these don't snap to grid.&nbsp; But I find I would prefer that cones don't snap, because I prefer using the template shape to using odd forms of square grid units.&nbsp; For example, this allows the fear cone to be set pretty much however the caster would want. There are probably other options out there, but these are from a set that I bought quite a while back on the marketplace.&nbsp; One of the best parts of this set actually isn't the templates themselves, but the 2 "blueprint" map images that have the labeled shapes, sizes, and measurements for sizing the templates.&nbsp; Makes it pretty simple to set up things without miscounting squares or anything.&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3262/spell-templates-magic" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3262/spell-templates-magic</a>
Thank you very much :-)&nbsp;