Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell breaking when adding a marco to the targets section.

I'm trying to make Marcos for spells using the Spheres of Power, so more things scale than a normal spell. I have macros for the range of the spell, duration, and effect which all work fine. However when I put a macro in for the targets, it breaks the macro for the effect. <a href="https://imgur.com/a/9w2ybAG" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/9w2ybAG</a> You can see in the image my code. It works if I remove the macro for the number of targets and even if I remove another macro, removing the range for the last spell, the effect is still broken. Is there any way to fix this as the targets does increase with level.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Posting the code you are using (both the working and the non-working versions) would be helpful.
The code is the same. The only thing I'm doing is removing changing the text for targets. You can see at the top text box when I put "up to five targets" instead of using any code, it works just fine. When I add in the code displayed in the target box, it breaks the effect box, which I don't touch.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Part of the thing is this...&nbsp; Some of us are willing to create a test game on occasion and see if things work for us (because at first glance, it looks like what you have will work).&nbsp; But we also may not be willing to have to look at code on an image and retype all of it.&nbsp; Posting the code copy/pasted from your sheet also allows us to see if there is some space, character, or line return that shouldn't be there.
Ah, that makes sense. I also realize I'm using class level instead of caster level. Range should be close, targets is 1 + 1 per 2cl, effect is +2 and +2 per 7 cl, duration is CL hours. Range Close [[25+(5*[[floor@{class1_level}/2)]])]] (25 + 5ft/2cl) Target Up to [[1+[[floor(@{class1_level}/2)]]]] Effect Gain +[[(2+(2*[[floor(@{class1_level}/7)]]))]] enhancement to Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. Duration [[@{class1_level}]] hours

Edited 1596931233
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Range has a missing beginning ( that should be after floor.&nbsp; I did just paste them in an existing spell on a handy sheet, and while they don't really fit mass feather step, they do work for me once that missing symbol was inserted.&nbsp; I did end up doing a little editing on your Effect to get it to play nice, but it didn't break the spell roll. Range: Close [[25+(5*[[floor(@{class1_level}/2)]])]] (25 + 5ft/2cl) Effect: Gain +[[2+2*floor(@{class1_level}/7)]] enhancement to Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution.
Thanks so much for the help.